Alex Jones Infowars lawsuit

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I just learned that the jury in Connecticut awarded $965 million as compensation for damages suffered by 15 plaintiffs (among 8 families). The punitive damages part of this trial is coming next. Considering the jury's decision so far, I can only wonder how much more punitive damages will be?

Jones's lawyers say they'll appeal. I'm not sure on what grounds he could appeal because Jones refused to provide crucial evidence in the trial. He repeatedly defied the judge's orders to provide the evidence, forcing her to eventually rule that Jones was liable – by forfeit. I don't know what laws pertain, but why wasn't Jones charged with contempt of court? (I admit, I'd be happy to see him thrown in jail.)

There is a third defamation lawsuit coming up. Right now, I don't know anything about it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
In essence he told the people "Good luck collecting."

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In essence he told the people "Good luck collecting."
Sometimes I do wish for a debtor's prison for those in major debt :) Working at the slave labor wages they pay in prison, he'd be there forever.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Is Tucker Carlson next in line to be sued???:)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I normally don't comment on posts like this but Alex Jones is lower than a colostomy bag. He's the most vile, disgusting excuse for a human being and should never be allowed a platform to spew his hate and conspiracies again. Right after this ruling, he dismissed it on his POS website claiming he will tie up the court systems for years and not pay it. He has no remorse and he wants to continue to make up conspiracy theories at the expense of anyone, including future school shootings and associated victims. As bad as he is, it worries me that so many like minded people think like him and believe what he says despite he claimed to the courts it was all for "entertainment value". Truly disgusting.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'd like to know how they concluded a $1 billion? Obviously astronomical. It's why I'm not a fan of "sending a message" verdicts. The fine should fit the crime.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I'd like to know how they concluded a $1 billion? Obviously astronomical. It's why I'm not a fan of "sending a message" verdicts. The fine should fit the crime.
"The jury also ordered Jones to pay "reasonable" attorney fees for the 15 plaintiffs. Most of the families sat in the gallery somberly as each of their names were read. Following the announcement of the verdict they hugged and some cried. The awards ranged from $28 million to $120 million. "

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
"The jury also ordered Jones to pay "reasonable" attorney fees for the 15 plaintiffs. Most of the families sat in the gallery somberly as each of their names were read. Following the announcement of the verdict they hugged and some cried. The awards ranged from $28 million to $120 million. "
That whole thing costed a $1 billion including plaintiff costs?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
This jury award is to be divided among 15 plaintiffs. Each plaintiff has been awarded different amounts, as determined by the jury, varying from $28 million to $120 million. On average, that becomes $64 million per plaintiff. Considering the large revenue Alex Jones makes from his lies, those awards are not out of line.

This was a civil lawsuit, not a criminal trial. It's up to the jury to decide upon the financial award. There is no crime and jail sentence or fine involved. Too bad, because IMO Alex Jones deserves time in prison for what he continues to do.
Is Tucker Carlson next in line to be sued???:)
Carlson's employer, Faux News, has been sued by Dominion Voting Systems, a company that makes voting machines. In their suit, Dominion Voting Systems has claimed $1.6 billion worth of damages. The lawsuit claims that Faux News's false and defamatory claims about voting machine hanky-panky hurt their business.

So far, the only voting or vote-machine hanky-panky supported by actual evidence, has been done by GOP voters or politicians.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
This jury award is to be divided among 15 plaintiffs. Each plaintiff has been awarded different amounts determined by the jury, varying from $28 million to $120 million. On average, that becomes $64 million per plaintiff. Considering the large revenue Alex Jones makes from his lies, those awards are not out of line.

This was a civil lawsuit, not a criminal trial. It's up to the jury to decide upon the financial award. There is no crime and jail sentence or fine involved. Too bad, because IMO Alex Jones deserves time in prison for what he continues to do.
Carlson's employer, Faux News, has been sued by Dominion Voting Systems, a company that makes voting machines. In their suit, Dominion Voting Systems has claimed $1.6 billion worth of damages. The lawsuit claims that Faux News's false and defamatory claims about voting machine hanky-panky hurt their business.

So far, the only voting or vote-machine hanky-panky supported by actual evidence, has been done by GOP voters or politicians.
Jones is a billionaire???

Tucker must get away with it because he tells a kernel of truth.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Btw, when I saw 'the fine should fit the crime' that includes civil cases. Faux getting sued for a billion makes sense. It's this massive corporation. Jones I'd be surprised he's worth anywhere near billions.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The grievance of I'm just asking questions.

Why are we supporting Ukraine?

How did Biden get 81 million votes?

What happened to all of Trump's votes? Wasn't he winning last night before all these mysterious votes dropped in?

The Left always talk about diversity and race. Why do you care now if Herschel Walker runs for Senate as a black Republican and believes in pro-life???:)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Actually, it's basically the opposite, at least so far. He previously avoided liability in a slander lawsuit by arguing (in so many words) that he is completely full of sh*t and no reasonable viewer would think he was telling the truth:

>>>She [the judge] wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil, an appointee of President Trump's, added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I normally don't comment on posts like this but Alex Jones is lower than a colostomy bag.
That's an original and truly appropriate insult. Thanks :).

If Jones is so vile and disgusting that he's lower than a colostomy bag … does that make him lower than a pitchman for used colostomy bags?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That's an original and truly appropriate insult. Thanks :).

If Jones is so vile and disgusting that he's lower than a colostomy bag … does that make him lower than a used colostomy bag salesman?
The thing that would make him lower than a colostomy bag would be its contents after A LOT of bad chili.

Try to un-see that!

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I just learned another great insult. How did Alex Jones beat out a million other sperm to become a life?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I just learned another great insult. How did Alex Jones beat out a million other sperm to become a life?
Aggression and a lot of pushing and shoving to get to the top. Oh wait. That's what he did in his adult life too. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis