Abortion/Trump/Abortion/NATO/Abortion/Ukraine/Abortion/Politics/Abortion Abortion Abortion

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Screw you. There's nothing in your little cartoon that refers to Trumplestiltskin.

Dude, you really need help. Milwaukee is not conservative and the suburb where I live is 2 blocks away from the border. Personally, I would like to see some level of sanity, not hard Left and hard Right.

But, knowing that you live in the Pacific NW, I expect nothing more than stupid, slanted comments about people you don't know.
Wisconsin needs help generally and the conservatives don't seem to be providing any. I do agree on the more central approach generally but seems the republicans have been the more radicalized and spouting much more nonsense in support of it. I haven't lived here in the PNW as long as I lived in Illinois, when I got to visit the dumpster fire that's your area.....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Wisconsin needs help generally and the conservatives don't seem to be providing any. I do agree on the more central approach generally but seems the republicans have been the more radicalized and spouting much more nonsense in support of it. I haven't lived here in the PNW as long as I lived in Illinois, when I got to visit the dumpster fire that's your area.....
I don't know how long it has been since you lived in Illinois (or visited), but if you haven't been in the area in a long time, you would be absolutely amazed by how far it has gone downhill.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know how long it has been since you lived in Illinois (or visited), but if you haven't been in the area in a long time, you would be absolutely amazed by how far it has gone downhill.
Doubt it. I've seen many things/changes around the world. Have you just mostly stayed in your box?

highfigh

highfigh

Doubt it. I've seen many things/changes around the world. Have you just mostly stayed in your box?
Mostly, but have traveled around the country since I have relatives & friends all over. I stayed in the area when mom & dad started to have medical problems.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

There are four states where judges cannot legally finalize a divorce if a woman is pregnant with no exception for cases involving domestic violence, according to The American Pregnancy Association.

While the laws in Missouri, Texas, Arizona, and Arkansas allow for couples to file for divorce, the court must wait until after a woman gives birth in order to finalize child custody and child support.

Two of these states – Missouri and Texas – are subject to trigger laws where, since the overturning of Roe v Wade in June 2022, abortions are automatically banned in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy.

Since the Supreme Court rolled back abortion rights, horrific cases have been reported including an Ohio woman being charged with abusing a corpse after having a miscarriage in a toilet and a Texas woman being denied an emergency abortion by the state Supreme Court after her baby was diagnosed with a rare genetic condition that would likely lead to a miscarriage or stillbirth.

However, the issue hasn't fallen on deaf ears in Capitol Hill. This month, Missouri State Rep. Ashley Aune introduced a bill earlier this month to undo the legislation to ensure single mothers receive child support.

The Democrat said she introduced this legislation because, while she says the original law was made with good intention, she feels it needs to be updated to reflect modern times as "it just doesn't make sense in 2024."

“I just want moms in difficult situations to get out if they need to,” she said. “If we are living in a state where we are forcing women to carry pregnancies to term, then we need to make sure that they have an opportunity to escape a bad situation if they're in one."

She added: “This is something that was brought to me by folks in my community who shared that it was a huge problem."

Election strategists have been anticipating abortion and bodily autonomy to be a leading issue in the upcoming election after having a major impact on off-year elections, including Ohio making a special ruling to enshrine abortion protections into law.

During a committee hearing earlier this month, Aune heard a powerful testimony from a woman who was trapped in an abusive situation while pregnant.

“Not only was she being physically and emotionally abused but there was reproduction coercion used," Aune said. "When she found out she was pregnant and asked a lawyer if she could get a divorce, she was essentially told no."

"It was so demoralizing for her to hear that. She felt she had no options."

A report from Missouri’s Department of Health and Senior Services found that nearly 5% of women between 2007-2014 were abused either before or during pregnancy. That equates to about 500 women out of the 10,098 women surveyed.

Similarly, a study from the Journal of Women's Health released a study in 2015 that 3%-9% of women experience abuse during pregnancy, showing that low-income, predominantly single women were particularly vulnerable to intimate partner violence during that period of time.

It found that in addition to compromising the mother's health, increasing her risk of insufficient or inconsistent prenatal care, poor nutrition, inadequate weight gain, substance use and increased prevalence of depression, it also led to increase risk of low birth weight, preterm birth, small for gestational age maternal and neonatal death.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Thank goodness it doesn't happen often....

Arizona SC rules 2-5 year sentence for abortion and is banned on incest and rape.

i remember my granda may saying she knew someone who was raped and kept the child. What about the ones who don't? Well it's a hard knocks life...

highfigh

highfigh

Trump did load every Federal Court in America except the CAVC. I’d say that’s a bit more than a touch
"Every Federal Court"? Might be a bit of a stretch to say that and not that I want to defend it, but justices aren't replaced unless they retire or die (or are removed for some reason) so the POTUS at the time places the justices they want- while it shouldn't be, even this is political.

OTOH, if it were left to Congress, it would probably take decades to replace someone.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
"Every Federal Court"? Might be a bit of a stretch to say that and not that I want to defend it, but justices aren't replaced unless they retire or die (or are removed for some reason) so the POTUS at the time places the justices they want- while it shouldn't be, even this is political.

OTOH, if it were left to Congress, it would probably take decades to replace someone.
There were a TON of vacancies left open by Obama and yes Trump stacked EVERY SINGLE FEDERAL COURT except the veterans.

edit add: I have an immediate family member that was deeply involved in the process

highfigh

highfigh

There were a TON of vacancies left open by Obama and yes Trump stacked EVERY SINGLE FEDERAL COURT except the veterans.

edit add: I have an immediate family member that was deeply involved in the process
The question I would like to see answered- "Why did Obama not fill the seats?". Was it because he didn't want to be blamed for the choices? Was it the time line WRT his term in office? Did he think he would see too much resistance in Congress? I suspect it was at least two of the three.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The question I would like to see answered- "Why did Obama not fill the seats?". Was it because he didn't want to be blamed for the choices? Was it the time line WRT his term in office? Did he think he would see too much resistance in Congress? I suspect it was at least two of the three.
I can’t answer that but it was the result of several administrations failing to fill vacancies. Trump filled them all! It will take over 20 years to undo what Trump accomplished, it was and is his greatest victory

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Republican opposition is what I remember, they just wouldn't help, perhaps traded off somewhat for other things. Hard to know without being a fly on the wall sometimes....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Pro-life eh? This one was a non-viable pregnancy says this source.

Edit: I believe this case was where the Texas AG was gonna go after her had she gotten one outstate.

AG- put on firing line. Aim. Fire. :confused:

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Republican opposition is what I remember, they just wouldn't help, perhaps traded off somewhat for other things. Hard to know without being a fly on the wall sometimes....
That's one of the reasons I don't like (putting it mildly) politicians who dig their heels in and resist, based only on party affiliation.

I want money from lobbying to end but as they say, "We have the best government money can buy".

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Was it Abbott can't remember? Incest and rape were banned. We're taking every measure to fight crime and prevent rape. Good grief. :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

Was it Abbott can't remember? Incest and rape were banned. We're taking every measure to fight crime and prevent rape. Good grief. :rolleyes:
I think a few Governors agree with this.

It will need to happen to someone in their families for them to understand.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis