a Democrat Texan wants more gun control...........

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Maybe its time to address texting while driving and the amount of people killed or injured from those doing the texting and having an accident/
It's part of the problem- people don't want to be told that they can't do things, so they pick & choose the laws they'll obey.

I think it's time for an ignition lockout for phones that can only work for emergencies. Real emergencies, like calling 911 or the non-emergency Police number. Milwaukee PD started giving out Bluetooth transmitters so people could use hands free with their phones- not sure which brand/models, but they often sound like crap on the other end.

C

corneileous

Junior Audioholic
No, I mean the ones who puff out their chest and act like they're ten foot tall and bulletproof, just because they wear a big NRA buckle. The guys I mentioned- I wouldn't go to a range with them for any amount of money.
That’s what I thought you meant and yes, those idiots are a good reason of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
It's part of the problem- people don't want to be told that they can't do things, so they pick & choose the laws they'll obey.

I think it's time for an ignition lockout for phones that can only work for emergencies. Real emergencies, like calling 911 or the non-emergency Police number. Milwaukee PD started giving out Bluetooth transmitters so people could use hands free with their phones- not sure which brand/models, but they often sound like crap on the other end.
Agree. I see it every darn day driving. Someone pulls up by me texting and weaving on the road as they pass me. The GOVT if they want to save some lives needs to do something, but its just talk. I guess a HIGH RANKING member of Congress has to lose a family member before something gets real.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Agree. I see it every darn day driving. Someone pulls up by me texting and weaving on the road as they pass me. The GOVT if they want to save some lives needs to do something, but its just talk. I guess a HIGH RANKING member of Congress has to lose a family member before something gets real.
X2 !!!

highfigh

highfigh

When do I leave?

Yes, I'm kidding.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL cars/drivers literally get away with murder from the viewpoint of us cyclists generally, whether TWD or not. It's not really a deadly weapon, right?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
LOL cars/drivers literally get away with murder from the viewpoint of us cyclists generally, whether TWD or not. It's not really a deadly weapon, right?
In St Augustine which is right up the road from my home, 4 cyclist were hit this past week., By whom, tourist not paying attention. And its only a deadly weapon in the hands of the stupid and inattentive.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In St Augustine which is right up the road from my home, 4 cyclist were hit this past week., By whom, tourist not paying attention. And its only a deadly weapon in the hands of the stupid and inattentive.
Unfortunately we have lots of those....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
sadly here in Pennsyltucky as well, but given our horrible roads I can't imagine why any cyclist would take their chances riding here
Quality of the road can be overcome somewhat with correct wheel choice....but even good roads aren't a guarantee. Check this out from a former pro rider out for a ride trying to avoid traffic but it still came and f*cked with them in the form of a privileged old white guy in a hurry to play a dreadfully slow sport :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Quality of the road can be overcome somewhat with correct wheel choice....but even good roads aren't a guarantee. Check this out from a former pro rider out for a ride trying to avoid traffic but it still came and f*cked with them in the form of a privileged old white guy in a hurry to play a dreadfully slow sport :)
Guy was probably in a hurry to play golf with Trumpy ! :eek:

highfigh

highfigh

Guy was probably in a hurry to play golf with Trumpy ! :eek:
No self-respecting golfer would want to play with him.

Did you know that some country clubs cater to a more Liberal crowd? I did some AV work at a local club that's the Milwaukee equivalent of Bushwood CC.

highfigh

highfigh

I gave up riding on roads long ago but since the state/DNR have improved old RR track beds and expanded the mileage that can be used for biking/walking/boarding/etc, I only need to cross roads, not ride on them. The roads suck around here and it's much better to not need to dodge idiots in cars & trucks. Unfortunately, some bike riders are idiots, too- they ride 3-4 across and refuse to ride in a line, on the bike trails, either- won't even get out of the way for other bikers. At my size (I'm a bit of a Clydesdale), it would be foolish for most to play Chicken and when someone annoys or pisses me off by being stupid or arrogant, I'm not afraid to.

Could be a deadly weapon if someone drills a little kid or an old, frail person.

highfigh

highfigh

Shot count for the last weekend

- Chicago- 58 shot, 8 dead
- Portland- 6 year old killed, 13 hurt
- 3 injured in shooting outside of Washington Nationals ballpark during a game
- Philadelphia- more than 30 shooting victims as the city passes 300 homicides this year

C

corneileous

Junior Audioholic
Shot count for the last weekend

- Chicago- 58 shot, 8 dead
- Portland- 6 year old killed, 13 hurt
- 3 injured in shooting outside of Washington Nationals ballpark during a game
- Philadelphia- more than 30 shooting victims as the city passes 300 homicides this year
Them gun laws working well huh.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Them gun laws working well huh.

yeah right ! What cracks me up living outside Philly is when they do their 'gun buy back' program and the local media gets all excited over covering it. It's a joke, for if anyone with any gun knowledge what so ever saw the guns that get turned in(mostly Sat night special junk revolvers) they would quickly realize that the 'real guns' that are doing the damage are still out there !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis