a Democrat Texan wants more gun control...........

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
Are you seriously afraid the Democrats are going to take your guns off of you?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
while I haven't owned them as long as you(55 plus years), I don't expect them to come knocking at my door for them I certainly don't trust many of them.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with another posted. I'm 68 here, and I've owned guns for a long long time and so far, my guns have never shot anyone on their own . And NOPE not worried about it.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I am amazed at how many people really believe that somehow Democrats are going to take their guns away. BTW I don’t think many gun owners really believe it....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Makes for great media fodder, tho. The guys who worry the most are to my mind the ones they need to be taken away from....or limited access to....or something.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I am amazed at how many people really believe that somehow Democrats are going to take their guns away. BTW I don’t think many gun owners really believe it....
Yes it's amazing what the internet will do, breed fear ! Regardless, when the Dems are in control firearm / ammunition sales skyrocket.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Has anyone seen HR-5717? It adds 30% tax on guns and 50% tax on ammunition.

If they won't ban guns, they can make using them too expensive. If they want people to have firearm training, this isn't going to work.

Why don't they try to deal with the real problem of peoples' behavior. People are stooping to new lows every damn day.

Here are some good examples-

Here's the most recent homicide info for Milwaukee- 15 so far this year, up from 6 at this time last year and last year ended with more than double the total in 2019 but COVID hadn't become the problem it is now by this date and we hadn't been told to stay at home.

highfigh

highfigh

Makes for great media fodder, tho. The guys who worry the most are to my mind the ones they need to be taken away from....or limited access to....or something.
How would that be implemented?

It must be nice to live in a place where people aren't so suspicious of the government and where people leave others alone.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
For sure, the Dems have tried many of the 'backdoor' tactics in the past and will continue to do so. One has to look no further than what the idiot Gov here in Pa has done and is now proposing ! tax baby tax !

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
while I haven't owned them as long as you(55 plus years), I don't expect them to come knocking at my door for them I certainly don't trust many of them.
well that's kind of counter intuitive ,, on one hand you realize they aren't trying to "take your guns away" and there never has been a movement to take guns away from law abiding people, although the gun industry(nra) screams it at the top of their lungs every election cycle to boost sales..on the other , although *there never has been a movement to do so* you don't trust them...pick a lane...

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Has anyone seen HR-5717? It adds 30% tax on guns and 50% tax on ammunition.

If they won't ban guns, they can make using them too expensive. If they want people to have firearm training, this isn't going to work.

Why don't they try to deal with the real problem of peoples' behavior. People are stooping to new lows every damn day.

Here are some good examples-

Here's the most recent homicide info for Milwaukee- 15 so far this year, up from 6 at this time last year and last year ended with more than double the total in 2019 but COVID hadn't become the problem it is now by this date and we hadn't been told to stay at home.

what you have to ask yourself: does hr 5717 have any chance to pass as presently written, or is it just sitting there waiting to die while the nra uses it as campaign fodder??

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought my first pistol, a Glock 45, just a couple of weeks ago. I grew up around, and have shot plenty of different firearms but never owned a pistol before.

And yes, to be honest I got it right after Biden officially won the election thinking if I'm ever gonna to get one I'd better do it now while we still can.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
well that's kind of counter intuitive ,, on one hand you realize they aren't trying to "take your guns away" and there never has been a movement to take guns away from law abiding people, although the gun industry(nra) screams it at the top of their lungs every election cycle to boost sales..on the other , although *there never has been a movement to do so* you don't trust them...pick a lane...
are you a responsible gun owner ?

Are the masses trying to take guns away ? to that I think(hope) not, but unless you live under a rock don't think for one minute there are those that given the chance would do it in a NY minute !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
what you have to ask yourself: does hr 5717 have any chance to pass as presently written, or is it just sitting there waiting to die while the nra uses it as campaign fodder??
so what you have to ask yourself then why was this Dem from Texas wasting her /our time proposing such ?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I bought my first pistol, a Glock 45, just a couple of weeks ago. I grew up around, and have shot plenty of different firearms but never owned a pistol before.

And yes, to be honest I got it right after Biden officially won the election thinking if I'm ever gonna to get one I'd better do it now while we still can.
I did the same when the riots over the summer we’re in full swing. I’ve got my father’s 357 magnum and 44 magnum revolvers but one can’t really CC those cannons (perfect for home defense though!) so I bought a S&W 9mm with integrated laser (more fun to “paint” your target). I was seriously thinking about purchasing some more hand guns and a long rifle “just because”.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
are you a responsible gun owner ?

Are the masses trying to take guns away ? to that I think(hope) not, but unless you live under a rock don't think for one minute there are those that given the chance would do it in a NY minute !
Beto says “Hell yes!”

highfigh

highfigh

The chance of it passing depends on how motivated they are, to make it stop AND collect taxes to solve a problem that has no solution if they try to do it their way. They do all kinds of studies, but don't get it.

I don't like the NRA as it has been operating, but I think they have done good things in the past. I think we need some deep pockets to make sure we aren't bulldozed by the government, but not if they continue their current sabre-rattling tactics.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis