96in 2.35:1 screen worth it?

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
Silver ticket and Elite are the right companies for a solid white screen. Supply chains from China are in bad shape these days. Keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist as well as calling them. Some resellers might also have stock if you have the patience to call around more.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Silver ticket and Elite are the right companies for a solid white screen. Supply chains from China are in bad shape these days. Keep an eye on eBay and Craigslist as well as calling them. Some resellers might also have stock if you have the patience to call around more.
I’m going to give elite and silver ticket a call as soon as I get some dam time. My work schedule is terrible with working nights. I don’t get to spend nearly as much time in my basement as I’d like because of my schedule

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Silver Ticket is quite unlikely to have a specific size that isn't standard. Some companies do offer custom sizes and don't charge more for them, but they will cost more from the start. So, looking at Seymour AV, they will custom make any size you want. But, the price will already be a lot more than Silver Ticket or Elite. So, there's a tradeoff there. I wouldn't say I've seen a huge difference from one white screen to another. Minimal differences, yet, but not major ones. So, shopping on price is just fine for standard white screens.

You MAY want to consider if they offer a narrow frame option. This may gain you a few more inches of screen size.

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
And I suppose it's worth noting that most places will send you samples for free or cheap so you can feel confident in your selection before buying the screen.

M

modojojo

Audiophyte
They're right, I have a custom made Screen Innovations motorized screen and the cost was more than the actual projector. Reckel are you doing the install yourself or will you go with installers?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
They're right, I have a custom made Screen Innovations motorized screen and the cost was more than the actual projector. Reckel are you doing the install yourself or will you go with installers?
I was planning on doing it myself. I don’t have an outlet in my ceiling for the projector but I have a couple buddies that can do that

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I forgot to mention, the projector needs to be centered on the screen when it gets mounted to my ceiling correct? I have a drop ceiling but where I’d mount the projector dead center, the metal grid piece of the ceiling runs right down the middle. Is it ok to be mounted couple inches to left or right?

M

modojojo

Audiophyte
It can be a little off centered . The epson has lens shift as well as lens memory.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It can be a little off centered . The epson has lens shift as well as lens memory.
These are a must in this situation.

I have a DLP PJ that I love, but it can go in exactly ONE place with almost no room for error in my room. I could put it a bit closer to the screen, but I still don't have any shift at all so I better be good at taking measurements and mounting things properly. Luckily it all worked out.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I forgot to ask, how is the motion handling? Can you completely shut it off so you don’t have soap opera effect or is there sliders so you can control it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis