T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I want an OLED but I will be just over 10’ from the TV so a minimum of 77” would be best which puts an OLED over what I should spend at this time. The LG at $1,549 from Costco checks all the boxes, HDMI 2.1’ish, HDR10, full array backlit with 50 local dimming zones etc...

Anyone want to talk me off the edge before I pull the triggger? I know blacks won’t be perfect but they should be good enough for most people. Anything else I’m missing?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
The Nano 9 series is supposed to be very good and a sleeper of a TV in quality. I say it's a good move. Have you checked out the TCL 75R635? Oh wait are you buying specifically at Costco for the extra warranty? Then I think the LG is a good bet.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
The Nano 9 series is supposed to be very good and a sleeper of a TV in quality. I say it's a good move. Have you checked out the TCL 75R635? Oh wait are you buying specifically at Costco for the extra warranty? Then I think the LG is a good bet.

I’m open to other stores but I think the TCL doesn’t have hdmi 2.1

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
My son has the 55" version, and the picture just blows the doors off my 2015-vintage Vizio LCD M-series thing. But I'm not enough of a video watcher to make the move, and my wife isn't complaining, so I'm waiting. The LG is close enough to a Panasonic plasma display that if you need the brightness you might actually prefer the LG.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were getting an OLED LG. I'd save and wait, if you have to.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I’m open to other stores but I think the TCL doesn’t have hdmi 2.1
Ah 2.1 is a must then no on TCL. I think you are making a good choice then. That series is supposed to be very good.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Ordered the 75 Nano 91 for $1,549 including a 3 year warranty. I’ll report back once it’s setup and I get a chance to spend a little time with it. The deal looks too good to be true, I hope it is.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered the 75 Nano 91 for $1,549 including a 3 year warranty. I’ll report back once it’s setup and I get a chance to spend a little time with it. The deal looks too good to be true, I hope it is.
I think it's a great choice, good luck. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis