5 Best Powered Subwoofers Under $500 for 2020

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Thanks a lot! I was worried I could not implement it cause I cannot run my mains full range. Are the PB1000 pros worth it at $927? Is a used pb13 ultra a good buy at $1400? Are subwoofers safe to buy used? I have bought passive speakers used and never had any problems but I worry about active.
I don't know if the PB-1000 Pros are worth it for that much, it is relative to what you have available to you. They are good subs for sure. A used PB13 might be good if it has the Sledge amp, I would be leery about it if it has the older analog amps.

T

theshade

Audioholic Intern
I don't know if the PB-1000 Pros are worth it for that much, it is relative to what you have available to you. They are good subs for sure. A used PB13 might be good if it has the Sledge amp, I would be leery about it if it has the older analog amps.
Thanks! Only the polks are relatively competitive in price in my country. I will look whether the amp is sledge. Thanks

E

EMBP

Audiophyte
It might sound like a joke fore some, but the Klipsch R-12sw which in paper are the same as the R-120sw. The R-12sw is just $240 at Klipsch, but Costco have then on sale sometimes down to $140. I have two, and they do rattle my living room just a 1/4 of gain, and the receiver auto eq set them to -15db (I set them -10 to -5 depending of the movie). I would love to see a frequency response and spl test on them.

Note: the room is about 500sq ft and open to another 400sq ft space which then has a open door frame and a large window size opening to the open concept kitchen. (not closed family room and lots of windows).

thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Personally I wouldn't put the Klipsch subs (at least the models you mention) in the same league as the SVS....

M

moodysj33

Audiophyte
It might sound like a joke fore some, but the Klipsch R-12sw which in paper are the same as the R-120sw. The R-12sw is just $240 at Klipsch, but Costco have then on sale sometimes down to $140. I have two, and they do rattle my living room just a 1/4 of gain, and the receiver auto eq set them to -15db (I set them -10 to -5 depending of the movie). I would love to see a frequency response and spl test on them.

Note: the room is about 500sq ft and open to another 400sq ft space which then has a open door frame and a large window size opening to the open concept kitchen. (not closed family room and lots of windows).

thanks.
I recently bought the SPL-150 and got it for just slightly over the $500 limit, but it does 18 Hz. I also have the RW-12D and run both. The 150 is a very capable sub and at the $579 price point is very tough to beat.

Another great mention is the BIC PL-300. It looks good on paper and can be had for under $500 on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis