4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I love “Love and Monsters”. I definitely look forward to the 4K Atmos BluRay when it comes out.

I saw the 4K DDP version using DTS NeuralX.

PQ: The video image looks great. I don’t have the tech. info on cameras, but I can tell this movie was captured using probably a 4K-8K digital camera.

SQ: I saw it in DDP w/ NeuralX. The SQ is fantastic w/ NeuralX - a lot of good bass and overhead and all-around 360-effects. I think the Atmos BD will be even better.

Plot: I like it a lot. Nothing complex. But very enjoyable for me. It’s one of those movies I could watch every year. It’s very watchable.
Awesome! I will try and check that out as well. I’m really looking forward to Mank on Netflix. David Fincher directed it. He’s one of my all time favorites. I believe I read it was shot with an 8k camera.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Awesome! I will try and check that out as well. I’m really looking forward to Mank on Netflix. David Fincher directed it. He’s one of my all time favorites. I believe I read it was shot with an 8k camera.
Yeah, you're right.

"Mank" was shot using the 8K Red Ranger Helium digital camera.

Not only that, but where most 4-8K movies are Mastered in 4K, "Mank" is mastered in 6K. :D

I have not seen a movie Mastered in 6K until now. :D

Maybe one day, they will Master a movie in 8K. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dredd 2012 4K Atmos

PQ: Very colorful and good as expected; this movie was shot using the 4.5K Red One MX digital camera.

SQ: Excellent sound. Bass is extremely solid. All speakers are very active. The Atmos ceiling speakers are extremely active. Definitely among the best. I consider this movie as Atmos Reference Standard.

This is a movie I would re-watch every year. Very cool to me. Lots of action, great PQ, awesome Atmos sound effects.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Dredd 2012 4K Atmos

PQ: Very colorful and good as expected; this movie was shot using the 4.5K Red One MX digital camera.

SQ: Excellent sound. Bass is very solid. All speakers are very active. The Atmos ceiling speakers are extremely active. Definitely among the best. I consider this movie as Atmos Reference Standard.

This is a movie I would re-watch every year. Very cool to me. Lots of action, great PQ, awesome Atmos sound effects.
Dredd is very awesome. Wish they would work on a sequel.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Warner Media announced that WW1984 will be in 4K with Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos when it goes on HBOMax on Dec. 25th. Must have Apple, Google or Amazon 4K device. Roku and HBOMax still haven’t agreed on anything and you won’t be able to stream in 4K on Xbox or PlayStation.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Warner Media announced that WW1984 will be in 4K with Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos when it goes on HBOMax on Dec. 25th. Must have Apple, Google or Amazon 4K device. Roku and HBOMax still haven’t agreed on anything and you won’t be able to stream in 4K on Xbox or PlayStation.
Unfortunately, the producers/director felt like it was necessary to shoot the entire movie with Analog film, mostly 35mm analog film, instead of 8K or at least 4K Digital cameras that are now being used to shoot many movies and even TV shows.

Still should look great. But just saying. :D

But I am glad it is being released on both VOD and Theaters.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Unfortunately, the producers/director felt like it was necessary to shoot the entire movie with Analog film, mostly 35mm analog film, instead of 8K or at least 4K Digital cameras that are now being used to shoot many movies and even TV shows.

Still should look great. But just saying. :D

But I am glad it is being released on both VOD and Theaters.
Dang, didn’t know it was still shot in 35mm. What year is it??!! Haha. For a movie like that I would’ve assumed at least 4K cameras for shooting.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Dang, didn’t know it was still shot in 35mm. What year is it??!! Haha. For a movie like that I would’ve assumed at least 4K cameras for shooting.
Right? I guess they want it to look like 1984 or something? :eek:

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Right? I guess they want it to look like 1984 or something? :eek:
WB will be releasing their entire 2021 movie lineup on HBOMax. They will release it in theaters and HBOMax at the same time. Movies include Dune, Matrix 4, Kong vs Godzilla and many more. Wait for more studios to follow.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
WB will be releasing their entire 2021 movie lineup on HBOMax. They will release it in theaters and HBOMax at the same time. Movies include Dune, Matrix 4, Kong vs Godzilla and many more. Wait for more studios to follow.
Wow. That's awesome.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am re-watching The Hobbit Trilogy in 4K Dolby Atmos. All 3 movies were shot with the 5K Red Epic Dragon digital cameras.

I haven't finished. Just wanted to give my initial impressions.

PQ is awesome, as expected.

SQ Atmos seems pretty awesome too with Smaug the dragon flying over the city.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I am re-watching The Hobbit Trilogy in 4K Dolby Atmos. All 3 movies were shot with the 5K Red Epic Dragon digital cameras.

I haven't finished. Just wanted to give my initial impressions.

PQ is awesome, as expected.

SQ Atmos seems pretty awesome too with Smaug the dragon flying over the city.
A0ED65C3-8542-41B5-A99B-9E4078F5D0AA.gif

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice!! chillout bro! I know you been really busy at the Hospital. :)
Yeah. Record number of Covid patients admitted to hospital. Hopefully these 2 new USA vaccines will end this Covid pandemic

No walking dead, Mike, no walking dead! Don’t go there! :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah. Record number of Covid patients admitted to hospital. Hopefully these 2 new USA vaccines will end this Covid pandemic

No walking dead, Mike, no walking dead! Don’t go there! :D
Lolo, just in case Andrew Don't take any chances. I started watching TWD again from season 1 and that's where them walking dead started at. I believe on the first season that it went viral from some dead flowers.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Watched Tenet last night. What an amazing movie. Another Nolan classic. Will rewatch very soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis