4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nice! I need to find a big lot to build a home on. 2-6 acres preferably. How are the winter months? Any place that stays above 30 in Jan and Feb. are a win in my book. Been in WI/MN my whole life and am sick of these dumb winters. Only thing that keeps me here are the high paying jobs.
Definitely a lot lands in OK. My house is on 1.33 acres. Some of my neighbors bought 3 lots, so they're on 4 acre lands with a lot of trees. :D

I think winters are decent. We have about 1 ice storm per year usually in Jan or Feb. But for the most parts, temps seem to be above 30F most of the time, especially during the day time. Nights may dip below 30F.

Developed lands (ready to build) in Mustang/Yukon are like $75K/acre, but in Edmond and Norman, they're like $300K/acre just 24 minutes away. So most people in Edmond and Norman usually have lots that are $150K/0.5 acre or $125K/0.33 acre, not 1.0 acre and not 2.0 acres. :D

When I bought my lot 3 years ago, I could have bought 2 lots side-by-side to make 2.6 acres for $140K.

Of course, in OK, everyone has an underground tornado shelter, which usually costs $3K to $5K.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yep. Every year. The movie “Twister” was set in Oklahoma.

I can’t recall a year where we didn’t have some kind of tornado warning.
Which is alright. All you need are some leather straps, tied to a pole and you'll be fine. Even if an F5 strikes! haha!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Got an update on the new 2020 Yamaha models from my Yamaha Rep. Supposed to be available this year in Oct/Nov.
Nice! thanks Sir!!! Just ran across Yamahas new V line also has the new look also.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Tenet will be released on Dec. 15th on digital and physical. I think you can purchase it digital for $20. Physical releases will be $45 for 4k, $36 for Blu Ray and $29 for DVD. This is a very expensive release! Guess WB really wants to make up the loss for the theatrical release.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Tenet will be released on Dec. 15th on digital and physical. I think you can purchase it digital for $20. Physical releases will be $45 for 4k, $36 for Blu Ray and $29 for DVD. This is a very expensive release! Guess WB really wants to make up the loss for the theatrical release.
Oh, I am there! :D

Gotta have anything from Christopher Nolan!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of movies shot on high-rez, anyone seen "Portrait of a Lady on Fire"?

I think the story/plot is great. Acting is great. Pretty much everything is great. :D

This move was shot using the 7K Red Weapon Monstro digital camera and mastered in 4K digital. I've seen the 2K version and it looks awesome. Sound is great too, but not an action movie, so just general great sound and music score.

So I hope this movie will be released on 4K Atmos BluRay. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Speaking of movies shot on high-rez, anyone seen "Portrait of a Lady on Fire"?

I think the story/plot is great. Acting is great. Pretty much everything is great. :D

This move was shot using the 7K Red Weapon Monstro digital camera and mastered in 4K digital. I've seen the 2K version and it looks awesome. Sound is great too, but not an action movie, so just general great sound and music score.

So I hope this movie will be released on 4K Atmos BluRay. :D
Saw the trailer for that awhile back. Haven't watched it.

Will be watching the newly released 4k version of V for Vendetta tonight.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw the trailer for that awhile back. Haven't watched it.

Will be watching the newly released 4k version of V for Vendetta tonight.
I started watching "V for Vendetta" 4K-Atmos last night. About 10 minutes into it.

Vendetta was shot using 35mm analog film and now remastered in 4K digital.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I started watching "V for Vendetta" 4K-Atmos last night. About 10 minutes into it.

Vendetta was shot using 35mm analog film and now remastered in 4K digital.
This is not official but WW1984 might drop on digital on Dec. 25th. If that has been put to rest let us know. Right now WB has not moved the movie from it's theatrical release date. Some say it will be moved again to next summer.

I hope they release it on PVOD and let people pay to watch it. They can also put it in theaters over seas where theaters might be open. But to have a big time movie during the holidays when people will be at home. That's a win win in my book.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is not official but WW1984 might drop on digital on Dec. 25th. If that has been put to rest let us know. Right now WB has not moved the movie from it's theatrical release date. Some say it will be moved again to next summer.

I hope they release it on PVOD and let people pay to watch it. They can also put it in theaters over seas where theaters might be open. But to have a big time movie during the holidays when people will be at home. That's a win win in my book.
I don't think WW1984 will go to digital streaming just yet. It might be a few weeks after the Dec 25 theatrical release.

AFAIK, theatrical release first on Dec 25 to make some money, then probably a month later, it will go to digital release for more money. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I don't think WW1984 will go to digital streaming just yet. It might be a few weeks after the Dec 25 theatrical release.

AFAIK, theatrical release first on Dec 25 to make some money, then probably a month later, it will go to digital release for more money. :D
AFAIK?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ah. You kids and your abbreviations! Back in my day we used to just say the full thing! :p
I actually learned a few abbreviations from being here on AH. A few years ago, I had to ask the same question you asked. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched "The New Mutants" 4K Atmos. This movie was shot using the 8K Panavision DLX2 digital camera.

PQ is excellent. No surprise.

SQ is also good. The Bass in the beginning of the movie is INSANE. Get your subs ready for a workout here. Just crazy intense bass. :D

However, the Atmos overhead effects are underwhelming. I don't recall a scene where I was really impressed with the overhead Atmos effects. Maybe one scene with the storm overhead. But not much.

The plot is okay. Kind of a slow movie until toward the end. Not horrid, not great, just okay.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I watched "The New Mutants" 4K Atmos. This movie was shot using the 8K Panavision DLX2 digital camera.

PQ is excellent. No surprise.

SQ is also good. The Bass in the beginning of the movie is INSANE. Get your subs ready for a workout here. Just crazy intense bass. :D

However, the Atmos overhead effects are underwhelming. I don't recall a scene where I was really impressed with the overhead Atmos effects. Maybe one scene with the storm overhead. But not much.

The plot is okay. Kind of a slow movie until toward the end. Not horrid, not great, just okay.
I will try and check this out. How’s that Love and Monsters movie?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I will try and check this out. How’s that Love and Monsters movie?
I love “Love and Monsters”. I definitely look forward to the 4K Atmos BluRay when it comes out.

I saw the 4K DDP version using DTS NeuralX.

PQ: The video image looks great. I don’t have the tech. info on cameras, but I can tell this movie was captured using probably a 4K-8K digital camera.

SQ: I saw it in DDP w/ NeuralX. The SQ is fantastic w/ NeuralX - a lot of good bass and overhead and all-around 360-effects. I think the Atmos BD will be even better.

Plot: I like it a lot. Nothing complex. But very enjoyable for me. It’s one of those movies I could watch every year. It’s very watchable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis