4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You're in luck! M. Night wrote it! haha! M. Night has written almost all the movies he's directed. So much hate going towards M. Night. haha. what did he do to you??? :p
That's what he CLAIMS. For sure, he wrote MOST of the movies. It's easy to know which movies he wrote - all the ones that are stupid. :D

I started out liking him because I thought maybe he was good. Then I started doing face-palms all the time while watching his movies and screaming out loud at his movies, "ARE YOU KIDDING? ARE YOU STUPID?" :D

It's like back in school when teachers were trying to figure out which students cheated. It's real simple. When dumb people all of the sudden make A's. And then go back to making D's and F's. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is that what passes for open mindedness in the state selling Big Foot hunting licenses? :D
He's gotten way too many chances and passes from me and everyone - a lot more than he deserves. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
He's gotten way too many chances and passes from me and everyone - a lot more than he deserves. :D
I got all excited after watching Split because it was actually good. Then he got back to his true form with Glass. That was not a good movie. Even the acting seemed intentionally bad. Just like in The Happening. I thought halfway through that Mark Wahlberg must have not realized what he signed up for and was just confused the entire time.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I got all excited after watching Split because it was actually good. Then he got back to his true form with Glass. That was not a good movie. Even the acting seemed intentionally bad. Just like in The Happening. I thought halfway through that Mark Wahlberg must have not realized what he signed up for and was just confused the entire time.
I saw The Happening in theaters. My jaw dropped when Wahlberg would speak. The script was so flipping bad. I thought it was a joke. Like a literal joke. That he signed up for a comedy and we were seeing a comedy. After it was over, my brain was so confused at what it just saw. Hahaha. I believe Wahlberg has stated that he regrets doing that film and that he just did it for the money.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What I'm talking about. So inconsistent like those cheaters in school. Making D's and F's and then make a B? No way. He's cheating. :D

Okay, now how did we go from talking about movies shot using 4K-8K Digital Cameras to this Night guy with his analog 35 mm films that are so horrible? :eek:

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Split is a great movie so I can forgive the 2 hours of boredom that is titled “the Last Airbender”…. LOL :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Split is a great movie so I can forgive the 2 hours of boredom that is titled “the Last Airbender”…. LOL :)
Maybe this guy has a SPLIT personality. :D

That would explain all the terrible horrible movies and then some decent ones. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
What I'm talking about. So inconsistent like those cheaters in school. Making D's and F's and then make a B? No way. He's cheating. :D

Okay, now how did we go from talking about movies shot using 4K-8K Digital Cameras to this Night guy with his analog 35 mm films that are so horrible? :eek:
Criterion is entering the 4k market. Which is awesome! first release is going to be Citizen Kane! such an amazing movie.

I know this isn't "new" news, but Halloween 1-5 are being released on 4k this Oct. Hunt for Red October is coming to 4k. Paramount Pictures is releasing another 4k set which includes Social Network. I can't wait to see that on 4k. You know it's going to be crispy clean.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Criterion is entering the 4k market. Which is awesome! first release is going to be Citizen Kane! such an amazing movie.

I know this isn't "new" news, but Halloween 1-5 are being released on 4k this Oct. Hunt for Red October is coming to 4k. Paramount Pictures is releasing another 4k set which includes Social Network. I can't wait to see that on 4k. You know it's going to be crispy clean.
Yeah I think the Criterion 4K will look better than the 2K BD version. But it will still be from those old analog films. So even after they “clean” them, it will never look as good as those movies shot on even 2K digital like TRON Legacy and Avatar.

So I am glad masterpiece movies like Shawshank Redemption and Godfather 1 & 2 will get 4K. But I would be even more glad when I get TRON Legacy and Avatar on 4K. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah I think the Criterion 4K will look better than the 2K BD version. But it will still be from those old analog films. So even after they “clean” them, it will never look as good as those movies shot on even 2K digital like TRON Legacy and Avatar.

So I am glad masterpiece movies like Shawshank Redemption and Godfather 1 & 2 will get 4K. But I would be even more glad when I get TRON Legacy and Avatar on 4K. :D
I love the old films getting the 4K treatment. They look so darn good! Well most of them if they’re done right. I also look for sound upgrades. If you’re going to do a 4K treatment, do it all. Picture and sound.

I can’t wait for Tron Legacy on 4K. Great movie and soundtrack. I’m sure 4K version of Avatar will drop right before the next 10 sequels come out. Cameron needs to get The Abyss and True Lies out. Both excellent movies.

Also, this fall Heat is coming to 4K. I’m looking forward to that a lot. If the Atmos is done right, could be a demo worthy disc.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Snake Eyes 2021 - Streaming in 4K Atmos today (only 25 days after theater release, instead of 45 days). Shot in 3.4K Digital camera. Not 8K digital cameras, but at least not on analog films. :D

Will be watching later. :D
OMG. I think M Night must have written and directed “Snake Eyes” too. :D

This is one of the worst movies I’ve seen along with WW84. :D

Complete utter crap.

The Picture Quality looked awesome. That’s the only good thing about this movie.

But definitely don’t spend any money on this load of crap.

Another imbecile director and writer. Jeez.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I love the old films getting the 4K treatment. They look so darn good! Well most of them if they’re done right. I also look for sound upgrades. If you’re going to do a 4K treatment, do it all. Picture and sound.

I can’t wait for Tron Legacy on 4K. Great movie and soundtrack. I’m sure 4K version of Avatar will drop right before the next 10 sequels come out. Cameron needs to get The Abyss and True Lies out. Both excellent movies.

Also, this fall Heat is coming to 4K. I’m looking forward to that a lot. If the Atmos is done right, could be a demo worthy disc.
I've been waiting for The Abyss and True Lies to come out in HD for years.I just saw on Amazon that there's a Spanish BD of True Lies with English audio and subtitle options.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I've been waiting for The Abyss and True Lies to come out in HD for years.I just saw on Amazon that there's a Spanish BD of True Lies with English audio and subtitle options.
Didn't True Lies come out on laser disc or something crazy like that?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis