4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You're in luck, Godfather is on the list of 4k's in the near future. I hope they do a trilogy set. Gravity was supposed to be coming out this year, but last week they said they have postponed it. Guess the director wasn't a fan of the HDR transfer. So, have no idea when that will get back on track.
Can't blame the director. I don't care for HDR either. But just gimme 4K SDR Atmos then. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Will be checking out “The Suicide Squad 2021” which was shot using the RED Ranger/Red Weapon 8K Digital Cameras. So picture quality should be excellent. Hopefully the sound quality and plot will be great too. :D
Well, I really liked The Suicide Squad 2021. I thought the story had some funny moments, but it was overall serious and mature. And I thought the writing was good, which I cannot say for most comic book movies.

I think this movie is the best DC comic movie to date. And probably the best movie I’ve seen this year. Like 1000% better than WW84. No. Sorry that’s wrong. More like 2000% better than WW84. :D

The Suicide Squad 2021: 8 out of 10.
WW84: 1 out of 10.

I would rewatch TSS-2021 again for sure.

Oh, PQ was great. No surprise since it was shot using 8K digital cameras.

SQ: I had to increase the volume about +5dB. Probably need about +6dB volume increase. Nothing to brag about for Atmos. Sounded good overall, not stupid sounding like “Tenet”.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well, I really liked The Suicide Squad 2021. I thought the story had some funny moments, but it was overall serious and mature. And I thought the writing was good, which I cannot say for most comic book movies.

I think this movie is the best DC comic movie to date. And probably the best movie I’ve seen this year. Like 1000% better than WW84. No. Sorry that’s wrong. More like 2000% better than WW84. :D

SQ: I had to increase the volume about +5dB. Probably need about +6dB volume increase. Nothing to brag about for Atmos. Sounded good overall, not stupid sounding like “Tenet”.
WW84 wasn't a good movie. It almost seemed like they forgot something. Weird considering how good the first WW movie was.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

I agree with your rating for Suicide Squad. I gave it a 8/10 as well. Though I won't call it the best DC movie. Nolan's Batman trilogy, Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman are my top DC movies.

Everything is better than WW84. What a pile of garbage that was. No worries DC fans, Patty Jenkins the director has been hired by Disney to make more Star Wars stuff! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I agree with your rating for Suicide Squad. I gave it a 8/10 as well. Though I won't call it the best DC movie. Nolan's Batman trilogy, Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman are my top DC movies.

Everything is better than WW84. What a pile of garbage that was. No worries DC fans, Patty Jenkins the director has been hired by Disney to make more Star Wars stuff! :D
Oh, I think The Dark Knight trilogy is the best comic book series of all times. I forgot that it is a DC Comic series. :D

I had some major complaints about Man of Steel - the part where Jonathan Kent told Clark not to save him and the part where Clark would agree to that crap. I mean Clark is so fast, nobody would even see him save his dad, especially in the middle of the damn tornado for crying out loud. :eek:

The Lex Luther character also annoyed me.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Oh, I think The Dark Knight trilogy is the best comic book series of all times. I forgot that it is a DC Comic series. :D

I had some major complaints about Man of Steel - the part where Jonathan Kent told Clark not to save him and the part where Clark would agree to that crap. I mean Clark is so fast, nobody would even see him save his dad, especially in the middle of the damn tornado for crying out loud. :eek:

The Lex Luther character also annoyed me.
I get what you're saying about the scene. But if he would've used his speed to bring him over, people would've noticed a human showing up in a split second when he wasn't there before. Plus a normal non super power human probably wouldn't survive warp speed movement. I mean I suppose he could've gone out there and just protected him in the middle of the massive Cat5 tornado, but then people would still question. I mean, if they would've just tied a rope around an iron pole in the ground, they could've just hung out inside the Cat5 tornado like they did in Twister. :p

Haha, yes that version of Lex Luther annoys me. I just enjoy the grand scale of it all. The 4k edition is pretty damn good.

Aquaman was a good movie. Has it's issues, but overall it's entertaining. I feel the same with the first WW. Everybody went gaga for it. I just thought it was entertaining. It wasn't terrible like WW84, but it wasn't jaw dropping amazing either.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Snake Eyes 2021 - Streaming in 4K Atmos today (only 25 days after theater release, instead of 45 days). Shot in 3.4K Digital camera. Not 8K digital cameras, but at least not on analog films. :D

Will be watching later. :D

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Snake Eyes 2021 - Streaming in 4K Atmos today (25 days after theater release). Shot in 3.4K digital camera. Not 8K digital cameras, but at least not on analog films. :D

Will be watching later. :D
Streaming for free?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Streaming for free?
Not free. I think it's $20. It will stream on Paramount Plus On-Demand. Also Amazon Prime Video purchase.

So they want to make money at the box office plus make money from on-demand at home.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Not free. I think it's $20. It will stream on Paramount Plus On-Demand. Also Amazon Prime Video purchase.

So they want to make money at the box office plus make money from on-demand at home.
Ah. I will be skipping the pay to watch for this one. Wait until it's free on something.

Did anyone see that Old movie?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ah. I will be skipping the pay to watch for this one. Wait until it's free on something.

Did anyone see that Old movie?
I hate that M. Night guy's movies. I think he's an imbecile. So I didn't watch his latest "Old" movie. I heard it was utter crap. No surprise from me. :D

Also, "Old" was shot using the old analog 35 mm films. Figures.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I hate that M. Night guy's movies. I think he's an imbecile. So I didn't watch his latest "Old" movie. I heard it was utter crap. No surprise from me. :D
For real?? haha! I mean, yeah majority of his movies are not that good, but Sixth Sense is downright amazing, Unbreakable was awesome and Signs was really good. I think he started slipping when The Village came out. I'd say 85% of that movie was great and then the reveal happened and it all went down hill. Then anything after The Village was sub par to absolutely horrible. How on earth did The Happening get approved?? "So air makes people go crazy and kill themselves! Perfect! here is $100 million, lets make this happen!!" Hahaha Would you really green light that??? :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For real?? haha! I mean, yeah majority of his movies are not that good, but Sixth Sense is downright amazing, Unbreakable was awesome and Signs was really good. I think he started slipping when The Village came out. I'd say 85% of that movie was great and then the reveal happened and it all went down hill. Then anything after The Village was sub par to absolutely horrible. How on earth did The Happening get approved?? "So air makes people go crazy and kill themselves! Perfect! here is $100 million, lets make this happen!!" Hahaha Would you really green light that??? :D
I think the only way his movies can ever be good is if he COPIED the idea from someone else, especially if he has someone else WRITE for him.

If this guy writes his own stories and then makes the movies, they will be horrible for sure.

I have tried to like his movies, but I have given up a long long time ago.

I will not even watch 1 minute of his movies unless they get great reviews, which never happens. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think the only way his movies can ever be good is if he COPIED the idea from someone else, especially if he has someone else WRITE for him.

If this guy writes his own stories and then makes the movies, they will be horrible for sure.

I have tried to like his movies, but I have given up a long long time ago.

I will not even watch 1 minute of his movies unless they get great reviews, which never happens. :D
If you just go into "The Happening" as a comedy then you might like it.

That's the thing about a lot of "horror" films. They are just so bad they become a gory joke.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you just go into "The Happening" as a comedy then you might like it.

That's the thing about a lot of "horror" films. They are just so bad they become a gory joke.
Well, I hate like 99% of comedies. :D

I mean FUNNY is one thing, which is usually good.

But STUPID is another thing. There is a thing call common sense, and this guy doesn't have it. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I think I saw that movie. I don't recall hating that movie. So it must be okay. Which means he probably copied that movie from somebody or somebody wrote it for him. :D
You're in luck! M. Night wrote it! haha! M. Night has written almost all the movies he's directed. So much hate going towards M. Night. haha. what did he do to you??? :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis