Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Bacon and Eggs are actually okay to eat on diet in moderation.
Yeah, I know. In Texas they are vitamins B&E. :D

I remembered that I still had tuna in the house and had that with some walnuts, an apple, a little cole slaw and a tbls of honey in my tea.

I figure that's 26g of protein, >36g of carbs and >6g of fat.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I know. In Texas they are vitamins B&E. :D

I remembered that I still had tuna in the house and had that with some walnuts, an apple, a little cole slaw and a tbls of honey in my tea.

I figure that's 26g of protein, >36g of carbs and >6g of fat.
Do you know what vitamin c in Texas is?

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
That reminds me...

There are hundreds of thousands of battered women in the US and I've only eaten the plain ones...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Is your bathroom scale accurate to a tenth of a pound? And if it actually is that accurate, did you pee before or after weighing in?
I don't know if it's that accurate but it is consistent and I weigh myself before and after peeing. I use the low number. I've been good all day today and am hoping for another record low tomorrow.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know if it's that accurate but it is consistent and I weigh myself before and after peeing. I use the low number. I've been good all day today and am hoping for another record low tomorrow.
It's great you're continuing to loose weight on a steady pace.

I only asked about your scale because a typical bathroom scale might only be accurate for about ±1% of the reading. At about 250 lbs, 1% is 2.5 lbs. If your scale can really detect tenths of a lb. in the 250 lb. range it would be accurate ±0.04%. That's 25 times more accurate than ±1%. You can get scales like that, but probably not for the typical price of a bathroom scale.

To tell how good your scale might be, test it against a known weight. A quick and easy way to do that is to buy a 5 or 10 lb bag of sugar or flour. They usually are accurate to ±1% when they package the stuff. So a 5 lb. bag of sugar can weigh from 4.95 to 5.05 lbs. and be within their specs. I'd guess that most of the bags in the store will be 4.95 to 4.96 lbs. and no higher :D.

Then weigh yourself with and without the bag of sugar or flour. What's the difference? The amount that its off from the known weight of the bag is how accurate your scale is.

So to be correct, you may weigh 260 ± 2.6 lbs.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

I only asked about your scale because a typical bathroom scale might only be accurate for about ±1% of the reading. At about 250 lbs, 1% is 2.5 lbs. If your scale can really detect tenths of a lb. in the 250 lb. range it would be accurate ±0.04%. That's 25 times more accurate than ±1%. You can get scales like that, but probably not for the typical price of a bathroom scale.

To tell how good your scale might be, test it against a known weight. A quick and easy way to do that is to buy a 5 or 10 lb bag of sugar or flour. They usually are accurate to ±1% when they package the stuff. So a 5 lb. bag of sugar can weigh from 4.95 to 5.05 lbs. and be within their specs. I'd guess that most of the bags in the store will be 4.95 to 4.96 lbs. and no higher :D.

Then weigh yourself with and without the bag of sugar or flour. What's the difference? The amount that its off from the known weight of the bag is how accurate your scale is.

Now you've done it...Alex is probably poring sugar directly from the bag in to his tear drenched face by now.:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Now you've done it...Alex is probably poring sugar directly from the bag in to his tear drenched face by now.:D
I was going to say something alone those lines too.:D
It might be safer to have him weigh himself holding all of his pastel flip flops.

When he purchased that scale, the salesmen (Francisco) told him it was sensitive enough to detect the weight of a feather boa.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

Flour and sugar aren't part of my diet. :D I may do that with gallons of water in used windshield wiper bottles though. That's a known weight by volume, right? My weight loss is what I focus on so it's that number that would apply the + 1% to.

As I'm sure you've guessed my scale is digital but it reads out in 0.2 increments so it's not tenths but fifths of pounds. Regarding linear accuracy of this scale I'm not going to bet the farm but at around 275 lbs it was really close to the scale at the doctors.

Today I'm doing the fast thing so I can get blood work done. I'm going to run it past the 12 hours because I want to every possible advantage. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I was going to say something alone those lines too.:D
It might be safer to have him weigh himself holding all of his pastel flip flops.

When he purchased that scale, the salesmen (Francisco) told him it was sensitive enough to detect the weight of a feather boa.
Francisco is always so helpful...and sensitive.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Get 5-10 lbs of pork chops instead :D!
I might. This fasting thing has me down to 256.8 for a new record of -25.4 lbs. Now that's alright ... except for the fact that I'm still sporting a pretty decent jelly roll. :rolleyes:

Alex, are you exercising at all?
I'll walk back and forth to the redbox which is a 3 mile round trip probably 3 or 4 times a week. I tried the 5 push ups per post thing but quickly tore up those muscles and stopped that nonsense but I'll do that again starting with this post. :)

Francisco ... LOL !!! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis