STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Did someone say "Beer"?:)

What we drink usually adds up (calories) more than we think. Soda is my nemesis. ~120-150 calories per 12 ounces @ 4-6 a day is a lot of calories.

Alex, is Cheryl feeling for you six pack abs yet?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I was waking up with headaches and I was worried about hitting 300 pounds before I finally decided to get serious about this. So ... if I can do this ... you can too. They say smoking is a greater health risk. So all you f^%&in' thin people puffing away ... tisk, tisk, tisk. :p

BTW, I'd kill for a burger, a milkshake and a smoke.
I just don't want to die for those things. :D
Before I got serious about my health I was getting all sorts of headaches, heartburn and digestive issues. It's amazing what being healthier leads too.

I assume you've been eating fruit. If not go pick up some mandarins, grapes, apples and berries. When you get a sweet kick eat some fruit. You get the vitamins, fiber, and nature's candy. For ice cream's replacement I use frozen fruit medleys. they are frozen at peak ripeness. If you have a salt kick try a couple tablespoons of smuckers peanut butter.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What we drink usually adds up (calories) more than we think. Soda is my nemesis. ~120-150 calories per 12 ounces @ 4-6 a day is a lot of calories.
Holy cow, dude. That's a lot of soda...and sugar. I'll drink a regular soda if I'm really thirsty and/or tired and it's the only option, but I prefer diet soda. I started drinking diet sodas in late high school, and regular soda leaves too much of a sticky feeling in my mouth (yeah, I know - I should be used to that :rolleyes: :)).

5'9" and about 132 (I'm trying to drop those last two pounds :D). Huh. I guess that I am the "woman" of the group. Dang.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Alex, is Cheryl feeling for you six pack abs yet?
1 soda a day is fine, but 6 is teenager like. Why not cut it in half make it 2-3 a day. that would change your weight gain/loss per week by 1 lb. That means if you drink 3 sodas a day all year instead of 6 you will weight 52 lbs less. Of course you might fill it with other things, but just about anything is better for you than 6 sodas. Fried chicken is healthier than that.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Holy cow, dude. That's a lot of soda...and sugar. I'll drink a regular soda if I'm really thirsty and/or tired and it's the only option, but I prefer diet soda. I started drinking diet sodas in late high school, and regular soda leaves too much of a sticky feeling in my mouth (yeah, I know - I should be used to that :rolleyes: :)).

5'9" and about 132 (I'm trying to drop those last two pounds :D). Huh. I guess that I am the "woman" of the group. Dang.
Or the Bachelor. My wife's cooking took me from 160 to 210.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That means if you drink 3 sodas a day all year instead of 6 you will weight 52 lbs less.
Yeah, if calorie burning stays the same, caloric intake from other sources stays the same, and his body uses the same percentage of the calories that he consumes...which is unlikely. Just saying. :)

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
5'11'' and 185, trying to lose about 10 by my birthday in a month. I've been eating marginally better, but not hitting the gym as often as I want to. 8 years ago when I started undergrad I was the same height and 155, but I had no *** and played basketball literally 5 times a week for 2-3 hours each time and lifted 4 times a week.

Now the desk job and extra income keeps me eating what I want, which is hard!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

:eek:Do you strap a 2" x 4" to your butt so you don't get washed down the shower drain?

I'm 5'8" and 160. Now I feel fat. Don't look at me...:(

:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

It's difficult for me to type...I'm still shaking from all the crazy talk about cutting out beer.:eek:

I haven't had a soda in so many years, I don't remember the last time.
It shocking how much sugar is in it. Check this out: Science on the Brain - How much sugar is in a can of soda?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
On occasion, but not for the reason that you mentioned. Don't you judge me.
I think the 2x4s are too cold in Canada. In Arizona they are nice and toasty.

From my cold dead hands will they pry my beer.....:D

4 - 6 cans of soda per day is just diabetes waiting to happen.:eek:
keep drinking and that is exactly how this play ends.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't had a soda in so many years, I don't remember the last time.
You forgot that cream soda ?!? :eek:

That was the last time I had one of those too.
Somebody had to start talking about how much sugar was in it while I was still drinking it! :rolleyes:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You forgot that cream soda ?!? :eek:

That was the last time I had one of those too.
Somebody had to start talking about how much sugar was in it while I was still drinking it! :rolleyes:
Um TMI buddy. I don't want to know about you drinking cream soda with Rick.

Rippyman

Rippyman

Audioholic
There is no magic ball for losing weight and keeping it off. Its extremely simple, all it takes is discipline.

Basic rules.

Eat healthy
Drink healthy
& exercise daily.

Simple!

If you burn more calories then you take in, you will lose weight, PERIOD!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis