Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ooh ... a second cassette deck. :)

I just wanted to set the tone. You got a cat?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Curious about the thing on the wall. Looks cat friendly.
Those are definitely for cats. I'm guessing it is for the cat that you can see sleeping in the third pic from the first post. ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I want to hang a couple of ATMOS speakers from the ceiling as that's all I have room for to complete ... 6.1.2 system. I wanted to have the seating area more centered around the system so I swapped sub locations and moved the system roughly 20" down towards the right shelf.
Before the move;
Main-2.JPG

After the move;

Main-16.JPG

I thought moving the right speaker closer to the back wall (the wall right of the right speaker) would effect the soundstage when listening to music. I listened to a couple of songs and all appears to be good.. I will still have to run YPAO which will be tomorrow's job.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
YPAO is pretty bad, I wouldn't bother running it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My new couch came in for the basement. Its long enough for me to sleep on it with a little room to spare. I will be picking up a rectangular storage ottomon that fits between the two seats when the seat are extended so the person in the middle spot can put their feet up too.

IMG_0674.JPGIMG_0675.JPGIMG_0676.JPGIMG_0677.JPG

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for sharing. My room is similar in that I have a wall on the right side and open on the left, but 7 foot ceiling and a little more distance from the couch to the speakers. I'll try and post some pics once the new turntable arrives.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Ottomon I ordered came in. I should have ordered black but this is close enough. At least now, the middle seat has a place to rest their feet and I can hide the blankets.

Ottoman-1.jpg
Ottoman-2.jpg
Ottoman-3.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I did a lot of playing with my system today to try and get rid of that notch problem I had earlier. I changed the EQ on the sub to high on the Rythmik and reran YPAO.

The first graph is what came out of YPAO. All but the center channels were set to large.
YPAO Results.jpg

I then went in and set all speakers to small and changed the Xover to 80 Hz. This created a significant notch between 80 and 110 Hz. I played with the phase on the sub but it only shifted the notch towards the lower frequencies.
YPAO Manually Set Speakers to Small XOVER@80Hz.jpg

I then went in to speaker distance settings playing with the sub first. I got a slight improvement changing it from 9.6 to 10.6 feet. The bigger change came about when I changed the Main Left speaker distance from 10.6 ft to 8.6 feet. I played with the right speaker distance but it just made things worse so I left it alone.
YPAO changed ML and SUB distances.jpg

The last graph shows the differences between the two previous ones.
Differences between speaker size and Xover with speaker size  Xover and speaker distance adjus...jpg

This is my mic set up. Do you see anything wrong with this?
IMG_4982.jpg IMG_4983.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried putting the mic above the seatback and further away from the wall?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Have you tried putting the mic above the seatback and further away from the wall?
Also a thick blanket over the back might help too. I also have leather and always cover my couch back even when running audyssey. And yes, I do cover it when listening intently to music.
I always struggle telling reflections that cause anomalies.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
No and I wont either as I want to measure the sound at the listener position. Moving the seat further away from the wall will put me too close the main speakers. I could try a couple of more inches I suppose.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis