2nd Impeachment of Trump

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

"​
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a last-ditch attempt by former President Donald J. Trump to shield his financial records, issuing a brief, unsigned order requiring Mr. Trump’s accountants to turn over his tax and other records to prosecutors in New York.​
The court’s order was a decisive defeat for Mr. Trump, who had gone to extraordinary lengths to keep his tax returns and related documents secret.​
The case concerned a subpoena to Mr. Trump’s accountants, Mazars USA, by the office of the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., a Democrat. The firm has said it will comply with the final ruling of the courts, meaning that the grand jury should receive the documents in short order.​
Mr. Vance issued a three-word statement in response to the court’s order: “The work continues.”​
"​

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What in the hell do you think he is hiding in there that he has pushed so hard to keep this from getting out? I mean honestly what could be so bad in tax returns?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a last-ditch attempt by former President Donald J. Trump to shield his financial records, issuing a brief, unsigned order requiring Mr. Trump’s accountants to turn over his tax and other records to prosecutors in New York.​
The court’s order was a decisive defeat for Mr. Trump, who had gone to extraordinary lengths to keep his tax returns and related documents secret.​
The case concerned a subpoena to Mr. Trump’s accountants, Mazars USA, by the office of the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., a Democrat. The firm has said it will comply with the final ruling of the courts, meaning that the grand jury should receive the documents in short order.​
Mr. Vance issued a three-word statement in response to the court’s order: “The work continues.”​
Considering his past efforts, I wonder if Trump & Mazars will now comply with the subpoena. Will it take contempt proceedings resulting in jail, or armed marshals to nail Trump?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
What in the hell do you think he is hiding in there that he has pushed so hard to keep this from getting out? I mean honestly what could be so bad in tax returns?

Where he makes his money... Like maybe Russia... And whether he is as rich as he claims.. And who he owes money to.. Like Russian banks controlled by putin...Edit: he is known to use political influence to funnel money into his businesses, maybe some of it is illegal...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Considering his past efforts, I wonder if Trump & Mazars will now comply with the subpoena. Will it take contempt proceedings resulting in jail, or armed marshals to nail Trump?
I recall that Mazar quite some time ago said they will comply with a subpoena. With regards to Trump, all bets are off.

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Where he makes his money... Like maybe Russia... And whether he is as rich as he claims.. And who he owes money to.. Like Russian banks controlled by putin...Edit: he is known to use political influence to funnel money into his businesses, maybe some of it is illegal...
Well this should be interesting when it comes out then. I'll be interested to see now.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Well this should be interesting when it comes out then. I'll be interested to see now.

it may never become public.. the ruling allows the returns to be subpoenaed by the fed court in ny.. it may get released in court documents later , but i wouldn't hold my breath..

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
it may never become public.. the ruling allows the returns to be subpoenaed by the fed court in ny.. it may get released in court documents later , but i wouldn't hold my breath..
The release of the tax returns to prosecutes, which the case is about, is essential to their criminal investigations of Trump and his enterprise.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
The release of the tax returns to prosecutes, which the case is about, is essential to their criminal investigations of Trump and his enterprise.
that's why they got them...trumps legal strategy has *always* been to out money and wear down the opposition.. he can't do either against the US govt.....this won't be the 1st time he's been exposed as criminal , but rich folks never go to jail , they pay fines on misdemeanors ..

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

"​
Dominion Voting Systems on Monday filed a defamation lawsuit against Mike Lindell, chief executive of MyPillow, arguing that Lindell has refused to stop repeating false claims that the company’s voting machines were manipulated to rig the 2020 election against President Donald Trump.​
Dominion is seeking more than $1.3 billion from Lindell, a staunch Trump supporter. The company says Lindell contributed to a “viral disinformation campaign” about Dominion on social media, in broadcast interviews, at public pro-Trump rallies and in a two-hour documentary about election fraud — entitled “Absolute Proof” — that he created and paid to air on One America News.​
The 115-page complaint, filed in federal court in the District, alleges that Lindell, a “talented salesman,” used falsehoods about Dominion to promote MyPillow to fellow Trump supporters. It names both Lindell and his company as defendants and outlines several instances in which Lindell used appearances on conservative media to hawk his products.​
...​
"​

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
"​
Judge Merrick B. Garland on Monday said the United States faces “a more dangerous period” from domestic extremists than it faced at the time of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, and praised the early stages of the investigation into the “white supremacists and others who stormed the Capitol” on Jan. 6 as appropriately aggressive.​
“I can assure you that this would be my first priority and my first briefing when I return to the department if I am confirmed,” Judge Garland told the Senate Judiciary Committee at his confirmation hearing to be attorney general.​
Judge Garland, 68, who led the Justice Department’s investigation into the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, also vowed to uphold the independence of a Justice Department that had suffered deep politicization under the Trump administration.​
“I do not plan to be interfered with by anyone,” Judge Garland said. Should he be confirmed, he said that he would uphold the principle that “the attorney general represents the public interest.”​
Former President Donald J. Trump spent his term treating federal prosecutors as either enemies to be crushed or players to be used to attack his political opponents, and Senator Richard Durbin, Democrat of Illinois and the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, said in his opening remarks that Judge Garland would need to “restore the faith of the American people and the rule of law and equal justice.”​
"​

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Axios is reporting Trump intends to run in 2024. I'd hope Republican voters do the right thing with Mr. Capitol Riot, but to play it safe I think it will come down to his legal troubles. He isn't really gone from the party. It's still the party of Trump.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Axios is reporting Trump intends to run in 2024. I'd hope Republican voters do the right thing with Mr. Capitol Riot, but to play it safe I think it will come down to his legal troubles. He isn't really gone from the party. It's still the party of Trump.
Trump is the greatest threat to our democracy at this point.. I wonder when / if he gets declared a domestic terrorist threat...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No, that is incorrect again. I live in a very blue state of New Jersey and we have lots of refineries here, go drive up and down the turnpike and you will see them. We have oil storage all over this state.
Pipelines leak often and when they do that create an environmental nightmare. There are better ways to transport oil. How about this, every action has a reaction and let's take jobs. You build a pipeline that creates jobs in short term but take away jobs from those that were transporting oil or natgas. The railroad workers suffer and the truck drivers in the area. You see everything that is done has consequences.

I have to disagree about the best way to transport oil. Pipelines do develop leaks and the resulting spills are unforgivable and standards need to be improved, as far as I'm concerned.

However, I see two problems with rail transport: 1) A higher carbon footprint, 2) de-railments.

Did you ever hear about this? Lac-Mégantic rail disaster - Wikipedia

Pipelines are more energy efficient in the transport of crude than trains.
The pipeline that the Biden administration cancelled - Keystone XL, Phase 4 - was intended to expand the capacity from that of the Phase 1 pipeline and to transport heavy oil sands crude from Alberta to American refineries. The reasoning behind the cancellation is that the pipeline would not be in keeping with the administration's goal of reducing GHG emissions, as the production, transport and refinement of oil sands crude is more GHG intensive than conventional crude. This has a higher impact on Canada than the US, so it's a bone of contention up here - especially in Alberta, of course. I'm on the fence about, myself. I want to see a drastic reduction in GHG emissions over time. I'm just not sure that blocking the construction of this pipeline will have much practical effect.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I have to disagree about the best way to transport oil. Pipelines do develop leaks and the resulting spills are unforgivable and standards need to be improved, as far as I'm concerned.

However, I see two problems with rail transport: 1) A higher carbon footprint, 2) de-railments.

The pipeline that the Biden administration cancelled - Keystone XL, Phase 4 - was intended to expand the capacity from that of the Phase 1 pipeline and to transport heavy oil sands crude from Alberta to American refineries. The reasoning behind the cancellation is that the pipeline would not be in keeping with the administration's goal of reducing GHG emissions, as the production, transport and refinement of oil sands crude is more GHG intensive than conventional crude. This has a higher impact on Canada than the US, so it's a bone of contention up here - especially in Alberta, of course. I'm on the fence about, myself. I want to see a drastic reduction in GHG emissions over time. I'm just not sure that blocking the construction of this pipeline will have much practical effect.
Still takes away jobs from someone. Every action has a reaction. Every decision has consequences is the point I'm making. Its ok to have a pipeline take away jobs from railroad works and truck drivers I guess.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Still takes away jobs from someone. Every action has a reaction. Every decision has consequences is the point I'm making. Its ok to have a pipeline take away jobs from railroad works and truck drivers I guess.

Oh, I understand your point. However, the oil industry doesn't exist to create jobs for truck drivers and railroad workers.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Since oil is carried by systems that use fossil fuel to move, I would say that closing the pipeline is more symbolic than practical. An estimated 11K jobs lost in specialty fields and telling the workers to "go out and build solar panels" in a place that can't compete with foreign manufacturing was a very ignorant comment. Apparently, he doesn't know where solar panels come from.

Oil spills are bad but gasoline/semi-refined oil spills are worse because it's more flammable and by having lower viscosity, it goes deeper into soil and into ground water far more easily than crude oil. If crude gets into a waterway, some of it sinks to the bottom, releasing whatever it can, for many decades. Crude that spills on the ground can be removed if the soil allows.

We're not going to wean ourselves from oil for a long time but it's time to start. Thinking that we can do that or achieve 50% less CO2 emissions by 2035 or 2050 aren't practical goals.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Oh, I understand your point. However, the oil industry doesn't exist to create jobs for truck drivers and railroad workers.
It doesn't exist to create those jobs, but the industry needed to move its product and before long pipelines, rail and, eventually trucking, were the best methods. The oil industry survives because of those two because they need to move the oil and also because each uses oil for propulsion but people need to move freely but oil products are a better choice to get people from one point to another WRT energy cost, although that comes with higher pollution. I can drive more than 400 miles on a tank of gas without stopping- that's not happening with EV cars and if they're going to be viable, better distance is needed. In a city, sure- but in more remote places and for people who need to drive farther, it won't work because of the time to charge. This is where hybrids shine.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I'm just talking about these people screaming about these thousand jobs getting killed by the pipeline being killed but it's ok to hurt the railroad and truck drivers. That's all in getting at.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It doesn't exist to create those jobs, but the industry needed to move its product and before long pipelines, rail and, eventually trucking, were the best methods. The oil industry survives because of those two because they need to move the oil and also because each uses oil for propulsion but people need to move freely but oil products are a better choice to get people from one point to another WRT energy cost, although that comes with higher pollution. I can drive more than 400 miles on a tank of gas without stopping- that's not happening with EV cars and if they're going to be viable, better distance is needed. In a city, sure- but in more remote places and for people who need to drive farther, it won't work because of the time to charge. This is where hybrids shine.
I have no argument with any of that. My point was that crude oil should be transported by the most efficient means available right now. And, in this particular case, that means pipelines.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis