SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
It is always about $$$. Always.
You got that right. Remember at least private and public insurance companies are audited and have 50 state regulators looking at their numbers, business practices amoung other things. That limits malfeasance.
Wit the government, there is nothing comparable to the above. The misspending and fraud of taxpayers money is off the charts.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
If Trump runs I'll have to vote in.the primaries then. It will depend on DeSantis and the Repubs. Will the step aside for him? Because he isn't gonna run if there's a chance he loses. It was why he tried to steal the election. His narcissism doesn't allow him to accept defeat. Plus the big issue for him might be being loved. If his rally attendance drops and it's more voting for him out of default to Biden well its going to be more of a ho hum vote. This isn't 2016 anymore. I think he's your guy if you want a fast turnaround, but the political climate well that would be the polar opposite too.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
If Trump runs I'll have to vote in.the primaries then. It will depend on DeSantis and the Repubs. Will the step aside for him? Because he isn't gonna run if there's a chance he loses. It was why he tried to steal the election. His narcissism doesn't allow him to accept defeat. Plus the big issue for him might be being loved. If his rally attendance drops and it's more voting for him out of default to Biden well its going to be more of a ho hum vote. This isn't 2016 anymore. I think he's your guy if you want a fast turnaround, but the political climate well that would be the polar opposite too.
I would have never suspected you as registered Republican :eek:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'll vote in the primary probably Pence or DeSantis. It would be interesting though. If Trump runs, I don't see DeSantis backing off. Pence is probably the more eloquent speaker of the bunch, but would he stand up to Trump? Would Trump even run if the candidates don't step aside for him?

It's been a pretty funny 4 years. You had the right calling the left snowflakes during their meltdown with Trump winning. Then the Trump diehards/deplorables ended up being the biggest snowflakes with their inability to comprehend their God lost. The left are about feelings they've said. Only to surpass then ironically. One of the funniest was the Doral resort/Emoluments Schmoluments Clause. 50% of wanting a Trump 2024 ticket is to pour more gas on the fire. Aside from his policy, the man as a human being is the lesser of his policy. Maybe they can spin the narrative to 'A triumph of adversity.' Albeit only directed at his base.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
DeSantis concerns me, appears to be just another Trump clone. His recent bullying of a bunch of High school kids over mask wearing and his choice of a Florida Health Czar clearly shows his 'Trump-esque' BS

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Too many things going on and it's too far off. We'll have to wait until after Nov to see what the beginning of the 2024 campaign will shape up to be.
Will the Red Tsunami happen? If it does, what will the Dems do with Biden, or his agenda? Do they move to the center, do they move further to the left?
Biden could recover and then the Dems will be in stronger position for 2024 no matter who the Repubs put up

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
DeSantis concerns me, appears to be just another Trump clone. His recent bullying of a bunch of High school kids over mask wearing and his choice of a Florida Health Czar clearly shows his 'Trump-esque' BS
Those would be the most recent examples.

DeSantis, being a Florida Republican is not fit for any Federal office.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump is in the driver's seat if his competition is Pence and Cruz, but if he has to go through DeSantis I think he loses. DeSantis will run along the lines of the "freest" state in America and remind people it was Trump's task force that recommended closures. I think that and Trump's threshold, that will be the end of it. DeSantis will get Florida, and is younger. It will all depend on if he steps aside for Trump, leverage etc.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Trump is in the driver's seat if his competition is Pence and Cruz, but if he has to go through DeSantis I think he loses. DeSantis will run along the lines of the "freest" state in America and remind people it was Trump's task force that recommended closures. I think that and Trump's threshold, that will be the end of it. DeSantis will get Florida, and is younger. It will all depend on if he steps aside for Trump, leverage etc.
Agree. DeSantis running against Trump in primary will be a bloody fight. Trump's got the 'cult of personality' that tends to make his deeper supporters difficult to dislodge. If DeSantis wins, Trump will have to get over his ego and throw support to him for if the Repubs want the WH in 2024. Lots of ifs.

The more interesting situation is on the Dems side. As events continue to unfold, what do they do in 2024?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Such an errr uplifting choice of candidates.;) However, I really don't know that much about some of them. Without looking at their voting records I'd lean towards Cheney or Rubio, but then there's reality of who has the best chance to win. #6 and #7 are downright humiliating IMO, and Pence well he was associated with Trump so that's how that goes. In the end I think what it will take for the party to be respectable again is drain the swamp of some of these Trumplike people and getting a candidate who has more of respectable/modest tone. Sure, Pence has a modest tone, but do I really care if he's been with Trump? Ah no. It's the Melania stigma: doesn't much matter if you're married to the biggest dickhead on the planet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-top-10-gop-presidential-candidates-for-2024-ranked/ar-AAXyku8

Also mentioned: Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), former secretary of state Mike Pompeo, South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem, Sen. Josh Hawley (Mo.), Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.), Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, Sen. Tom Cotton (Ark.), former New Jersey governor Chris Christie and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

10. Asa Hutchinson: The question has long been whether the GOP would ever nominate a Trump critic — even a gentle one — in 2024. The answer is probably still “no,” but the Arkansas governor has staked out an interesting path. He’s criticized his party for being too heavy-handed in legislating issues like transgender rights and punishing so-called “woke” corporations. And on the latter, he called out Trump’s likeliest heir apparent, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R). Hutchinson has also leaned into the possibility of a campaign, saying recently that it’s “on the table” when he’s out of office after 2022 — and that Trump running won’t necessarily dissuade him. (Previous ranking: N/A)

9. Chris Sununu: The New Hampshire governor is one of only a handful of big-name Republicans in the country who support abortion rights, and now has to walk a tightrope. After the news of the leaked Supreme Court draft opinion broke, he emphasized he would keep abortion “safe and legal” in New Hampshire. But last week, he also claimed to have “done more on the pro-life issue” than any other recent New Hampshire governor, because he signed a ban on abortion after 24 weeks. Navigating both his Trump criticisms and his views on abortion is asking a lot in today’s GOP. (Previous ranking: 9)

8. Glenn Youngkin: The Virginia governor has recently confronted one of his first big sources of tension with the GOP base — his cautious response to requests to crack down on protests at Supreme Court justices’ homes in his state. Virginia state law also apparently makes such protests illegal, but rather than seek state action, Youngkin ultimately joined Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) in calling on the Justice Department to act instead. (Previous ranking: 8)

7. Donald Trump Jr.: In case you had any doubt about what kind of campaign Trump Jr. would run, he recently criticized Congress for sending money to the “clown show” in Ukraine and suggested it was a good idea to bomb Mexican cartels. Whenever Trump Jr. is polled in a race without his father, he does remarkably well for a political novice. But he also seems pretty content to be a bomb-thrower hurling provocations from the sidelines. (Previous ranking: 5)

6. Ted Cruz: Speaking of Republicans who have endorsed against Trump’s preferred candidate, the Texas senator stumped for Dave McCormick over Trump’s choice of Mehmet Oz just ahead of Pennsylvania’s primary. Cruz argued that McCormick was the most conservative candidate who could win the Senate seat. McCormick’s race against Oz now appears set for a recount, with Oz having the slightest of edges. (Previous ranking: 7)

5. Tim Scott: Former Trump White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney recently listed the South Carolina senator among the three candidates who could beat Trump in a primary, alongside DeSantis and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. (We can’t laugh off these things as easily as we once did, but it seems unlikely Johnson would run as a Republican.) Scott also recently took aim at Treasury Secretary Janet L. Yellen’s comments on the economic impacts of banning abortion. (Previous ranking: 6)

4. Nikki Haley: Haley is perhaps the biggest boom-or-bust candidate on this list. She has shown real political talent, but she also tops the ranks of Republicans who severely misplayed their hands (or, more likely, said what she actually thought) after Jan. 6, 2021. She offered a string of contradictory thoughts on where the party should go on Trump. In that, she is not unlike House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), for one, but Haley committed more to the idea of a post-Trump party than McCarthy ever did — and more publicly — only to pull back when it became clear that wasn’t good politics. (Previous ranking: 3)

3. Mike Pence: Given how sharply his numbers within the GOP dropped after Jan. 6, it’s difficult to see him as a front-runner for the GOP nomination. But they didn’t fall completely off a cliff. And again, he seems to be navigating a tricky situation relatively well, given the circumstances — crafting his own brand and gently criticizing Trump without the blowback. We’ll see if that holds next week. (Previous ranking: 4)

2. Ron DeSantis: We’re increasingly of the opinion that he could truly give Trump a run for his money if they ran against one another — as DeSantis has conspicuously declined to rule out. Most polls show his deficit would start in the teens or the 20s, with Trump below majority support. That’s a big lead for Trump, but hardly impenetrable over the next two years. Indeed, one would expect someone with Trump’s stature to have such a lead at a moment when so few people are paying attention and probably don’t know much about DeSantis. (Previous ranking: 2)

1. Donald Trump: The really, really big question is whether Trump runs. We can all over-analyze the tea leaves on that, but it’s somewhat gobsmacking that Trump hasn’t made more of that fact that his nominees to the Supreme Court seem on the verge of overturning Roe v. Wade. Also worth watching in the coming few weeks is how Trump’s candidates fare in a series of competitive primaries, after a few high-profile losses and likely another one in Georgia. Whatever happens will send a message to his would-be usurpers — and potentially to Trump himself, about whether he wants to even risk having the party balk at his running. (Previous ranking: 1)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The positive news is, well, MTG doesn't appear to be on the ticket. Woop woop.;):cool::)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I mean that was his #1 appeal was the lowest denominator to hate speak, and what they've said is we want more. Then they preach immorality on the left. I can't win with that.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
if the Repubs are stupid enough to re-elect Trump as their candidate they deserve to loose again.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It isn't Republicans. They don't want him. It's Trump voters.
Is there any large difference between a Trump voter and the large majority of Republicans? Republicans have given Trump very high approval ratings during his presidency and after, and still do according to this poll by PEW from November 2022. And his campaign for president in 2024 has not even really started yet.

1677936161147.png

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Is there any large difference between a Trump voter and the large majority of Republicans? Republicans have given Trump very high approval ratings during his presidency and after, and still do according to this poll by PEW from November 2022. And his campaign for president in 2024 has not even really started yet.

View attachment 60676
I'd be surprised if DeSantis even runs. Just a few weeks ago he was in the lead, and all Trump had to do was mention SSN, Medicare, and that he was a meatball.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis