cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly Biden, DeSantis and Trumpet are all worthless in my book. But we now know its Congress and their childishness bickering between the two parties that is driving this country broke. They would rather fight over who is President or wants to be, than fix; healthcare, the DEBT, Illegals, housing , raising cost of everything, the treatment of our VETS, Insurance rates, and so many other items. Congress is now nothing more than a narcissistic club for people that want to get rich while in office while screwing over the citizens. And some voters just don't seem to really care. Without term limits which need to be set by, Congress and they would never vote for that. Voters these days appear to be voting on who they dislike the most, vs what a person can do. Red vs Blue, maybe its time for clear and neutral. We are screwed regardless who is Pres unless Congress changes their ways.

And lets not forget about China. China well they will push all the buttons and in the next 20 + years will own this country without every firing a shot. China, which owns an estimated $972 billion in U.S. Treasuries, is the number-two investor among foreign governments, Japan is first.. And the Russia China partnership, well that's peachy.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
And lets not forget about China. China well they will push all the buttons and in the next 20 + years will own this country without every firing a shot. China, which owns an estimated $972 billion in U.S. Treasuries, is the number-two investor among foreign governments, Japan is first.. And the Russia China partnership, well that's peachy.
Don't forget that the US Bonds are issued in US dollar so in a way it's the Chinese that has a problem as the US controls its own currency.

If US issued bonds in a different currency, then would/could be a problem. Just take a look at various European countries holding debts in Euro but not control the central bank: They where forced to painful domestic devaluations and cuts that caused much hardship on the population as there are no transfer mechanism within the Eurozone to soften the blow.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
No DeSantis isn't helping himself with the anti-woke campaign.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
No DeSantis isn't helping himself with the anti-woke campaign.
The more he opens his mouth, the more votes he loses. He has already lost the majority of the black vote, even in his run for Gov. Overall, the electorate for Gov for DeathSantis was 71 percent white, 13 percent Hispanic and 10 percent Black but black people amount to 13% of Florida’s 14.5 million registered voters and his stance on critical race theory, and his enacting voter suppression laws, which disproportionately affect Black voters, and allegations of voter intimidation after his administration announced they would be arresting 19 convicted felons for trying to vote — 13 of whom were Black is pushing black voters away.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The more he opens his mouth, the more votes he loses. He has already lost the majority of the black vote, even in his run for Gov. Overall, the electorate for Gov for DeathSantis was 71 percent white, 13 percent Hispanic and 10 percent Black but black people amount to 13% of Florida’s 14.5 million registered voters and his stance on critical race theory, and his enacting voter suppression laws, which disproportionately affect Black voters, and allegations of voter intimidation after his administration announced they would be arresting 19 convicted felons for trying to vote — 13 of whom were Black is pushing black voters away.
The percentages you posted are almost the same as the demographic for the US- Wiki vs FLA shows 61+% White vs 71%, 18% Hispanic or Latino vs 13% and 12.4% Black vs 13%. I'm guessing that the difference in the White vote is due to the extremely high number of voters who are over 60 years old.

However, and it's done very frequently, the number of felons in your example reflects the data- who is committing the crimes?

Look at the data before you tear me apart for posting this- there's no malice involved. I blame all levels of government more than anyone else for failing to do what's needed, to allow people to reach their potential.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
administration announced they would be arresting 19 convicted felons for trying to vote — 13 of whom were Black is pushing black voters away.
felons are not supposed to own guns so they shouldn't be allowed to vote, regardless of color !

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
felons are not supposed to own guns so they shouldn't be allowed to vote, regardless of color !
Guns were not mentioned. The concern was over blacks voters, who overwhelmingly vote Democrat.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The percentages you posted are almost the same as the demographic for the US- Wiki vs FLA shows 61+% White vs 71%, 18% Hispanic or Latino vs 13% and 12.4% Black vs 13%. I'm guessing that the difference in the White vote is due to the extremely high number of voters who are over 60 years old.

However, and it's done very frequently, the number of felons in your example reflects the data- who is committing the crimes?

Look at the data before you tear me apart for posting this- there's no malice involved. I blame all levels of government more than anyone else for failing to do what's needed, to allow people to reach their potential.
The 19 convicted felons that voted and the 13 that were black, comes from many sources including the Gov office is pretty simple, The Gov's new task force on finding the fraud in voting found felons that voted. November 2018, Florida voters passed Amendment 4, a measure that restores voting rights to certain felons. Those convicted of murder and sexual offenses will still be barred. I remember in the news, they interviewed a few and they went to vote, provided their names and the elections office let them cast their ballot. I fault the voting poll for not doing their do diligence and saying NO , your not allowed to vote. But it made news in Fla.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You assume people convicted of crimes are the ones that committed them. It's a whole other topic, but assuming the US justice system got the right person and the sentence applied is proportional to the crime is incorrect.

I'm of the mind that people that paid their debt to society should be able to vote once they're out of prison. Own guns? Not so much.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The 19 convicted felons that voted and the 13 that were black, comes from many sources including the Gov office is pretty simple, The Gov's new task force on finding the fraud in voting found felons that voted. November 2018, Florida voters passed Amendment 4, a measure that restores voting rights to certain felons. Those convicted of murder and sexual offenses will still be barred. I remember in the news, they interviewed a few and they went to vote, provided their names and the elections office let them cast their ballot. I fault the voting poll for not doing their do diligence and saying NO , your not allowed to vote. But it made news in Fla.
I recall will that they thought they where allowed vote, and several of them even asked public official of they where allowed. So no attempt at knowingly casting a fraudulent vote. The consequences for several of them where draconian with long prison sentences because they had broken their parole by voting.

It’s a disgrace.

highfigh

highfigh

I thought felons who were required to be supervised by an agent of the courts would have these restrictions explained to them, but I don't know the details since I haven't been in that position.

If nobody bothers to check, it may be because people who work at the polls aren't paid and they don't want the responsibility.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I thought felons who were required to be supervised by an agent of the courts would have these restrictions explained to them, but I don't know the details since I haven't been in that position.

If nobody bothers to check, it may be because people who work at the polls aren't paid and they don't want the responsibility.
One would think so, but apparently not.

highfigh

highfigh

You assume people convicted of crimes are the ones that committed them. It's a whole other topic, but assuming the US justice system got the right person and the sentence applied is proportional to the crime is incorrect.

I'm of the mind that people that paid their debt to society should be able to vote once they're out of prison. Own guns? Not so much.
And you seem to be saying that convicted felons were innocent but if you look at the number of violent convicts who are freed, most were incarcerated years ago, not as many being convicted recently. I want the right people to be convicted, but I also want the accused to stand trial and there are a helluva lot of accused going free because of technicalities and witness intimidation, resulting in more crimes by those who were accused. Some hide in plain sight, some flee to other part of the country and use an alias, some flee to other countries but they can and do return, to commit more crimes.

You're saying that gun owners shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You're saying that gun owners shouldn't be allowed to vote?
Huh? He clearly did not write that nor meant that at all. Convicts that have served their prison term should be allowed to vote but not own guns.

highfigh

highfigh

One would think so, but apparently not.
If only some group or agency would be used to monitor this........

Another problem is the loss of public defenders and often, the ones who stay do a crappy job. I know an ADA who used to be hard Left and after working in the Public Defender's Office, he took a complete 180 and is now hard Right. That's partially due to his brother and two cousins, but he's an adult and should be able to make his own decisions.

I know him because I worked with his brother- we went to lunch (both of them and IIRC, their mom) as well as another guy (Ryan) from where we had worked. At one point, Ryan was telling us about his friend, who had been pulled over for a traffic violation. He said the police smelled pot, so they were able to search the car but they also sent someone to his place and talked their way in, so they could search for pot. The brother of the ADA said "Good! They should be able to do that" and I said they couldn't. He asked why and I mentioned the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments. He said "F&ck that!" so I told him that he would make a good Nazi. He didn't say much during the rest of the time and his brother did nothing to support what he had said.

It has been said that ignorance of the law is no excuse but when a government writes thousands of laws, it's impossible to know what's legal, or not.

highfigh

highfigh

Huh? He clearly did not write that nor meant that at all. Convicts that have served their prison term should be allowed to vote but not own guns.
You wrote it more clearly than he did and I read the two as separate issues. Thanks

A large reason people end up in prison for violent crimes is because they gain access to weapons that should be off limits, but they don't care. People need to be better.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If only some group or agency would be used to monitor this..
And thats just what DeSantis started in Fla. A group 'Office of Election Crimes and Security' to investigate voter fraud. "" To me this is what should have occurred. When people register or vote without realizing they’re ineligible, the proper course should be to notify them of their ineligibility, not prosecute them. The judges are already dismissing these charges on a few of those arrested.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
understood, that wasn't my point.
I imagine it depends on the law and the severity of the crime, and if they're ex-felons who have served their sentence. Were Democrats trying to get cheap votes, or was DeSantis using voter intimidation? I dunno.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis