D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
"Proudly Deplorable" -- in a nutshell the Trump era.
The way I see it the Trump era is about Republican voters finally getting their ideal candidate: the unconventional and non-establishment Republican who loves America. The darker side is Trump has escalated hate like no other president I'm aware of. And a base who revels in the escalation he's created. Even non-deplorables love it. When they say don't love it, it means they do love it. This is his primary appeal, even above policy.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Being anti-WOKE is very, very important to Republicans today and for the 2024 elections.

So what is WOKE then? Seems that conservatives have problems defining it. In the clip below there is one conservative book author Bethany Mandel having chapters on it in her book, where she has some real problems defining WOKE after all her work on it. Just watch it to see her squirm.

But in court, when lawyers/representatives for DeSantis was asked what WOKE means we have the following, we have DeSantis’ General Counsel Newman defining WOKE in general as “it would be the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them". Not too shabby a definition of WOKE.

>>>
Jean-Jacques Cabou, Warren’s attorney, noted DeSantis referred to Warren in his announcement of the suspension as a “woke ideologue” who “masqueraded” as a prosecutor. Then he asked some DeSantis officials what “woke” means to them.

Taryn Fenske, DeSantis’ Communications Director said “woke” was a “slang term for activism … progressive activism” and a general belief in systemic injustices in the country.

Ryan Newman, DeSantis’ General Counsel, echoed the part about systemic injustices, specifically regarding the criminal justice system.
“To me it means someone who believes that there are systemic injustices in the criminal justice system and on that basis they can decline to fully enforce and uphold the law,” Newman said.

Asked what “woke” means more generally, Newman said “it would be the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them.” [emphasis added]

Newman added that DeSantis doesn’t believe there are systemic injustices in the U.S. ...
<<<

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Being anti-WOKE is very, very important to Republicans today and for the 2024 elections.

So what is WOKE then? Seems that conservatives have problems defining it. In the clip below there is one conservative book author Bethany Mandel having chapters on it in her book, where she has some real problems defining WOKE after all her work on it. Just watch it to see her squirm.

But in court, when lawyers/representatives for DeSantis was asked what WOKE means we have the following, we have DeSantis’ General Counsel Newman defining WOKE in general as “it would be the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them". Not too shabby a definition of WOKE.

>>>
Jean-Jacques Cabou, Warren’s attorney, noted DeSantis referred to Warren in his announcement of the suspension as a “woke ideologue” who “masqueraded” as a prosecutor. Then he asked some DeSantis officials what “woke” means to them. So Iam moving andit could be days before i have a system up

Taryn Fenske, DeSantis’ Communications Director said “woke” was a “slang term for activism … progressive activism” and a general belief in systemic injustices in the country.

Ryan Newman, DeSantis’ General Counsel, echoed the part about systemic injustices, specifically regarding the criminal justice system.
“To me it means someone who believes that there are systemic injustices in the criminal justice system and on that basis they can decline to fully enforce and uphold the law,” Newman said.

Asked what “woke” means more generally, Newman said “it would be the belief there are systemic injustices in American society and the need to address them.” [emphasis added]

Newman added that DeSantis doesn’t believe there are systemic injustices in the U.S. ...
<<<

When it comes down to voting unless someone else comes along, I will vote for DeathSeantis before I cast a vote for Trumpet or Biden. I don't agree with Desantis on his woke or covid ideas, but he has supported the state I live in and has done a decent job. woke started out as racial but has come to mean 'well-informed' or 'aware', especially in a political or cultural sense but the definition of "woke" changes depending on who you ask. i'm moving so it come be days before i get back online, what a freaking pain in the ass

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm guessing there's some woke in our schools, but I'm not buying the degree conservative news tries to portray. I'd more like to know what these books are, and where it's happening consistently.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Pence- I really couldn't pull the trigger on him. I'm concerned he's a Christian Nationalist.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
When it comes down to voting unless someone else comes along, I will vote for DeathSeantis before I cast a vote for Trumpet or Biden. I don't agree with Desantis on his woke or covid ideas, but he has supported the state I live in and has done a decent job. woke started out as racial but has come to mean 'well-informed' or 'aware', especially in a political or cultural sense but the definition of "woke" changes depending on who you ask. i'm moving so it come be days before i get back online, what a freaking pain in the ass
Voting for DeSantis, if he wins the US presidency, does come with a lot of baggage you might not want to carry nor support, nonetheless that is a consequence of your vote. Here is an example of a textbook in social studies meant for first graders in Florida where the publisher is adapting.

Rosa Parks is quite famous outside of USA and was part of my childhood education, so the second revision is obnoxious for anyone even remotely concerned about what actually happened.

1679062460261.png

>>>...The publisher, Studies Weekly, mostly serves younger students, with a focus on science and social studies, and its curriculum — short lessons in weekly pamphlets — is used in 45,000 schools across the country, according to its website. Its social studies materials are used in Florida elementary schools today.

The New York Times compared three versions of the company’s Rosa Parks story, meant for first graders: a current lesson used now in Florida, an initial version created for the state textbook review and a second updated version.

Some of the material was provided by the Florida Freedom to Read Project, a progressive parent group that has fought book ban efforts in the state, and confirmed by The Times.

In the current lesson on Rosa Parks, segregation is clearly explained: “The law said African Americans had to give up their seats on the bus if a white person wanted to sit down.”

But in the initial version created for the textbook review, race is mentioned indirectly.
“She was told to move to a different seat because of the color of her skin,” the lesson said.

In the updated version, race is not mentioned at all.
“She was told to move to a different seat,” the lesson said, without an explanation of segregation.
It’s unclear which of the new versions was officially submitted for review. The second version — which doesn’t mention race — was available on the publisher’s website until last week.

Studies Weekly made similar changes to a fourth-grade lesson about segregation laws that arose after the Civil War. [bold added] ...<<<

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I think you mean "Cancun" Cruz. ;)
There are numerous reasons why Cruz shouldn't hold any elected office. For one, he's from Texas, and he takes big money from wealthy right wingers.

America has endured too many Texans holding power in Washington. Three presidents from Texas (1 Democrat and 2 Republicans) all shared the same fault of believing that ramming their views down the throats of the rest of America was fair & democratic. It's time for Texas politicians to sit down & shut up.

One of the only good things Trump did was to verbally assault Ted Cruz during the 2016 campaign. Cruz went on to expose himself as a completely unworthy politician, incapable of shame. Of course, in his 2020 loss to Joe Biden, Trump also exposed himself as no different.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There are numerous reasons why Cruz shouldn't hold any elected office. For one, he's from Texas, and he takes big money from wealthy right wingers.

America has endured too many Texans holding power in Washington. Three presidents from Texas (1 Democrat and 2 Republicans) all shared the same fault of believing that ramming their views down the throats of the rest of America was fair & democratic. It's time for Texas politicians to sit down & shut up.

One of the only good things Trump did was to verbally assault Ted Cruz during the 2016 campaign. Cruz went on to expose himself as a completely unworthy politician, incapable of shame. Of course, in his 2020 loss to Joe Biden, Trump also exposed himself as no different.
Like so many (most?) of the current Republican members of the House and Senate he has no moral compass or integrity. At least Trump exposed that for all of us to see, if we wish.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Not him either. I was referring to the Republican primary.
That was way, way to subtle for her(?) to understand. ;) (S)he only wants to "own the libs", no matter what, but (s)he will spread her/his "legs" for the cause.

If you're looking for a decent human being I suggest look elsewhere.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If you're looking for a decent human being I suggest look elsewhere
There are NO decent Politicians they all want the money and life long recognition of screwing up the US even further. The can't even walk their own talk.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Poor DeSantis. I feel bad for him. Indictment is in his home state. If he sides with the law he loses; sides with Trump he loses for being too samey. All Trump has to do is call him names and say the indictment is a witch hunt and basically he's the GOP nominee.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Scott and Sununu are like the "nice guys" of RNP candidates LOL. At least compared to Trump or DeSantis.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis