2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Sorry if I missed these details if already explained, but which models have balanced pre outs and do those provide any benefit over the RCA pre outs?
For Denon AVRs, only the flagship model has them, and are for the Sub outs, though one poster claimed they were assignable. Whether they could be assigned (the unused ones) to the FL/FR or not we will have to wait until the owner's manuals are out, unless Denon update the product info to include such info.

XLR outputs 2X that of the RCA unbalanced outputs. That can be useful, depending on the specs of the amp you are driving. One reason I don't prefer to use the mini dsp 2XHD is that its outputs are rated 2 V only. For subs, I would feel better with 4 volts.

M

MandM

Junior Audioholic
Wow...Denon isn't messing around. I'm impressed! The AVR-X3800H looks like the one to beat!

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Just to clear up one thing. Dirac absolutely requires specific hardware. If it's already built-in, you are good to go for the software later. However, Dirac is not backwards compatible, meaning every existing older D+M model will never be getting a Dirac update, no matter what happens. Just wanted everyone to know that straight away, as I've seen others get confused by this before.
The current/new DSP processor (analog devices Griffin) is a higher speed version of the same processor previously used in the 700 series - it runs the same software...

So in hardware terms, the same stuff could be run on the older generation.

In CPU cycles and RAM requirements terms, if it can run Audyssey, it can run Dirac Live...

Which isn't to say that they will release DL for earlier models - I doubt that!

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Next question - how much will the Dirac Live Software update cost, $200?

That would make the x3800 $1900. :D
Yes but DLBC will be an additional fee - and MultiSub DLBC with full range DL is circa US$800 according to the Dirac price list online. Which would make the X3800 US$2500.... that is getting up there!

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
The new models are now up on Best Buy, but they all say, "sold out". Also, no discounts available on X700 models.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
I will most likely go back to "separate" (I hate that term..), i.e. the AVM70. The AVM70 in 2023 or even late 2022 may be discounted to a more affordable level anyway.
Anthem? You better jump then, currently listed as discontinued on Crutchfield...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Anthem? You better jump then, currently listed as discontinued on Crutchfield...

It's not being discontinued. It's being upgraded to 8K

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
;):cool:
It's not being discontinued. It's being upgraded to 8K
@gene I was riding around the Port of IBeria. Well I ran into a ole dirt road and take a guess what the name on that shiny new green sign said? "Gene flash Lane"! Wow huh? If I have time tomorrow I'll go take a nice photo of a ole dirt road named after You!:D

Here's the funny part about that little road trip down memory Lane. There was this L&D engine sitting on the tracks at the Port of IBeria. So I backed up my ole Chevy truck this Dude was just a smiling at me. Well I won't bore you with any more details. Hope all is well on the Family front. Oh lil Red said to tell You hi! lolol.. Cheers!

Mike

Last edited:
T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
L

lazylex

Audiophyte
Crutchfield has a little blurb about pricing on the x3800H page -- who knows if this is accurate, but if it isn't, I'm sure crutchfield will be disappointed when people bark the price changed post-sale:

From Crutchfield page:
"Note: You have the option to upgrade to Dirac Live (for $199), an advanced state-of-the-art digital room correction software that utilizes your Windows PC or Mac computer and a 3rd party USB microphone (sold separately) to analyze your speakers and listening room for optimum speaker performance and the removal of unwanted sound colorations introduced by the room. The result is substantially improved soundstaging, clarity, and voice intelligibility."

djodars

djodars

Audiophyte
If you have already have a Dirac license for another AVR (NAD T758 in my case), do you have to buy a new license again in order for the software to run on these Denon AVR? (I hope not, this would be ridiculous)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If you have already have a Dirac license for another AVR (NAD T758 in my case), do you have to buy a new license again in order for the software to run on these Denon AVR? (I hope not, this would be ridiculous)
I feel like I have seen a discussion about being able to transfer a license, but not running multiple devices on a single license.

@flak3 could possibly answer if he is still active here. Likewise, there are a lot of people wanting to know if Bass Control will be available on the SU products. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The MRSP was accurate on the AV-10 & Amp-10 = $7,000 each.

Interesting that both are less expensive than the old Denon AVP-A1HD ($7,500) and matching 150W x 10CH amp ($7,500). :D

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The new Denon flagship AVR has a 25.4 lbs EI core transformer, wonder why they wouldn't go with a lighter weight equivalent toroidal type, despite the marketing hype advantage..

HCFR News – Denon integrated 2022_2023 - HCFR Forum & Magazine (homecinema-fr.com)

Denon-2022_19-scaled.jpg

Not that people care, it also now has probably the best (in terms of specs, 120 dB SINAD) DAC chip found in AVPs and AVRs. The ES9018K2M, 10 dB better than Yamaha's ES9026Pro.

Denon-2022_16-scaled.jpg

Can't wait to see what the CX-A5300 offers!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You have to pay for the license key of each Windows PC. So I bet you have to pay for the license of each AVR.

I have ten PC’s in my house. Each PC has Windows-10 OS. It would be nice if I only had to pay for one license key, instead of paying for ten. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis