2022 Denon av-receiver models leaked

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Well, when they start "Known for their vivid, spacious sound, their rock-solid reliability" I'm not so sure.
Why are you quoting me on this? I'm far better at reporting, or spending my time helping those that want to be helped.

You said "I'm not so sure?" in your reply to me. That's strange because I thought you were like the most sure person on this entire thread. If I'm mistaken about that, please excuse me, as I'm sure they'll be showing up any minute now.

Now just RELAX kidos. It's all just another joke. Isn't it funny to read comments like this.

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Interesting that they don't show a 6800 model. Is there going to be a 6800?
Good eye. It's not happening. As reported repeatedly over the past few weeks, there is no AVR-X6800H currently scheduled for release anywhere.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why are you quoting me on this? I'm far better at reporting, or spending my time helping those that want to be helped.

You said "I'm not so sure?" in your reply to me. That's strange because I thought you were like the most sure person on this entire thread. If I'm mistaken about that, please excuse me, as I'm sure they'll be showing up any minute now.

Now just RELAX kidos. It's all just another joke. Isn't it funny to read comments like this.
LOL you took it too seriously. It was your link and recommendation, tho. Just a point of reference since I wasn't particularly replying to the OP. Talk about relaxing....

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
LOL you took it too seriously. It was your link and recommendation, tho. Just a point of reference since I wasn't particularly replying to the OP. Talk about relaxing....
Take a joke well? I mean you quoted me, and I read some sarcastic humor in your post, sooooo.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Take a joke well? I mean you quoted, sooooo.
Whatever. I quoted your post because you said "well written" and posted the link, as that was my specific reference in my post, rather than refer to the original post/poster. I'm laughing in any case, hope you are too.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Good eye. It's not happening. As reported repeatedly over the past few weeks, there is no AVR-X6800H currently scheduled for release anywhere.
Wow, hard to believe they would give up that model, as they make at least $1,000 more on the 6X00 models than the 4X00 models.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, hard to believe they would give up that model, as they make at least $1,000 more on the 6X00 models than the 4X00 models.
They need something to release next year. ;)

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
Whatever. I quoted your post because you said "well written" and posted the link, as that was my specific reference in my post, rather than refer to the original post/poster. I'm laughing in any case, hope you are too.
I'm laughing more that this was your post count #35819

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm laughing more that this was your post count #35819
I'm online a lot, what can I say? I don't keep count myself on this or other fora. It's a lot.

ps In person, not so talkative but rarely do any of my friends want to talk about audio beyond about 10 seconds....

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Guess they're putting all their marbles in the AIHD1VR or whatever that model number is :)
It's a huge price jump from the X4800 to that flagship. I still can't see Denon not having a model to compete with the Marantz that is on the level and price point of the Denon 6700/6800.

T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
6 series runs concurrent with this release, as was always intended. Nothing has changed with that. All products have a life cycle. The AVR-X6700H was never scheduled for a replacement this year. The others all were. If you need one, I can help you place an order, or find a better deal. I don't make a dime, and my time is always voluntary.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's a huge price jump from the X4800 to that flagship. I still can't see Denon not having a model to compete with the Marantz that is on the level and price point of the Denon 6700/6800.
Dunno they're putting a lot of features into the 3800/4800 already. I'd almost rather see them make a pre-pro option in between?

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
The 3800 looks like an evolutionary update of the 3700 - chassis layout, boards etc...

The 4800 may be similar

Would be interesting to know how different the AVR-A1H is from the 6700... is it in fact a different beast - or is it an evolution of the 6700?

And given SU managements objective of increasing margins, are they intending to delete the 6xxx as it overlaps with the premium A1H? (while having lower margins)

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Seems like the X3800 and X4800 are identical from a prepro feature set perspective - only difference is power output? - Maybe they will differentiate them on the DAC's?
The DSP is the same, # of channels the same, features the same...

It's price seems "overbaked" given how close it appears to the 3800?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Seems like the X3800 and X4800 are identical from a prepro feature set perspective - only difference is power output? - Maybe they will differentiate them on the DAC's?
The DSP is the same, # of channels the same, features the same...

It's price seems "overbaked" given how close it appears to the 3800?
I would expect the same kind of differences between the X3700H and X4800H. If I am right then, expect the same sort of D.D.S.C., AL32, extra lines of display/flip down cover, lower THD+N specs (0.05% vs 0.08%), slightly bigger power supply etc.. I hope they add back the front analog inputs that they took it away since the X4500H, as I find that feature very useful.

Edited the power supply part typo

Last edited:
T

TheAVInsider

Junior Audioholic
They need something to release next year. ;)
S660H/S760H/X1700H/X6700H
Are all on a different release schedule than the current launch. X6700H is on a 3 year life cycle and will be replaced in 2023. I have verified this from multiple past and current official sources.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis