20 Albums You Should Own, But Probably Don't

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I tried both In Chains and the album....uh, no thanks guess we're just gonna have to call this a difference in taste. :) But suggestions always welcome so I can try 'em...
Well... Amazed as I am, to each his own. Although, I can't find anything not to like here. I'm still sure if you left it playing in the background while doing something else, it would sneak upon on you and you couldn't shake it anymore.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well... Amazed as I am, to each his own. Although, I can't find anything not to like here. I'm still sure if you left it playing in the background while doing something else, it would sneak upon on you and you couldn't shake it anymore.
Just for you I'll try again, but....

O

Ollie_2003

Audiophyte
Thanks for the list, I hadn't even heard about most of your suggestions.

R

rolf.taylor

Enthusiast
U2 Achtung baby. If you own only one U2 album this is it. The production values are amazing - you can tell Brian Eno co-produced it. Zooropa is companion album that is really good. These albums are right up there with Aja (or almost any Steely Dan) for extremely well produced rock. Crank it up and enjoy.

And here's a single. K. D. Lang's Constant Craving is an amazing song. Most of K.D.'s work does nothing for me. This song first came to my attention as part of a Penteo 5.1 upmix demo, and I can (and do) listen to it over and over. The stereo version is pretty awesome as well, and will show off your system.

Last edited:
R

rolf.taylor

Enthusiast
I'm not into jazz or reggae or rap..............strictly rock. Sooooooooooooo........

1. Pink Floyd - Meddle............some wonderful mellow stuff

2. Alan Parsons - Tales of Mystery & Imagination.........great concept, well done

3. UFO - Strangers in the night..........great live album

4. Dream Academy (title) ..........underrated....."Life in a northern town" isn't even one of the best songs on this Cd

5. The Cure - Disintegration ..........hard to classify the Cure

6. Al Stewart - Greatest Hits - .........I know many may scoff at the idea of listing a greatest hits CD, but having owned a collection of albums that are now in storage I like the idea of my favs on one disk. I have many others.

7. Shooting Star - Hang on for your life .......great old rock which integrates some violin.

8. Bob Welch - French Kiss .......I'm the only one I know who owns this CD so i thought I'd add it........good CD.

9. Jeff Healy Band - Master Hits ........good mix of blues & rock guitar

10. Scorpions - Moment of Glory (with the Berliner Philharmoniker) ...........great concept that works well with the selected songs.

................just added the Herb Alpert - Def. Hits to my collection :eek:
Amen to All Stewart. And I too am mostly down to greatest hits as most of the vinyl got destroyed (a bit survived and I am just about ready to start ripping it),

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
U2 Achtung baby. If you own only one U2 album this is it. The production values are amazing - you can tell Brian Eno co-produced it. Zooropa is companion album that is really good. These albums are right up there with Aja (or almost any Steely Dan) for extremely well produced rock. Crank it up and enjoy.

And here's a single. K. D. Lang's Constant Craving is an amazing song. Most of K.D.'s work does nothing for me. This song first came to my attention as part of a Penteo 5.1 upmix demo, and I can (and do) listen to it over and over. The stereo version is pretty awesome as well, and will show off your system.
I've always enjoyed the entire Ingenue album that Constant Craving is from....and it is well recorded....

F

Fried Chicken

Audioholic
Another diamond in the rough is Herb Alpert - Rise. This album is the convergence of jazz, latin, & disco. It is extremely well recorded. I use it as a reference for auditioning speakers, and it definitely turns some heads.
Holy Balls.

I’m speechless. Thank you for this

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Another diamond in the rough is Herb Alpert - Rise. This album is the convergence of jazz, latin, & disco. It is extremely well recorded. I use it as a reference for auditioning speakers, and it definitely turns some heads.
When this was released wasn’t the album white?

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
1. Beatles-White Album
2. Deep Purple- In Rock
3. Jellyfish- Spilt Milk
4. Hudson Ford- Free Spirit
5. King Crimson- Red
6. Genesis- Foxtrot
7. Crowded House- Temple of Low Men
8. Wishbone Ash- Argus
9. The Who- Quadrophenia
10. Strawberry Alarm Clock- Incense & Peppermints.
11. Tommy Bolin- Teaser
12. Kings X- Faith, Hope Love
13. Yes- Fragile
14. Buffalo Springfield Again
15. Argent- In Deep
16. Todd Rundgren-A Wizard, A True Star
17. Jethro Tull- Benefit
18. The Move- Shazam
19. Daniel Amos- Motorcycle
20. The Kinks- Lola vs The Powerman and The Money Go Round

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Amen to All Stewart. And I too am mostly down to greatest hits as most of the vinyl got destroyed (a bit survived and I am just about ready to start ripping it),
Nope I too own a copy of French Kiss. I always liked BW in his Fleetwood Mac days and still believe that Hypnotized was one of their very best songs.
Sorry Zipper that reply was meant for you. And I also agree with Al Stewart - Year of the Cat is in my top 5 all-time.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
A lot of people don't realize he was the A in A&M Records.....with Jerry Moss for the M
Right! About two years ago we saw him and his wife play a local winery. obviously past his prime, but he is a great entertainer. Also owns a jazz club in Beverly Hills called Vibrato’s. Great room. IMO best jazz supper club in Los Angeles.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I saw Aerosmith with ZZ Topp for $5.50 during the Toys in the Attic tour. Great album.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I listed 20 but have to list one more. No Record Collection is complete without this Album

Sgconcertincentralpark.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis