İs my subwoofer faulty?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Give us a link so we can see what you are looking at!
Also give us a budget!
We like to help you spend your money!!!
If i give you a link, the item will dissapear very fast. Anyway lets do it.
https://www.amazon.de/SVS-SB-1000-Subwoofer-Farbe-piano/dp/B00CS2EG7Q/ref=sr_1_2?crid=IIQSO1XWCM3F&keywords=svs+2000&qid=1569426199&s=gateway&sprefix=Svs+,aps,205&sr=8-2
Check used items. Budjet 500. Also white colour only, no exceptions. No monster sizes, my room is small.

And also they said me to take this.
https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/sub-10-17
New one here.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If i give you a link, the item will dissapear very fast. Anyway lets do it.
https://www.amazon.de/SVS-SB-1000-Subwoofer-Farbe-piano/dp/B00CS2EG7Q/ref=sr_1_2?crid=IIQSO1XWCM3F&keywords=svs+2000&qid=1569426199&s=gateway&sprefix=Svs+,aps,205&sr=8-2
Check used items. Budjet 500. Also white colour only, no exceptions. No monster sizes, my room is small.

And also they said me to take this.
https://www.xtzsound.eu/product/sub-10-17
New one here.
I'm afraid I don't know how you would find out more details on the used gear.
Personally, I am okay with repairs on used gear.

Unfortunately, I do not know what buyer protections exist in Europe! In the states, Amazon offers assurances. I expect similar exist from Amazon in Europe, but you'd have to establish that. The SB-1000 in white for 280 look like a great fit. They are designated as "Used - like new"
https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00CS2EG7Q/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm afraid I don't know how you would find out more details on the used gear.
Personally, I am okay with repairs on used gear.

Unfortunately, I do not know what buyer protections exist in Europe! In the states, Amazon offers assurances. I expect similar exist from Amazon in Europe, but you'd have to establish that. The SB-1000 in white for 280 look like a great fit. They are designated as "Used - like new"
https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00CS2EG7Q/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Um, hell yeah! That's a great price for a MUCH better sub!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Can you check the other too plz? The XTZ.
Hell yea how i know its not repaired?
You mean the one you linked for 699? I'm with Kew on being okay with refurbished or repaired gear. If it makes you nervous you can get the extended warranty, right? Does Amazon have a return policy for you over there in Europe?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
You mean the one you linked for 699? I'm with Kew on being okay with refurbished or repaired gear. If it makes you nervous you can get the extended warranty, right? Does Amazon have a return policy for you over there in Europe?
Dunno. Amazon Prime account(its with money) gives you more priviledge, but you have a good point.
What about the xtz? Can you make a snall research? Because i like more the colour and its considered good,
Also, zero days warantee, its used. Just 30 days return policy.just found

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Dunno. Amazon Prime account(its with money) gives you more priviledge, but you have a good point.
What about the xtz? Can you make a snall research? Because i like more the colour and its considered good,
Our friend @KEW can probably help more with that! Clicky

Here's a review (link from Kew's post) of another sub from the same company. I think I would be comfortable buying from them. Check on return policies just in case, but you might have found a good one there. Nice looking too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd think the XTZ 10.17 is similar to the PB1000 and may be worthwhile (altho a new PB1000 goes for the same amount as the SB1000 in the states) and new and warranty and all has some value too. XTZ is a well thought of sub brand in Europe, perhaps @tyhjaarpa can offer some input on this model....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I have no personal experience with the XTZ subs.
I have not seen one in the US (although I expect they are available since AH did a review of their flagship sub - see Pogre's link above).
However, that review made it clear that XTZ had some good engineering behind their subs.
Normally, I would expect the cost to transport the subs from SVS to Europe would rule them out, but with the used option, they are pretty competitive.
However, I would feel pretty comfortable with an XTZ based on that review.
@tyhjaarpa may have some experience with XTZ or maybe he has BK subs, but he is on your side of the pond, so migt offer additional help if he is available.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd think the XTZ 10.17 is similar to the PB1000 and may be worthwhile (altho a new PB1000 goes for the same amount as the SB1000 in the states) and new and warranty and all has some value too. XTZ is a well thought of sub brand in Europe, perhaps @tyhjaarpa can offer some input on this model....
It's tunable like HSUs VTF series too. Not bad looking measurements.

sub-10-17_5196245_Image1.jpg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It's tunable like HSUs VTF series too. Not bad looking measurements.

View attachment 31565
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that, but remember wondering if they had consulted with Hsu or simply used his sub for a starting point when they designed their own.
I believe the ability to tune the subwoofer is a pretty substantial benefit and IIRC, the SVS SB1000 is pretty weak on that count!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that, but remember wondering if they had consulted with Hsu or simply used his sub for a starting point when they designed their own.
I believe the ability to tune the subwoofer is a pretty substantial benefit and IIRC, the SVS SB1000 is pretty weak on that count!
Hsu isn't the only one with ability to get various response profiles by blocking ports with eq settings to go along with it...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hsu isn't the only one with ability to get various response profiles by blocking ports with eq settings to go along with it...
Yeah, but the toggle switch for EQ settings to go with the dual port plugs is very reminiscent of Hsu. Outlaw did it early on, but they were designed by Hsu. I know SVS added this with their Ultra PB-13, but wasn't aware that they had it earlier. Rythmik has it, but they didn't even do a ported subwoofer until later on, so I am inclined to credit it to Hsu ... at least among the bigger ID sub companies. In my mind this is Hsu's thing.
Who else was doing it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, but the toggle switch for EQ settings to go with the dual port plugs is very reminiscent of Hsu. Outlaw did it early on, but they were designed by Hsu. I know SVS added this with their Ultra PB-13, but wasn't aware that they had it earlier. Rythmik has it, but they didn't even do a ported subwoofer until later on, so I am inclined to credit it to Hsu ... at least among the bigger ID sub companies. In my mind this is Hsu's thing.
Who else was doing it?
Yeah, there's a few out there. Hsu I think most regularly offers the feature tho. Whether XTZ came to Dr. Hsu or not is a big guess, tho :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh well, I guess he must have a life!;)
He'll show up in a day or two!
Not like Europe has a lot of sub brands to choose from....but I know he's more a BK Elec fan in his own use. Wonder what they're offering in this price range is there....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not like Europe has a lot of sub brands to choose from....but I know he's more a BK Elec fan in his own use. Wonder what they're offering in this price range is there....
I don't know how long XTZ has been making/selling subs. They may not have been an option when he got his. Or perhaps were selling locally before going international.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know how long XTZ has been making/selling subs. They may not have been an option when he got his. Or perhaps were selling locally before going international.
A blurb on their website indicates they've been at it for 30 years in audio, don't know about the subs particularly but I know I've seen them for quite a while. We're kinda spoiled here in the US....but 30 years predates many of the sub diyers starting sub companies :)

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
This dual ports open sub from front is it acceptable as technology? Ported sub with 2 holes.
The question goes sealed vs ported sub maybe now. To my ears ported sound like hummer bass and it has a tale in sound(like an echo)and its great in movies. Sealed is more clean bass, more for music?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This dual ports open sub from front is it acceptable as technology? Ported sub with 2 holes.
The question goes sealed vs ported sub maybe now. To my ears ported sound like hummer bass and it has a tale in sound(like an echo)and its great in movies. Sealed is more clean bass, more for music?
How much experience do you have with well designed sealed and/or ported subs now?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis