İs my subwoofer faulty?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Hello all. I really need help on this. İ am begginer to all this sport.
I have a marantz 5013 and a 3.1 setup system.
My speakers are Advance acoustic kubic K3S and the K center speaker.
https://advance-acoustic.com/en/archives/110-k3s
https://advance-acoustic.com/en/hifi-loudspeakers/center-speaker/103-k-center
And i bought this subwoofer the Sub 200
https://advance-acoustic.com/en/hifi-loudspeakers/active-subwoofer/49-sub-200
which it was demo/used from a sound/audio shop.
The sub plays very weak amd it doesnt give pintch at all. The master volume is set very low at 35% because it was booming and destroy tne sound. I run audyssey multEQ with the app. I set crossovers at 80 and changed from -5 to -2 to add power. İ didnt change the curve because i dont know how.
So the question is 1) is it faulty? There are 2 subs 1 active 1 passive radiator.
Question 2) does it play right? does it go low at 30hz? And why its not punchy.

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Your attachments take me to an error page. I don't know much about Advance Acoustic either as a speaker company. How big is your room? When it comes to subwoofers size definitely matters.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
My files, are subwoofer & speaker curves. They opened from my phone even. Anyone else experiencing this error?
My room is 18-20m2

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Your attachments take me to an error page. I don't know much about Advance Acoustic either as a speaker company. How big is your room? When it comes to subwoofers size definitely matters.
Links/graphs are working fine for me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My files, are subwoofer & speaker curves. They opened from my phone even. Anyone else experiencing this error?
My room is 18-20m2
I can see the Audyssey files now. Those are all target graphs and likely not accurate. Is there something you're hearing or not hearing?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
No. I hear everything and the sound looks clean. No artifacts. Its justs some weak, no punch. It doesnt perform when it has to perform.

In the graph is my subwoofer starting from 30hz?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No. I hear everything and the sound looks clean. No artifacts. Its justs some weak, no punch. It doesnt perform when it has to perform.

In the graph is my subwoofer starting from 30hz?
From what I can tell on the before and after room correction graphs it looks like your sub drops off at 40 hz.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
4 metes X 4.5 meters. The 2 rooms sides.
You'll have to excuse me. I seem to be having comprehension issues right now, lol. It's definitely not you. No that's not a huge room at all. Is it open to any other rooms?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes 2 inside doors.2 openings
If there are doors and you can close them then the other rooms shouldn't factor in too much. If you have openings with no doors, then you have to factor in the size of those areas as well. From what I can see on those graphs your sub just doesn't play very loud below 40 hz. Like I said, I'm not very familiar with the maufacturer, but to compare to a similar style of sub with passive radiators I think of DefTech and I've never been very impressed with their subwoofers. They make some pretty decent speakers, but I wouldn't want one of their subs.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
From what I can tell on the before and after room correction graphs it looks like your sub drops off at 40 hz.
At 30hz it has -5db and at 40hz -2db acording to the graph, what that numbers meam exactly?
İs it bad?
İt doesnt supose to go lower than 30hz by manufactor.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
At 30hz it has -5db and at 40hz -2db acording to the graph, what that numbers meam exactly?
İs it bad?
Audyssey is trying to adjust your sub's frequency to measure flat and even as far down as it's capable of, which appears to be about 40 hz. At 40 hz your sound drops by 2 decibels then falls rapidly after that.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Audyssey is trying to adjust your sub's frequency to measure flat and even as far down as it's capable of, which appears to be about 40 hz. At 40 hz your sound drops by 2 decibels then falls rapidly after that.
What if i try to fix the curve? With the audysey app i have

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What if i try to fix the curve? With the app i have
I s'pose that depends on what you mean by "fix", lol. Judging from the fact that your sub's amp is 200w, has a 10" (25cm) driver and is not ported I believe 40 hz is probably a limitation of your sub. Trying to eq any lower isn't going to help. You can either break something or more likely there's a high pass filter preventing it from going any deeper so you don't break something.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The links don’t share much info but it’s a tiny little cube with one active driver and one passive radiator. PR’s work similar to ports. One problem is cabinet size. That tells us that it’s tuned pretty high, as your app results(targets) show. I would try and return it for something more capable.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The sub plays very weak and it doesn't give punch at all. The master volume is set very low at 35% because it was booming and destroy the sound.
It looks like you have some sort of EQ setting on your sub.
Let us know what type of control you have and what it is set at.
I am thinking things are boomy, so you turn the volume down and don't get much power out of the sub!
The spike you are showing at 35Hz may be a source of the problem.
I might - for a very quick and dirty test - pull the subs away from the wall/corner more into the middle of the room (just a temporary test). Run Audyssey again and see if that improves your sound. If so, that will indicate that your gear is reasonably capable and the problem is setup/location of your sub.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Why the manufactor says 30 and it goes 40hz, am i doing something wrong?
İs it faulty or bad product?
And the doors are open.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Why the manufactor says 30 and it goes 40hz, am i doing something wrong?
İs it faulty or bad product?
And the doors are open.
Problem is we don’t know if 30hz is measured at -3db or -6db or even -10db. Manufacturers can fudge specs unfortunately.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis