Time to buy a gun ... again

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
when i tried the glocks in store, i didn't like the grip, it hurt my hand with the corners.

the xd was a good fit, but if i could do it over (polymer SA) ... i would look at the IWI Jericho because of the slide safety.
M&P, Glock, XD, XDM, Taurus Polymers, all of these are more similar than they are different, so you nailed it here. It really just comes down to which one feels most comfortable in YOUR hand. I prefer the XD, I also really like the Beretta Storm so that's another one to check out.

Yeah, the IWI Jericho looks to me to be a clone of the MR Baby Desert Eagle II. I have the Baby Eagle (in the steel frame, 9mm), and my one nitpick on it is that I don't like the safety on the slide. For that, I again prefer the no-manual-safety on the XD. Otherwise, the steel frame and 9mm (my XD is .45), and the quick-acquire sights make it one heck of a gun, especially for shooting all day at the range. I do like how the slide attaches to the frame though, it's different than most that I see.

On a side note, I also have a taurus judge revolver and that is one heck of a fun gun to shoot.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So no better time to buy your second sig, I have 11 sigs, love them all... sig p290 one of my favorite ccw's...
Let's be realistic, the Glocks are good guns. I think they may just be a bit over-hyped is all. I think I would be perfectly happy with one, but I am really happy with the XD.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My brother has a Springfield XD and it got recalled. Oops...

I've shot them little guns for CC, but I struggle to shoot them worth a crap. They are just so small and light that I have a hard time putting rounds through them. Give me a Colt Goldcup or a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Long Colt and I can shoot them for hours.
You know what model he has and why it got recalled?

That's the first I've heard of an XD recall. I can say that mine has always worked flawlessly.

edit: Looking at SA website it seems that the XD-S was the recall.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You know what model he has and why it got recalled?

That's the first I've heard of an XD recall. I can say that mine has always worked flawlessly.

edit: Looking at SA website it seems that the XD-S was the recall.
The XD-S .45 has been out for a while so I am surprised they recalled BOTH XD-S models. Better than the Shield being recalled just as it hit stores; we have a friend in the midwest who already has his.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
My brother had the .45 XD-S model that was recalled. It does happen. They may have had a defect in material or design get through with the rush to meet the demand for concealed carry style weapons. There is such a demand on the market that you have to do your best to take advantage of the situation or risk being left out.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Let's be realistic, the Glocks are good guns. I think they may just be a bit over-hyped is all. I think I would be perfectly happy with one, but I am really happy with the XD.
no they are great guns, lol...

but seriously, a gentleman that goes to the range I am a member at had a g19 explode {new ammo not reloads} after 23 rounds in a new gun, he had stiches and missed work, glock did settle with him {he ins't allowed to talk about the incident in many ways but we talk about it and to my understanding it was a faulty barrel} I also met gun dealer at a gun show in Florida that had a glock explode and scarred his face.... he was selling glock mags at the show, lol..

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

but seriously, a gentleman that goes to the range I am a member at had a g19 explode {new ammo not reloads} after 23 rounds in a new gun, he had stiches and missed work, glock did settle with him {he ins't allowed to talk about the incident in many ways but we talk about it and to my understanding it was a faulty barrel} I also met gun dealer at a gun show in Florida that had a glock explode and scarred his face.... he was selling glock mags at the show, lol..
DAYUM. I never seen that before. Of course, any company can have a failure and cause injuries.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Sucks for that dude at the range and the gun dealer, but just how many tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of Glocks are out there? One or two isolated incidents aren't representative of the experiences of most owners.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, by settling, they've more or less admitted it was their fault, which is the right thing to do even if it wasn't. With firearms, just like anything else, you WILL have a few that aren't quite to spec that get out there.

Someone here I believe, posted an article about some Sigs launching their slides down range due to a manufacturing flaw about a year ago.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord

I hope I don't accidentally shoot my Peeper off since it's always in my pants.....

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
That's the same reason Alex doesn't want Cheryl to carry a gun in her purse...
It's a tough conundrum. Do you teach them to shoot so they know how to handle a gun or would that be detrimental to your well-being?..?..?:D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
DAYUM. I never seen that before. Of course, any company can have a failure and cause injuries.
Of course any company can have a failure, but for some people to personally know a couple people who had failures, Ill pass. I own the products but that is before I knew better, if its just for hobby then sure a glock may fit the bill, but if you are trusting your life to it for self defense, spend the little bit extra and get something else {of course this is just my opinion}. Just like speakers we all have our preferences, for home defense I like a 1911 with a streamlight {strobe}, where some others like a 12 ga pump shotgun {for the sound it makes, lol}, for carry I like a sig p290 {I own 3 of them, shot them thousands of times not one failure} or my trusty p3at {cheap tiny pistol, I had some work done to it but same thing a lot of rounds through it and no failures}. The only place a glock falls into my collection is in the safe since the resale value for past models {the ones I own} makes it not worth selling them...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
If your tuff like me, you can just throw a Glock at people when they break into your house.
Of course any company can have a failure, but for some people to personally know a couple people who had failures, Ill pass. I own the products but that is before I knew better, if its just for hobby then sure a glock may fit the bill, but if you are trusting your life to it for self defense, spend the little bit extra and get something else {of course this is just my opinion}. Just like speakers we all have our preferences, for home defense I like a 1911 with a streamlight {strobe}, where some others like a 12 ga pump shotgun {for the sound it makes, lol}, for carry I like a sig p290 {I own 3 of them, shot them thousands of times not one failure} or my trusty p3at {cheap tiny pistol, I had some work done to it but same thing a lot of rounds through it and no failures}. The only place a glock falls into my collection is in the safe since the resale value for past models {the ones I own} makes it not worth selling them...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
If your tuff like me, you can just throw a Glock at people when they break into your house.

That's the problem I'm not, I can't throw a tantrum, my shoulder is trashed again, so I need a gun that works, lol...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

.45 ACP on the right, which is not a small bullet. .500 bear slug on the left :eek: My shoulder hurt this morning, and it definitely gave a nice kick in the palm.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Did you really trash your shoulder again? That sucks man.
That's the problem I'm not, I can't throw a tantrum, my shoulder is trashed again, so I need a gun that works, lol...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Man, I just have a sawed off Mossberg with a pistol grip. I guess I am not so cool but it still pretty cool.
BTW, nice choice on the 870. The most-selling shotty of all time!

I have an 870 tactical, with the hybrid/cutout pistol grip and 18" barrel. It is a great shot gun, very well built.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Man, I just have a sawed off Mossberg with a pistol grip. I guess I am not so cool but it still pretty cool.
The Mossbergs ain't bad. Those have been around as a decent utility gun for a long time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis