Time to buy a gun ... again

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Took it for a spin tonight. Shoulder is a little stiff now :)
A little birdshot and some 00 buck

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
nice, I always like Kahrs, I recently picked up a Kahr/Thompson M1, very cool, .45 acp rifle

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had a $200 credit at the shop because I had to drop out of the John Jardine 1911 class in August. Doesn't look like they are going to add another one to the schedule this year so I figured I'd put it to use :)

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
sexy, does that have night sights, is this going to be a carry weapon? 5 zoom rounds, lol...

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
well, the philippines is gonna roll out with a new gun law soon.

the more guns one owns, the more expensive it is to get each one licensed.
i can't transfer ownership my "high power rifles" that does full auto unless i have them switched to semi auto.

that said, i'm lusting after the IWI Tavor CTAR-21 :D

but it costs 8,500usd over here, and i have to wait for "extras" when the local DEA purchases some from the dealer, the dealer will save me one. basically, since it's a full auto rifle, i'm not supposed to be able to have it ... but the dealer said he could magic me in. i put myself on the waitlist :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
bullpup designs ROCK, I shot QBZ97 last year, I loved it...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
sexy, does that have night sights, is this going to be a carry weapon? 5 zoom rounds, lol...
No night sights came on it, but I can swap them. Yes, I picked it up for carry. Will need to find an IWB or pocket holster.

Had the snap caps to check everything out, since I haven't even shot it yet; going to the range tomorrow morning :) I use those every time I clean to verify things are in proper working order. I don't like to find out something isn't right when I'm already at the range.

Waiting to see if California will approve this Taurus pistol caliber carbine. It appears to meet all requirements:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=889&category=Rifle

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I don't like to find out something isn't right when I'm already at the range.
or worse, I am so used to night sights that now it takes me longer to G.O.T. with out them vs with them, I don't know why but using them so much at the range got me use to them and now I am slower without them... I use 1 of two guns for ccw, either my sig p290 or my p3at, the capacity, accuracy, and reliability of full sized is better, I just can't stand having the full sized strapped up all day...

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I still only have one pistol and it's way too fat for me to conceal (i've tried). One of these days I'll buy something nice and slim :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's why I chose this one. Full 3 fingers on the grip without extension, .9" wide, relatively light for the size, and adequate capacity (standard is 7+1, extended mag is 8+1) She had the Ruger LC9 and at first she liked it, but grew to dislike it so it getting stolen was sort of a blessing in disguise (though we probably would have gotten more selling it than insurance). Size and weight were really good on the LC9, but it isn't enjoyable to shoot and that's a big deal for its purpose. I kept normal 3 dot sights on my home defense M&P and I shoot it a LOT more so I am comfortable with what it is doing, plus I have the CT grip on it for quick acquisition if needed :)

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Word. I've been strongly considering various Kahr pistols for my carry option, but I tend to just spend the money on other things first. I'd probably need to buy some new clothes before carrying, since I wear skinny jeans/pants. It will also be annoying being unable to carry on my commute because of where I work :/

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
that said, i'm lusting after the IWI Tavor CTAR-21 :D

but it costs 8,500usd over here, and i have to wait for "extras" when the local DEA purchases some from the dealer, the dealer will save me one. basically, since it's a full auto rifle, i'm not supposed to be able to have it ... but the dealer said he could magic me in. i put myself on the waitlist :D
Looks like the MTAR I like using when I'm playing Battlefield 3. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis