Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Months ago, I lowered the bed in the master bedroom by removing the frame because Niki was having trouble jumping that high (she's the only one that uses any of the beds in the house). Today, I finally got the bed in the guest bedroom lowered, too. Now that it's getting cooler out, she's starting to get back up on her couch and the other bed, so it was time.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
While cleaning up in the guest bedroom today, I found a pair of earplugs that I bought over two years ago and totally forgot about.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just watched the pilot of Masters of Sex and require some statistical data on their level of arousal at the sight of multiple carpet cleaners. :D
I think that my presence skewed the results...and I think that we all know in which direction...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki chased a couple of coyotes in the neighborhood this morning. I stopped her once we got to our house because I didn't want one to go running into the street near us, and I felt bad because she split them up. However, I was happy that she felt good enough to run about a block just to get to them, run for another block-ish until I stopped her, and be confident enough to take them on.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm always surprised that my little guy still has the energy and muscle left to go sprinting after squirrels every morning even though he's basically comatose the other 23 hours of the day.

Niki chased a couple of coyotes in the neighborhood this morning. I stopped her once we got to our house because I didn't want one to go running into the street near us, and I felt bad because she split them up. However, I was happy that she felt good enough to run about a block just to get to them, run for another block-ish until I stopped her, and be confident enough to take them on.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm always surprised that my little guy still has the energy and muscle left to go sprinting after squirrels every morning even though he's basically comatose the other 23 hours of the day.
Oh, she was tuckered out, that's for sure. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I did a little reading this morning on white chillers versus mini fridges. I recently got a compressor-driven chiller, and I'm curious why to buy a more expensive chiller when you can snag a mini fridge (or regular fridge). Apparently, wine chillers are supposed to have more vibration dampening than a regular fridge because vibration can adversely affect wine. Also, the chillers are supposed to maintain humidity whereas fridges drop humidity. Not like there's much difference here in Tucson, though...

The chiller that I got has no internal fan to circulate air. Seems like an odd thing not to have the fan, and I haven't seen in the vast number (read "about three") of online articles/forum threads why it wouldn't.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Eeeee. The couple next door is really nice, but I admit that I was happy when their daughters grew up and moved out because it became quieter. Then, the youngest daughter had a kid. I haven't seen her (or the kid's dad) in a long time, but that kid is there all of the time. First, he's a sweet kid. But...his favorite activities seem to include shoveling rocks into a plastic container, talking loudly, and occasionally wailing. Plus, on the weekends (when I'm actually home), their other daughter comes to visit a lot and brings her young kids.

Yeah, I'm just being a b***h. :eek: :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have nothing to add to the wine cooler topic, other than when I was in France my family stayed with a family we had done an exchange program with through school and we went and stayed a night at one of their friends houses out in the country. That guy was a hardcore wine drinker, had a wine cellar in his house, and had even started making his own wine. As far as I could tell, the purpose of the wine cellar and I'm guessing the wine cooler, is to keep the wine at a certain temperature and humidity, without it being subjected to the temp and humidity changes throughout the day. If that's the case, then I would guess a fan to circulate the air would be somewhat counterproductive unless the unit had something in it that also actively regulated humidity. Then again, I could totally just be talking out of my a$$.

Small children frighten me.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If that's the case, then I would guess a fan to circulate the air would be somewhat counterproductive unless the unit had something in it that also actively regulated humidity. Then again, I could totally just be talking out of my a$$.
I think that you just might be. :p Moving air around inside of a sealed volume wouldn't affect the humidity of the air. Well, unless I'm talking about of my a**. :D

Something that I read this morning clicked a little earlier regarding the fan, in that wine chillers are designed to slowly cool wine down. So, a lot of air circulation would go against that. I expected a fan with a little air movement to reduce gradients within the internal volume, but perhaps they already characterized the gradients and figure that they're minimal under most circumstances. Immediately upon turning it on, I put two thermostats in the chiller to measure gradients. They were about 2-3 degrees F.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I think that you just might be. :p Moving air around inside of a sealed volume wouldn't affect the humidity of the air. Well, unless I'm talking about of my a**. :D
Well there's the problem right there. I thought you were talking about an intake/outake fan, not an internal fan. :D

Something that I read this morning clicked a little earlier regarding the fan, in that wine chillers are designed to slowly cool wine down. So, a lot of air circulation would go against that. I expected a fan with a little air movement to reduce gradients within the internal volume, but perhaps they already characterized the gradients and figure that they're minimal under most circumstances. Immediately upon turning it on, I put two thermostats in the chiller to measure gradients. They were about 2-3 degrees F.
That makes sense.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Typical. About to lock the door and go home and 2 people stroll in. So much for sneaking out early.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
3465_0.jpg
I don't know if I'd ever use it, but I think it looks pretty bada$$.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis