what are you drinking right now ?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I admit it - I just about wet myself when I saw this at the grocery store tonight. :D I either missed it yesterday, or it just got stocked in the past day.

Taste-wise, it's actually kind of bland tasting to me, but not bad. It's got the smoothness of Guinness, but without the bitter aftertaste that I don't like.
Doesn't sound like it was all you hoped it'd be. At least you found some. Have you tried any Belgian Stong Ale's? North coast makes a really good one called Brother Thelonious that is named after Thelonious Monk. One of my favorite American brews.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't sound like it was all you hoped it'd be.
It surprised me, that's for sure. I kind of expected it to have a strong taste that I wouldn't like, yet hoped that it would combine the smoothness of Guinness with the taste of an Irish red. Instead, it seemed to combine the smoothness of Guinness with the taste of water. After buying it, I read reviews online and found a lot of similar sentiment that it tastes watered down. Again, it's not bad, just nothing to worry about if you never get to try it.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
I wondered about how that Guinness would taste. I've looked at the markets but haven't seen it around here yet. Now I won't go out of my way to try and find it.

I noticed Newcastle had a seasonal out, a Nocturnal Ale. I haven't tried them yet but probably will. Noticed a few other winter ales are on the shelves now too. New Belgium had one I didn't remember, Accumulation white IPA. I picked up a Deschutes Jubelale instead. Since my wife was with me I had to limit myself...

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
When did Trader Joe's start selling liquor? The Michigan stores only have beer and wine.
Maybe it's a regional thing. The one I go to in Morgan Hill, CA has a full liquor section.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After drinking about half of one of those Guinness's, I decided to try a boilermaker by pouring just a little bit of whiskey in it. First boilermaker that I've ever had, and since I just saw that scene in Thor recently, I was excited to give it a try. Hmmm. Gave it more taste...sure...but I wouldn't say that it was better. :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
went to a place called sangria tapas y bar in dallas last night, and i had most of a pitcher of sangria. it was ok. imo, sangria should be chilled and served with lots of frozen fruit inside, but their sangria had ice and just a few frozen berries.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Was at the Fredericksburg Oktoberfest yesterday. Unfortunately since it was the tail end of the festivities they didn't have as many things on tap. I was able to try a Perdenales Brewing Oktoberfest, and a Real Ale Oktoberfest. Both were pretty good examples of the style. By the time I made it to the German Beers they didn't have much left, had to settle for a Spaten Oktoberfest, which was still tasty, but I was hoping to taste a HackerPschorr.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
The Ten FIDY is a really good brew, however they do pack a punch. Not the best beer for a school night ;-) I bought several four packs when Cost Plus World Market had their 30% off sale and I've been able to pace myself. Still have 2 four packs left.

I was at Whole Foods today and saw Brooklyn Brewing's Chocolate Stout is out. Didn't stop to get one but I sure will. That's another good one.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
The Ten FIDY is a really good brew, however they do pack a punch. Not the best beer for a school night ;-) I bought several four packs when Cost Plus World Market had their 30% off sale and I've been able to pace myself. Still have 2 four packs left.

I was at Whole Foods today and saw Brooklyn Brewing's Chocolate Stout is out. Didn't stop to get one but I sure will. That's another good one.
I've had Brooklyn Chocolate Stout and yup, it is a good one. The Ten Fidy surprised me.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm looking to buy a nice bottle of tequila... any recommendations for under $50

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai

I was at Whole Foods yesterday. You should have said "Hi". :D They have a decent beer selection, but their prices are high.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
I was at Whole Foods yesterday. You should have said "Hi". :D They have a decent beer selection, but their prices are high.
They're not called 'Whole Paycheck' for nothin! We do most of our shopping elsewhere but they do have some good things that are hard to find elsewhere. Also for things like the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout it's price is pretty standard where ever you go. Same for the Anchor Christmas which should be coming around soon too.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a Herradura man, but I had Gran Centenario for the first time a while back and it's pretty damn good!

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Odell Brewing Company: 90 Shilling Ale
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/267/740

Can't get Odell in Michigan. Hand delivered from Colorado by my brother. At first I was like hmmmmm, then I was like mmmmmm.

New Holland: Cabin Fever Brown Ale
New Holland Cabin Fever Brown Ale - New Holland Brewing Company - Holland, MI - BeerAdvocate
Odell's 90 is a good one. Just drained a quarter keg of their IPA and I'm looking for a porter to replace it.. That time O'year :)
Cheers, Mac

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis