Home Theater Demo Disc

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I downloaded and finally burned the Home Theater Demo Disc v2 and watched some of it today. It's probably one of the coolest HT demo discs I've come across and it looks and sounds amazing. Watching scene after scene meant solely to get the most from your system is something else.

I'm also going to be comparing it to Reference BD Demo Disc and v2. I think these are a must have for anybody who loves HT, is shopping for HT, or who wants to test the limits of their system.

Can't wait until tonight when I get give it a run on the PJ. Anybody else have or try one of these demo discs?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Where can I DL it?
You must have utorrent or another similar program in order to get it, but if you PM me your e-mail address I can e-mail you the torrent file (I can't remember where I got the torrent file from), which should allow you to start downloading it. You can also go to AVS and try to find the link to the torrent, although scubasteve isn't providing support for it anymore I believe. Once you start downloading the torrent you should set your upload limit to the minimum and the download limit to the max, this will help speed things up, but may still take a few days. If you want I can send you the torrent files for the other two reference HT demo discs as well.

Make sure you have plenty of space, they are 49.59 GB, 40GB, and 37GB each.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The cover art and then the the cover art where it belongs, inside a blu-ray case

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Darn I don't have a BD burner. I'll look into one at Christmas time. Thanks for the info. Nice cover aRT.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Is it legal to sell (or give away) copies? If so, maybe Fuzz can hook you up. :) Well, and maybe me, too... :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Be sure to seed after you download...nobody likes a leech :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
what is a demo disk
A demo disc is a collection of scenes meant specifically to show off your system. These discs are divided into scences meant to show off the quality of your display, your subwoofers, and your surround sound. I believe on the Reference BD's there is also a music section as well.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The Reference BD Demo Disc V1 gets two thumbs up. Very well done.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
I'll take a hit too while you're passing it around.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Reference Demo v2 has been burned and tested successfully. Excellent quality, just like the others. I haven't watched all the clips, but everything seems to be functioning perfectly.

I have to say, each disc offers something a little different and even though there is overlap, no two are the same. I would say the most overlap exists between the two v1's, but each has a little something to offer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis