Home Theater Demo Disc

Y

yetiboy

Enthusiast
Yeah, that sounds like the files I have as part of the original - BDMV is the (oddly and confusingly titled) filename, not the extension/filetype. Not sure why that was chosen as the filename.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I don't. Anyone I've talked to who has a PS3 and has tried to use them, they haven't worked. Since I don't have one I can't experiement and see why they're not working. I've looked through the original threads on AVS and they should work so I don't know what's going on.

On as aside, I burned mine as BDMV files, not AVCHD.
I also confirm, didn't work in my PS3, but worked fine in my Panasonic 220.

I think the PS3 has a lot more restrictions b/c they are afraid of pirated games.

Y

yetiboy

Enthusiast
I'm going to ask everyone for a huge favour. I'm going to try to reproduce Reference Blu-Ray Demo v2 as a mountable disc image so those of us who do not have Blu-Ray burners (which, I would imagine, is most of us) will be able to use it via media server. Obviously I won't be able to make it exactly the same as the original, but I'd like to try to at least preserve all of the information included. So, to do so, I need someone to provide me with the following for each track on the disc:

1. Source for each clip (eg. "Cowboys and Aliens")
2. Clip title (eg. "Can You Swim?")
3. Clip description (eg. "LFE output is both assertive and nuanced.")

Ideally this would be in the order they appear on the disc, since I'm not likely to be familiar with every single track and might have difficulty identifying some if they're out of order. The rest of the info (eg. director, year, etc.) I should be able to find easily on my own and the track info (eg. length, bit rate, etc.) will come up automatically when I go to burn it.

Hopefully someone can help me out and provide this info to me. Once it's created I can upload and share it via torrent - although since my max upload rate is about 25kB/s, it'll probably take a good month to get it uploaded entirely to my server.

Thanks!

brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yetiboy

Enthusiast
Ummm, holy crap - I had no idea a Blu-Ray burner could be found for so cheap! Maybe that's an idea for the future - still wouldn't help me in this situation though, since my PS3 won't read the original discs. I need to convert it into a format that's readable by a PS3, and I'm hoping a mountable disc (ie. .iso) will do the trick. Thanks for the heads up though, I'm going to keep my eye out for a burner!

brad

Y

yetiboy

Enthusiast
Anyone willing to do this at all? I realize it's a pretty big job, but I'm pretty sure there are more people out there than just me who either a) don't have a blu-ray burner or b) use a PS3 as their blu-ray player. If you are, please let me know so I can stop pestering the forum :)

brad

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dang have to get to watching the other 2 discs. Good thing I have mostly all that NEW demo stuff on BD, phew.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Dang have to get to watching the other 2 discs. Good thing I have mostly all that NEW demo stuff on BD, phew.
This disc is only 35 minutes and can be burned on DVD-DL making it much more universal and easier/cheaper to download and burn. Plus it'll fit on a flash drive extremely easily.

Y

yetiboy

Enthusiast
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. I had no idea the disc was actually made by a forum member and that they'd provided all the info (plus more!) Thanks for the link, fuzz!

Just at a glance, while I like that the new disc is significantly more compact, I prefer to have a wider selection of material - in particular the music samples.

brad

superleo

superleo

Audiophyte
Hi Guys, I stumbled into this thread, and read that some of you wanted to play these discs with PS3.
The Blu-Ray discs play perfectly with PS3, there are no problems what so ever. The Reference and Reference 2 discs can also be burned to BD9s, which are DVD double sided media with high definition content. The PS3 was some trouble playing these type of discs since they are not AVCHD disc perse. However, most bluray players will play BD9s with no problem. There is a work around to play these on a PS3, as someone was mentioning to use an external drive. If you use MultiAVCHD to convert the disc to an AVCHD that would play on an external drive these discs play perfectly with menus and everything. There is a "howto" on the original thread on the first page.

I know this thread has not been active in awhile, but if I can answer any questions be more than happy to.

M

michaeltrottar

Banned
I actually have it conventional hardwired, but my laptop usually isn't. I could quickly connect in if required, though. It would just be much easier if I could just use a disk or USB key. I'll have to analyze it out to see if I can realize success.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Decided to try out three more Demo discs. I already downloaded the Best of the Best Demo Disc which can fit on a DVD-DL so that was pretty nifty. Now I'm currently in the process of downloading the Ultimate Bass Demo V1 and V2 plus the Reelwood Demo Disc. It'll take a few days, but they should be pretty fun.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Oh Cool! Darn I was thinking about the other 2 disc the other day That I have not seen yet. Maybe this weekend. :) Be sure to post the new covers Fuzz.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
This is the cover art for the Reelwood Demo. I'm not sure if the Ultimate discs have cover art or not, but I'm looking.

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
I love the cover of the bass demo disc because there is a teeny tiny TV under the 'No Smoking' sign. I literally LOL'd :D.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
These discs are downloading so much faster than the other ones. Knock on wood, but it looks like the longest one will take is about 2-3 days and the other two will take less than 24hrs. This means I might even get to play with one or two this weekend. Score.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
This is the cover art for the Reelwood Demo. I'm not sure if the Ultimate discs have cover art or not, but I'm looking.

Where can I get the links for those discs? I've not seen them before.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis