How do we see who dinged our reputation?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I just a noticed that someone conferred some negative reputation on me, but I can't see which member did it. Is this feature really anonymous?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I just a noticed that someone conferred some negative reputation on me, but I can't see which member did it. Is this feature really anonymous?
AFAIK it always used to be unless the person signed it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, it's anonymous. Plus, people can type in anyone's name when they give rep, positive or negative. You should always take those "signatures" with a grain of salt.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I can't even count the number of negative reps I've given with Adam's "signature" :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm... what a cowardly feature. I think I know who the perpetrator was, and I'll just ignore his posts.

Gene - is this feature really necessary? Or are we stuck with it, because the vBulletin reputation system is an all or nothing proposition?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Gene will probably not respond. This has went round and round over the years. Anyone who does not sign their rep is a gutless turd but there is really no recourse.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
If I don't like a post, I ding Adam and sign it from Adam. It drives him nuts.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Your reply reminded me... aren't you a school teacher? :D
Welllll, not quite. :D A grateful school district has yet to have the privilege of hiring me and basking in my greatness. :rolleyes:

I'm putting off moving south in search of jobs, but it may be sooner rather than later at this point.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Wait wait... There is reputation? Learn something new everyday.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Wait wait... There is reputation?
Indeed. I think the various levels at this forum are interesting:
X will become famous soon enough
X has a spectacular aura about
X is a jewel in the rough
X is a glorious beacon of light
X is just really nice
X is a name known to all
X is a splendid one to behold
X has much to be proud of
X has a brilliant future

I wouldn't mind being a glorious beacon of light :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It doesn't really mean anything. Went over this with the other Irv a while back too. The more rep a person has, the more "dinging" it does to you too, so since you are green, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis