How do we see who dinged our reputation?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Lol, I got dinged like crazy during the subwoofer isolation pad debates aka the great gramma wars of 2011, I don't think my reputation will ever recover from that one. Still, no one who ever dinged me signed their names or said why, at the most they just left a short insult. Personally I don't really care, but it does make the forum seem cliquish and probably not as attractive to new users as it could be. After all, who wants to stay around after gaining a handful of mean red thingies after only 15 or 20 posts. If you disagree with someone, argue about it openly in a civil manner, and if it's off-topic or inappropriate to the public conversation, take it to a PM, but these reputation things can be a vehicle for some ridiculous passive aggressive behavior. I think the forum would be better off without it overall. By the way, I have never left any reputation feedback on anyone, positive or negative.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I also got dinged when I said I noticed no benefit from my gramma :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Well, some other (the same?) anonymous coward, you know, a close friend of mine, dinged me again, this one claiming that my post in the Funk 18.0 review thread was inappropriate. Isn't this brilliant:

considering that you spent the money on a DD18+ you dont really have any freedom of speach on the topic of costs and value
Yes, I support free speach.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Irv maybe someone dinged you because they thought you were me?

I don't really approve of the whole red dot green dot thing, some may remember a thread about that, lol...

I think if you ding someone negative, it should have to show your name, don't be a coward, I got a little pissed because for the most part I try to give new comers advice, and if I have a bunch of red, it may make them think twice about what I say... {they probably should think 3 times, but whos counting}.

My point is, if you ding someone red, you should have to fight them, not like a street fight, but a real cage match, I will setup an account for the air fare, and my gym has a cage, so... What do we have to do to make this happen? {of course, I only say this because my shoulder is better :D }... We came sell pay per view tickets and email the payers a link to the live feed... Probably be pretty profitable... I know Bryce would be down, he probably has a list bigger than mine... lol...

in all seriousness, Irv, you have been here a while for someone to hurt your rep they are probably a regular, go back to the date and time of the negative, and then go back to the posts you made before that, you will figure it out... I just sent you some positive... I am always getting thanked by newbees so my rep stays low..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Whatever you're chiclet bar shows, people can figure out if you're helpful or not. Most newbies probably don't even notice that bar, and people that have been here for a while know that it doesn't actually signify knowledge or helpfulness. It can, but it can also mean that you rubbed someone (or a group of someones) the wrong way. Plus, someone can be really helpful on some topics and not others. I come here to try and be helpful, but mostly I come here because I like the people here and enjoy socializing. I don't give negative rep (except to soon-to-be-banned spammers just to let it out...it feels good sometimes :p), and I don't plan to ever start. I figure that I don't insult or put down my friends in person, so why would I do that here?

The way that I see it - eat, drink, post, and be merry. :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Whatever you're chiclet bar shows, people can figure out if you're helpful or not. Most newbies probably don't even notice that bar, and people that have been here for a while know that it doesn't actually signify knowledge or helpfulness. It can, but it can also mean that you rubbed someone (or a group of someones) the wrong way. Plus, someone can be really helpful on some topics and not others. I come here to try and be helpful, but mostly I come here because I like the people here and enjoy socializing. I don't give negative rep (except to soon-to-be-banned spammers just to let it out...it feels good sometimes :p), and I don't plan to ever start. I figure that I don't insult or put down my friends in person, so why would I do that here?

That is enough from you, Adam. You are just afraid of the cage, lol... always trying to make people happy and understand, who does that, what are you santa claus,

but seriously if you are santa, stop spending so much of my money on my family..

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

I ding Adam negatively all time. It just makes me feel good. :eek: :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I think thats the other way around, look at that statement you just made, punctuation perfect, you used an apostrophe, and didnt misspell anything... I never use apostrophes because I always hit the ; button by accident and its a pain in the @ss, I wish I could swap them two buttons... I tried swapping the keys but the stupid computer doesn;t sense it!!! {thats a joke, and I called "its funny"...}

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
everyone is afraid the first time, but no where on earth will you learn more about yourself... The trick is putting two first timers together, plus its funny to watch, more like 2 mimes dancing than fighting...

I have a friend of mine that always wanted to try it {40 years old, fixes cash registers for supermarkets, in really good shape}, so I got another buddy about his size and aggression, but a fighter- 15 years in... So they met, 20 minutes later I showed him a few things and they get in the ring... 40 seconds in, he knocks out JJ, full gear, reverse punch {old school backfist} from Australia!!!! Turns out he has survival instincts and a hidden super aggression, never been in a fight in his life, said he has been in 2 verbal arguments in his entire life!!! Now he does in constantly, takes ammy fights once a month like clockwork... So you never know, Adam, come on up for a week, who knows we might have you hunting by the time you go home, lol OK probably not...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I also have survival instincts...and a weak bladder. Yeah, I'm more of a "flight" kind of guy. :eek:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Gene will probably not respond. This has went round and round over the years. Anyone who does not sign their rep is a gutless turd but there is really no recourse.
I finally figured it out, and the identity of the anonymous perpetrator was a complete surprise. Well, maybe not so complete after all. I must be getting mentally lame in my old age, it took me six months to figure it out.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I finally figured it out, and the identity of the anonymous perpetrator was a complete surprise. Well, maybe not so complete after all. I must be getting mentally lame in my old age, it took me six months to figure it out.
Do you mind sharing how you figured it out?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds/looks like you were working on this for a while . Remember to share this relevant info for those inquiring minds lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis