How do we see who dinged our reputation?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Do you mind sharing how you figured it out?
Two things, first, he used the same grammatical idiosyncrasy in a public post. There's a second factor, but if I revealed it the person's identity might be revealed, and that would be a classless act.

Thank you to whoever it was who gave me some positive reputation, and told me that I'm not as smart as I think I am. I'm sure that's the case, and I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Sounds/looks like you were working on this for a while.
I wasn't really working on it, but the original ding had a tinge of personal attack to it that just stuck in my mind. You know, like the situation where someone doesn't like you and you're not sure why, so it keeps you curious.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
You could post the comment they left so we can try to figure out who it is :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I am super curious now, I have gotten dinged so many times its not funny and the only one with balls enough to sign it was Alex {he was doing it in alex's honor, can't be mad about that, just sticking up for his girl:D }, the others never signed the negatives....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I am super curious now, I have gotten dinged so many times its not funny and the only one with balls enough to sign it was Alex {he was doing it in alex's honor, can't be mad about that, just sticking up for his girl:D }, the others never signed the negatives....
That's just confusing. Please stick to people's official names in the future. Alex/Monkey Man/B!tch Tits and YAA/(Insert Stereotypical Asian Remark)

:p :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
A friend at work once told me that he can identify my posts, emails, and texts easily; I'm the only person he knows who regularly uses semicolons. [sigh]

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I meant Adams honor, thats what happens when Im posting and eating a pb & J, {sorry PB2 and J :D, Im addicted to this stuff}..

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Afiak the person with deepest knowledge of AH rep system is Alex. It also happens to be that he has the most rep points than anyone around here by far. That means that then he is giving positive or negative rep it has very drastic effect on the receiver's rep points

To see what list, go to community->Member list and click on reputation to sort it. To see your own rep points - go to settings and on the first page it shows under [h=2]Latest Reputation Received (92074 point(s) total)[/h]
92k is my humble score, I'd have it even higher, if not for one silly argument I got in with Gene a long while ago :eek:

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
92k is my humble score, I'd have it even higher, if not for one silly argument I got in with Gene a long while ago :eek:
Humble score? Ha! That's a huge score, and you're on the first page of results, out of over 1000 pages...

Frankly, I wish this reputation system would just go away. It's a very clumsy feature.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
92k is my humble score...
It is amazing that 92k is "humble" these days. Back when a number of us started, 100 points was a big accomplishment. I mean, a huge one. I was in a race years ago to try to be the first non-admin, non-mod to hit 2000 points (when you get "Should be listened to"). That was back in the days before "thanks," to tell you newbies how ancient some of us are. :D When I hit 10k, Alex made a crack that I could leave for years before anyone would catch me. Of course, that wasn't the case (nor would it ever have been) because, as most of you know, the amount of rep you give out is a function of how many points you have. So, as people get more points, more points get handed out, so people get even more points, and hand out even more points...and so it goes. There was a very slow start in the beginning, but such a system will explode once it reaches a certain point.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Tell me about it. On some levels it's kinda cheap that someone can climb the ranks in months where others it took years, but I guess if you're being helpful and contributing you reap what you sow. You gotta do something to either be smacked down or lifted up and if one of the guys with that many rep points thinks you deserve the huge boost, then you must be doing something right/good.

It is amazing that 92k is "humble" these days. Back when a number of us started, 100 points was a big accomplishment. I mean, a huge one. I was in a race years ago to try to be the first non-admin, non-mod to hit 2000 points (when you get "Should be listened to"). That was back in the days before "thanks," to tell you newbies how ancient some of us are. :D When I hit 10k, Alex made a crack that I could leave for years before anyone would catch me. Of course, that wasn't the case (nor would it ever have been) because, as most of you know, the amount of rep you give out is a function of how many points you have. So, as people get more points, more points get handed out, so people get even more points, and hand out even more points...and so it goes. There was a very slow start in the beginning, but such a system will explode once it reaches a certain point.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
As I was looking at the list I was mentally calculating an effectiveness metric, reputation points divided by post count...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
As I was looking at the list I was mentally calculating an effectiveness metric, reputation points divided by post count...
Is that just a musing? I don't think there's a way to know how many rep points another user has without them spilling the beans. Interesting idea though.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
And a forum value metric, reputation points multiplied by post count...

:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
And a forum value metric, reputation points multiplied by post count...

:D
Well sh!t, if you're going to do that, might as well be forum post X rep points + Thanks received + (thanks given/2).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis