Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Rack is here and installed.

I like it, simple yet refined.

Easy loading of bikes.

Minimal length gained on car and easily fits in my garage when folded and on the car.

Now carry on, this is a HT forum not a dang bike and car hitch forum....
Very nice indeed. Any trouble mounting? How did the drilling go?
How do you bring your music with you when you ride? Ipod and earbuds?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Cool. Panasonic's store now shows the DMP-BDT230 shipping in 1-3 business days. It's not on Amazon, yet, but that's a good sign.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Very nice indeed. Any trouble mounting? How did the drilling go?
How do you bring your music with you when you ride? Ipod and earbuds?
No the hitch took 30 minutes to install, no drilling involved and everything lined up perfectly. Had I used a floor jack, I bet I could have done in in 10 minutes but I just propped it up with a bucket and a 2x4.

The rack came in twp parts that just slide together and you tighten two bolts. It then slides in the receiver (like Alex) and you tighten an expansion bolt that locks it in. They use a special bolt head and make the tool themselves so the rack can't be removed without the tool.

They offer 100% replacement if the rack is ever stolen. I guess someone with the same rack would have the same tool and could steal it but what's the chance of that?

My wife hates it and says it looks like a scooter rack that old people have on their cars.

I thought I would like the silver but I think I should have went with black.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
My wife hates it and says it looks like a scooter rack that old people have on their cars.

I wonder why. Black in the Texas sun would be a dumb move.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I wonder why. Black in the Texas sun would be a dumb move.
I just spoke with the Manufacturer and he said about the same thing. Plus he said, in the Texas sun, the black will fade in two years.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
No the hitch took 30 minutes to install, no drilling involved and everything lined up perfectly. Had I used a floor jack, I bet I could have done in in 10 minutes but I just propped it up with a bucket and a 2x4.

The rack came in twp parts that just slide together and you tighten two bolts. It then slides in the receiver (like Alex) and you tighten an expansion bolt that locks it in. They use a special bolt head and make the tool themselves so the rack can't be removed without the tool.

They offer 100% replacement if the rack is ever stolen. I guess someone with the same rack would have the same tool and could steal it but what's the chance of that?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got the Nike fuel band and I think it's a cool little device. Definitely helps motivate me to get off my butt.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Left work early, stopped by Trader Joe's and got ~four months worth of mint treats for Niki, ate dinner, started drinking, and played two games of StarCraft II with my brother. Good weekend so far. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I find a mirror to be my motivation.
I couldn't see the mirror from the couch :p

Finally got my sub back from the repairs it needed. Covered under warranty but had to pay shipping both ways. Between the problems, the shipping charges, and the missed deadlines I'm not sure I'd buy another. That being said, the performance is hard to deny. I had to tame the bass level wayyyy down after integrating this back into the HT system. Now I have three subs running with the HT and one going with the Phils in a 2.1 system for a total of 4 subs. Hopefully I can get started on the dual opposed soon, but again, waiting on other people.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I kind'o like the speed 'Larry's boys' are doing now, going across San Francisco bay is a really quick affair now
The real action starts at the 1:13 mark :eek: .....

According to what I understand, chief helsmsman: James Spithill took a pilot's certificate in order to better his skills to sail the boat faster..... where is this going, become a pilot for an airplane in order to sail faster :D

Last edited by a moderator:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Well, Kiwi's are not doing soo bad too......

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis