Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Oh please do. And you must do a shot of tequila every 15 minutes to keep it really interesting. You can leave the duck out if you like.
OK but leave this thread open only for discussion of the install- no riff-raff the rest of the day.

I hope it comes in early as my wife is going to kill me if it gets here once she is home.

Instead of just purchasing something without telling her as normal; I decided to discuss my need for a new bike rack. She asked what was wrong with the bike rack I had and I told her I was tired of having to take off the front tires to load the bikes.

Her response was a firm "absolutely not" so I ordered it the next morning. The new rack comes tomorrow and if I already have the hitch installed, she won't try to make me send the rack back.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
OK but leave this thread open only for discussion of the install- no riff-raff the rest of the day.

I hope it comes in early as my wife is going to kill me if it gets here once she is home.

Instead of just purchasing something without telling her as normal; I decided to discuss my need for a new bike rack. She asked what was wrong with the bike rack I had and I told her I was tired of having to take off the front tires to load the bikes.

Her response was a firm "absolutely not" so I ordered it the next morning. The new rack comes tomorrow and if I already have the hitch installed, she won't try to make me send the rack back.
Actually now I want the video of you telling her that line of bull. The best scenario is it gets there an hour before. So you will have 4 shots in you plus be about half way through the install. Just sent the camera up for the whole thing. We can edit it later.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
First question:

In the video of the hitch install, it shows some type of special tool to get the exhaust out of the hangers. Can I just use channel-locks?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Yes but two pairs may be easier. One to hold the exhaust pipe hanger and the other to hold onto the rubber part.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes but two pairs may be easier. One to hold the exhaust pipe hanger and the other to hold onto the rubber part.
I have two pairs so I should be good there.

It seems I have to also remove the tie down strap. What is that?

I am impressed that you think I can do this in 2 hours. I don't have a lift or a jack so I am just crawling under it and will try to hold it up with my knee as I install it.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Tie strap for the muffler? It is possible that there is a strap that goes around the muffler and then connects to another hanger. These are usually bolted on so you will need your socket set.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Tie strap for the muffler? It is possible that there is a strap that goes around the muffler and then connects to another hanger. These are usually bolted on so you will need your socket set.
Oh, I got it figured out. It is a tie-down tow strap like you would use to strap your car to a trailer. It is bolted into the frame where the hitch needs to mount.

I slid right up under the car and loosed the 4 bolts on it just to make sure I could. I do have a nice set of hand tools.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai

Offer to buy her a new rack...:)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Offer to buy her a new rack...:)
It's been offered and was denied...

The kicker is-one of the reasons she said I couldn't buy the new rack was because "I have spent too much money this month". If you subtract the $6,000 I gave her to pay off her car this month, I have only spent $173...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Oh wait...I do have a non-hitch question.

I am going to allow this one off topic question...

My Galaxy S3 did some type of update this morning and everything seems normal except one issue.

It placed my wife's contact info under my name and it won't let me change it out of my name. It still shows my contact info under a second "Greg Cheesman" but it added a second "Greg". It still has her picture and her contact info but it's under my name. I can go in there and change it back to her name but it doesn't save it and reverts back to my name.

Suggestions on this?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It's been offered and was denied...

The kicker is-one of the reasons she said I couldn't buy the new rack was because "I have spent too much money this month". If you subtract the $6,000 I gave her to pay off her car this month, I have only spent $173...
You can spend too much money? :eek:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Oh wait...I do have a non-hitch question.

I am going to allow this one off topic question...

My Galaxy S3 did some type of update this morning and everything seems normal except one issue.

It placed my wife's contact info under my name and it won't let me change it out of my name. It still shows my contact info under a second "Greg Cheesman" but it added a second "Greg". It still has her picture and her contact info but it's under my name. I can go in there and change it back to her name but it doesn't save it and reverts back to my name.

Suggestions on this?
Never mind...it did some weird Google connect thing. I turned off that "link" and it's back to normal.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I find it strange that I just carb-loaded to prepare for the install.

Now where is that big brown truck?????????????

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
A watched brown truck never arrives. You have to go to the 7-11 and it will show right up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis