Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Between the common core curriculum coming next year, the general lack of parenting I see in 20-80% of kids depending on region and the socioeconomic status of the area, and the general hatred of teachers in rural NY I think it's about time to seriously consider getting out while I'm still relatively young. Glad I wasted 6 years :rolleyes:
You could always move to some place where teachers are respected and not hated ...

Steve

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
You could always move to some place where teachers are respected and not hated ...

Steve
This is true, but I kinda like it here :D

I mean, my family has lived in this town for about 100 years, owned a small business here for about 65 years, hell we even have a road named after us. I could always move to Florida, but for about $30K and 1.5-2 years I can have another career to fall back on. Since I have no loans from under grad or grad school, I figure I might as well.

Plus, if my next degree is in web development I can make the Philharmonic site prettier :p

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
This is true, but I kinda like it here :D

I mean, my family has lived in this town for about 100 years, owned a small business here for about 65 years, hell we even have a road named after us. I could always move to Florida, but for about $30K and 1.5-2 years I can have another career to fall back on. Since I have no loans from under grad or grad school, I figure I might as well.

Plus, if my next degree is in web development I can make the Philharmonic site prettier :p
Haha, I've never pointed out that I noticed your last name and the street the amp was shipped on matched..... But I totally noticed that :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Haha, I've never pointed out that I noticed your last name and the street the amp was shipped on matched..... But I totally noticed that :p
The funniest part is when I'm talking to someone in person or on the phone and they need my address. There's always that moment of hesitation when they hear the road I live on like they want to ask, but then decide not too for fear of an awkward moment. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah I know... It just made me chuckle. It's like some kind of boring thread love child.:eek::D :confused:
Sometimes there's so much love here I'm worried something like this might actually happen, but come out...........not as we intended. Then Bryce chimes in and I remember it already happened :p :eek: :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Between the common core curriculum coming next year, the general lack of parenting I see in 20-80% of kids depending on region and the socioeconomic status of the area, and the general hatred of teachers in rural NY I think it's about time to seriously consider getting out while I'm still relatively young. Glad I wasted 6 years :rolleyes:
"Huh, this might not be easy. I'm out." What if pimps thought like that?! :eek:

Then again, everybody loves a quitter. :p

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
"Huh, this might not be easy. I'm out." What if pimps thought like that?! :eek:

Then again, everybody loves a quitter. :p
Haha, actually I've been thinking of changing careers ever since starting my masters. I found myself enjoying the technology stuff a lot and hating all the extra stuff that went along with the teaching profession. Its come to the point where 75% of what teachers do isn't actually teaching anymore, at least in public schools.

I'd probably be less of a quitter if all the teachers I already know weren't telling to run screaming from the profession as it is :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'd probably be less of a quitter if all the teachers I already know weren't telling to run screaming from the profession as it is :rolleyes:
Of course they're telling you that - they fear the competition. :D "Woah, that guy is plugging his phone into a USB outlet. Genius! I wish that I'd thought of that...young bastard."

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Sometimes there's so much love here I'm worried something like this might actually happen, but come out...........not as we intended. Then Bryce chimes in and I remember it already happened :p :eek: :D
That's not even funny :( that kinda hurt!!!!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Of course they're telling you that - they fear the competition. :D "Woah, that guy is plugging his phone into a USB outlet. Genius! I wish that I'd thought of that...young bastard."
I don't know if you realize how true that last bit is, but its scary :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Love the kremlin exploding scene. Tons of low bass in that short scene.

Spent much time in prison or Australia monk? :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis