what are you drinking right now ?

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Remy Martin V and coke. It was pretty good, idk if a bottle is worth $40 though.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Those look interesting I'll have to see if I can find them locally. Looks like Specs doesn't carry them so I'll have to look a little further.
You most likely will not find Bolt Cutter. It was a limited release back in November in bottles. You might...might...find it on tap. I know a few bars/resturants got it.

Imperial Stout came out a little over a week ago.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm definitely interested in trying an Imperial Stout. I may have to look for a pint.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
You most likely will not find Bolt Cutter. It was a limited release back in November in bottles. You might...might...find it on tap. I know a few bars/resturants got it.

Imperial Stout came out a little over a week ago.
Yeah, looks like I'm outta luck. I used the locator on the website and for any beer it came back with only a few places, closest ones were in the midwest. Nothing in TX.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Yeah, looks like I'm outta luck. I used the locator on the website and for any beer it came back with only a few places, closest ones were in the midwest. Nothing in TX.
Unfortunately, Founders has limited distribution.

founders2.jpg

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
12 oz coke with double shot of Pyrat Rum. I'd read a review that said this rum was made for coke and that was the truth. My gosh it's amazing in coke definitely better than Bacardi IMO.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
12 oz coke with double shot of Pyrat Rum. I'd read a review that said this rum was made for coke and that was the truth. My gosh it's amazing in coke definitely better than Bacardi IMO.
Well it's the truth for at least two people now, lol. It's known as a sipping rum, blended in Anguilla from 15 Caribbean rums, and is owned by the same company that owns Patron tequila.

Bacardi, I do not consider that to be rum. I think it is more similar to vodka than rum.

I think Mount Gay Eclipse is one of the great values out there in spirits, good enough even for sipping, but can be found for real cheap particularly in a handle.

Myself, I'm a rhum agricole snob. :p

An entertaining book on rum is this here.
And a Bottle of Rum: A History of the New World in Ten Cocktails: Wayne Curtis: 9780307338624: Amazon.com: Books

Rum is a very American spirit, it's what George Washington and Paul Revere drank for instance. The prevalence of whiskey didn't happen until people moved westward away from the seaboard where they found fertile soils for grains and corn. They would have these huge crops, but it was too difficult or expensive to ship it by land to sell on the eastern seaboard. This was ameliorated a bit by the opening of the Erie Canal, as shipping by water is a lot cheaper. Anyway, so what did they do with all the excess crops? Turn it into whiskey. A horse might carry four bushels of wheat turned into flour, but as whiskey that would turn into 24 bushels. I learned this from the book above. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
ameliorated

past participle, past tense of a·me·lio·rate

Verb
Make (something bad or unsatisfactory) better.

:)

All I need now is for someone to pronounce it for me.:eek:

Just picking on ya! I like to learn something new now and again.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Now...I bought a make your own six pack at Wegmans...and a 4 pack of 90min IPA. (Rick will be so proud!;))

The six are:
Brooklyn Brown Ale
Stone IPA
New castle Founders Ale
Troegs Troegenator Doublebock
Yards Brawler Pugilist Style Ale
Guinness

First up....New castle Founders Ale.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Now...I bought a make your own six pack at Wegmans...and a 4 pack of 90min IPA. (Rick will be so proud!;))

The six are:
Brooklyn Brown Ale
Stone IPA
New castle Founders Ale
Troegs Troegenator Doublebock
Yards Brawler Pugilist Style Ale
Guinness

First up....New castle Founders Ale.
Nice!
You know...if you dump the Founders Ale and Guinness down the sink now.
I'll stop making fun of you.:D;)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
All I need now is for someone to pronounce it for me.:eek:

Just picking on ya! I like to learn something new now and again.
Almost like the female name to start with, "Amelia-rate". Lots of online dictionaries have a pronunciation function, just click on the speaker looking icon.
ameliorated - definition of ameliorated by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I was preparing an elaborate comeback with the rum name, but I give up now. lol

I actually picked up some Guinness for the first time in a very long time. Sometimes it's decent to me for how low the ABV is (for when I'm driving), at 4.2%. (I believe in Ireland and other places it could be 4.3%; why any difference at all, I've no idea.) It's definitely the weakest beer I currently have.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis