Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Woke up to 0 F this morning. It didn't feel as cold as yesterday's 5 F though. Must have been the lack of wind. The cats spent the night in the house. Didn't want to find frozen kittycycles at my door in the morning.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
She needs to see a doctor if it's emitting a sound like that.
I doubt if Doug knows where the noise is coming from. Since he hasn't been allowed anywhere near it for a very long while...
Just sayin.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I'm fine with spices, but I have to go lightly with them, because the wife and daughter don't like anything too spicy.:rolleyes: That said, I might be able to add a bit of chili powder.

I had to Google "mirepoix". I normally sauté veggies in that manner, but I had no idea that it had a name. This recipe called for sautéing (sp?) the onions and apples only. Maybe next time I'll add the garlic at this stage as well. Have to be careful with the garlic, as it's so easy to overcook it.

I love chili! Trouble is, the girls won't eat peas/beans.:rolleyes: They drive me nuts sometimes. That's a massive group of meals that I can't make, because it'd be just me eating them, not to mention the missed health benefits.:mad:

Thanks for the tips though.:)
Hey GN, another idea came up. My main foodie mentor is having a bday party next week, and I was thinking of making a Shepherd's Pie for the first time in nearly a year (easy to transport, it's not expensive to make, relatively easy, good winter type food, rather filling so that many people can have some). I think I will have it all assembled, with potatoes sitting on top of the browned meat in a cast iron casserole, and just finish off the bake in their oven.

Anyway, I was just looking around for possible variations, and I saw that basically all kinds of meats (or vegetarian too for that matter) including ground turkey are made as far as "cottage pie" variations. This dish probably takes a tad bit more time, but OTOH it really tastes great as leftovers (you can nuke it). Oh wait, you say they don't like peas, LOL. Ok, you can still use the corn and carrots, and perhaps whatever else you think of. It's about 45 min prep. Rest is wait and salivate pretty much. I think. You can crank the oven temp to wait less for the browning of the potato layer, or just forget it, eat it before it even browns. Diced potatoes are ready to mash after only 10 min boil.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I find it amusing that on the main forum page, in the topic of Musical Goodness, directly to the right, I read: "Where do you get high... by MidnightSensi2". :p

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
If I want to get high, I'll just lift myself up on a pallet with my Lull machine...

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
What is it about some tracks that make you want to test the limits of your own ear drums? Why is it louder when you've had a glass of scotch? :) Three days off coming up for me... Ya know, from screwing around like I do most days...

I'm really excited about UPS showing up here tomorrow. Small HTPC for the Love Domain (my bedroom where I'm almost always the only occupant) should be completed this weekend!

I suck at life.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I suck at life.
Come on man! You're a professional golfer, at what, 30? When I was 30, I swallowed a button. Who sucks at life now?

On an unrelated note...

"I won a math debate I won a math debate I won a math debate I won a math debate"

Last edited by a moderator:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Come on man! You're a professional golfer, at what, 30? When I was 30, I swallowed a button. Who sucks at life now?

On an unrelated note...

"I won a math debate I won a math debate I won a math debate I won a math debate"
Man.. you are one pathetic loser- no offense....

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis