ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Contrary to popular belief, that's my goal all year long. :D
oh boy, adams drunk... :) But soon, I too will be... Figure take the wife out one last time before the world ends tonight, going to the whistle stop cafe if anyone wants to join us, I'll buy..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
oh boy, adams drunk... :) But soon, I too will be... Figure take the wife out one last time before the world ends tonight, going to the whistle stop cafe if anyone wants to join us, I'll buy..
Nah, not drunk...yet. :p This morning was the first time in a LONG time that I felt a little hung over, so I'm taking it easy tonight. I'm a lightweight, so me being hung over doesn't really mean much of a bender.

Have a great time tonight! I keep forgetting that the world is supposed to end tomorrow. I keep thinking it's the 22nd. Eh, whatever. I've got pizza in the fridge. Bring it.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Nah, not drunk...yet. :p This morning was the first time in a LONG time that I felt a little hung over, so I'm taking it easy tonight. I'm a lightweight, so me being hung over doesn't really mean much of a bender.

Have a great time tonight! I keep forgetting that the world is supposed to end tomorrow. I keep thinking it's the 22nd. Eh, whatever. I've got pizza in the fridge. Bring it.
I told my son the world cant end tomorrow because we still have milk in the fridge that doesn't expire until the 30th, he excepted it and went to bed...

It doesn't take much to get a hang over, its usually caused by dehydration, I always drink a gallon of water rite before I go to bed, works like a charm, except 3 hours later I have to wake up and stumble to the urinal {when we built the house, I opted for the urinal, best for anyone drunk and in the dark {I can never find light switches when Im drunk}... Way less likely to fall over with a urinal then a regular water closet... free advice, from me to whoever wants it..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Good advice on the water, and I know about the dehydration part of it. I woke up around 2am and knew that I should drink some water, but I just didn't feel like it. Even at about 6am when I tried to drink some, it was tough to get any down. Honestly, I'm not sure if it was from alcohol or just not feeling well, but my money is on the alcohol.

I went on a kick in college where I'd drink half a gallon of water right before bed. That lasted maybe a week. I hated waking up in the middle of the night and having to sprint through the hall in the dorm to the bathroom. :)

As for a urinal - yep, I fell asleep at one in the men's bathroom on my dorm floor in college. Went to use it and someone was next to me, closed my eyes for "a second," opened them back up, and it was someone different next to me. And there was a girl washing dishes at the nearby sink.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So, I opened my mail today to see that my credit card company closed the dispute and recharged me the full amount. The resolution was listed as being that there was no proof that the merchandise was returned, but they closed the case after telling me to return it but before UPS had delivered it. Soooo, I'm on live chat with them now. I figure that it'll get cleared up and that it was just a mix up, but it's a bit worrisome that I now don't have the amp nor the money.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
So, I opened my mail today to see that my credit card company closed the dispute and recharged me the full amount. The resolution was listed as being that there was no proof that the merchandise was returned, but they closed the case after telling me to return it but before UPS had delivered it. Soooo, I'm on live chat with them now. I figure that it'll get cleared up and that it was just a mix up, but it's a bit worrisome that I now don't have the amp nor the money.
WTF sounds shaddy...good luck!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
WTF sounds shaddy...good luck!
Thanks. They apparently need proof of delivery with the full address on it. The proof that I got only had the city and state, although the shipping receipt showed the full address (with that same city and state). I'm on chat with UPS now. Oh, lord. Very nice people...but this is painful. I paid for proof of delivery, and the website said that they'd mail it to me, so I don't know what the issue is. First person said that they could send it but that it would cost me, then "understood my concern" about having already paid for it, transferred me to technical support, who then apologized that I got transferred to technical support, and now I'm back on with customer service.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Geesh, man... This is painful to read about... can't imagine having to actually deal with it. Good luck.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, guys. I got the required (as far as I know it) proof from UPS and sent it to Discover. Back in their court. I don't expect to hear back right away, given that it's the holidays and hopefully those folks get to take a break, too.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
You should have called them the minute he signed for it, now they probably gave him his money back again, and you will need to go through a dispute process to reopen the case.... I would have got them on the phone, wrote down the csr's name that I was speaking to, and got them to specifically look into the issue for me.... Hopefully they jump rite on this for you, I would call them now and make sure someone is looking for the email, they work on xmass eve, and probably bored from no one calling because of the holiday...

Happy holidays Adam, pull your pants up, get out from underneath that mistletoe {no one is going to fall for that} and get on the phone with them...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You should have called them the minute he signed for it, now they probably gave him his money back again, and you will need to go through a dispute process to reopen the case.... I would have got them on the phone, wrote down the csr's name that I was speaking to, and got them to specifically look into the issue for me.... Hopefully they jump rite on this for you, I would call them now and make sure someone is looking for the email, they work on xmass eve, and probably bored from no one calling because of the holiday...

Happy holidays Adam, pull your pants up, get out from underneath that mistletoe {no one is going to fall for that} and get on the phone with them...
Thanks, man. I was told this morning that they need to redispute it (so, I'm assuming reopen the case like you said). I did get a response to my message already this morning after I uploaded the new proof, but it was from someone new saying that they'll send it to the department that I'm assuming that I'd already been working with. I think the only real screw up of this whole thing was not returning it right away. I told them that I hadn't returned it when I opened the dispute and that I was waiting for them to tell me if I should. After all, I didn't want to return it and them have them tell me that I still had to pay. I never heard from them. I admit that I was disappointed when I contacted them a month later (after the seller asked for the amp back because he thought that I got my refund), and they said that they couldn't continue the investigation because there wasn't any proof that it had been returned. Ummm, no kidding - I told them that I hadn't returned it and was waiting to hear from them. Then, to have them close the dispute and add back in the charges after they instructed me to return it, I did return it, and I uploaded proof that I had returned it like they asked - now that bothered me. I know it's probably just a ramification of a large company and things falling through the automated cracks, but it still bothers me. Because now I'm in the boat that I was trying to avoid in the first place - I returned it and they're still charging me the money.

I should call. I know. I'm just not that awesome on the phone when it comes to stuff like this.

On a more serious note - really, no one falls for the pants down/mistletoe thing? Huh. I thought with it being the holidays and all, and I'm standing on a Twister mat...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks, man.

On a more serious note - really, no one falls for the pants down/mistletoe thing? Huh. I thought with it being the holidays and all, and I'm standing on a Twister mat...
Oh if you are on a twister mat, than, that goes with out saying, thats like peanut butter to a puppy, lol add a 17 year old german imagrant and a broken pair of Binoculars and Thats how I met my wife...

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I should call. I know. I'm just not that awesome on the phone when it comes to stuff like this.
You probably do all of this already, but have all the distilled and pertinent info written down right in front of you, before calling. If you haven't already in the past, notate every darned person's name, time/day, etc. I had a real nightmare with ATT not long ago, where I had spoke with so many departments and persons, I was color coding my conversations, and believe it or not, I ran out of colors (had at least black, blue, red, green, purple). Certain promises made to me by a certain someone in business retention was no longer with them on another day. Some people cannot ever be reached again. Sigh.

Anyway, you seem like a nice guy, and that might actually pay off more than being an impatient meanie on the phone. This is experience talking. It of course depends on the person on the other end of the line too.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You probably do all of this already, but have all the distilled and pertinent info written down right in front of you, before calling.
Thanks! Yep, I tend to have it all up on my computer screen when I call/chat with anyone. I sure appreciate all of the advice, though, and taking the time to share it.

Anyway, you seem like a nice guy...
I don't know...not everyone agrees.
Your the Internet bulley Adam :(
:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis