Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Well this reminds me of a story I was once told
Haveing a women in your life that dosnt please you orely is like haveing a car that dosnt turn left
this took me a bit to decode. got stuck on orely. Got it now. Orally if anyone is in the same boat as me, haha.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well this reminds me of a story I was once told
Haveing a women in your life that dosnt please you orely is like haveing a car that dosnt turn left
Moral of the story - the key to a healthy relationship is viewing a woman like a possession that you control.

That reminds me - are you still sleeping on the couch? :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Moral of the story - the key to a healthy relationship is viewing a woman like a possession that you control.
Well you don't hear about all the problems with the divorce rate and marital strife in Saudi Arabia, do you? :D

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned

That reminds me - are you still sleeping on the couch? :D
Haha, morning Adam, no I'm not on the couch ;) back in the bed after a lovely well me had a romantic supprise for her when she finished work at 7.00pm I finished at 5.30 so had a little time to algernize it

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...she finished work at 7.00pm I finished at 5.30 so had a little time to algernize it
Dude, I'm highly impressed. I've never been able to algernize anything in less than two hours, even back when I was in practice.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Guessing a few coin flips correctly does not make one able to predict outcomes in a significant manner, if you know what I mean.
Pop quiz - if someone flips a regular coin (one side is heads, the other side is tails) ten times and gets heads every time, what is the probability that the next flip will be heads?

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Dude, I'm highly impressed. I've never been able to algernize anything in less than two hours, even back when I was in practice.
I took simple and easy that I knew I could do and she'd love nice home cooked Dinnar my parents have Connor for the night so I was Abel to accomplish a fair bit even purchased a dozen roses and a box of rose heads for the bed :) ran a nice Barth for her

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Pop quiz - if someone flips a regular coin (one side is heads, the other side is tails) ten times and gets heads every time, what is the probability that the next flip will be heads?
Depends on the coin, and whether any other extraneous factors might be causing it to land heads every time :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on the coin, and whether any other extraneous factors might be causing it to land heads every time :D
I figured that there'd be someone like you. :p Assuming it's a regular coin and no other extraneous factors...

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I figured that there'd be someone like you. :p Assuming it's a regular coin and no other extraneous factors...
Shy of 50% I suppose. Gotta figure the possibility that it can land on it's edge after all, right?

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Who cares? :p

I'm having a hard time coming up with the answer in my head.. after about 3 minutes of math I was able to come up with the odds though. 1:2

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
People never factor landing on its side into these :(
Go flip a coin 50000 times and report back as to how many times it lands on it's side. :p

How would you calculate this anomaly?

EDIT: Ok, Adam. We need to know exactly what kind of coin it is. A dime probably wouldn't land on its side, but thicker coins could.. also... the digital coin flipper I'm using makes it impossible.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
EDIT: Ok, Adam. We need to know exactly what kind of coin it is. A dime probably wouldn't land on its side, but thicker coins could.. also... the digital coin flipper I'm using makes it impossible.
Don't forget about the weight distribution of the coin!

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Here's a question:

What is the probability that a legitimate math question would be taken seriously in the Boring Thread?

What is the probability that Harald posts a random photo about it?

Who let the dogs out? Who? Who?

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Ok... IF you meant that the single event of flipping heads the 11th time in a row independent of the other outcomes then .5 is my answer.

Having already flipped 10 straight heads the probability of flipping another heads would be 1/2048

The probability of flipping 11 consecutive heads is 1/3.602879701896397e+16

The probability of you getting head is about.... eh.. nevermind.. :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis