fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I looked at those today, and I almost got a J25. The added weight, size, and (marginal) cost steered me towards the Panamax. That one that you have (or just have a picture of :p) was a lot more expensive...at least where I was looking.
I don't have a good shot, so I improvised.

Yea, they're definitely not the most petite devices you ever saw, but they seem super solid. I've played with a bunch of panamax's and liked them, but found the big silver lug for an eye popping price on ebay so I took a shot. Turns out whoever was selling it kept it in brand new condition and apparently didn't care how much they sold it for. As a blind squirrel, that was my nut.

Looking back at that last line I realize it was not the wisest thing to write. As a matter of principle I refuse to change it :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I ordered one of these today. Honestly, I don't know why they'd put two round lights on the front of it. Odd. I like that it's thinner and lighter than the one that I have, though. The reason for the purchase is that I noticed a slight buzzing sound coming from mine when I was working around it the past few days. Probably nothing, but better safe than sorry, I think.

I wondered that too, I think a friend of mine has the exact one m4300-pm? {I know because he bought it on my ebay account}...

It has these two light bulbs pointing down, weird... But I think this is for progear so they probably light the gear underneath with it...

I buy the rocket fish Rocketfish 8 Outlet Power Manager w Surge Protection Noise Filter RF HTS120 | eBay it is a smart strip too, so I can plug in my subs and all my other gear and then it knows when I power on my receiver it automatically powers on the rest of the devices, with out the need of trigger wires... They are like $200 at best buy but on ebay you can get them for $50...

I also like the monoprice power cables, they sell 12" 18" ect so you dont have a bunch of 6 foot cords hanging around the back of your cabinet, they were better quality than most of the ones that came with my gear, the perfect length and like $3 each!! I cleaned up the back of my rack for under $20, no more rings of power cables hanging all over the place...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I buy the rocket fish Rocketfish 8 Outlet Power Manager w Surge Protection Noise Filter RF HTS120 | eBay it is a smart strip too, so I can plug in my subs and all my other gear and then it knows when I power on my receiver it automatically powers on the rest of the devices, with out the need of trigger wires... They are like $200 at best buy but on ebay you can get them for $50...
Wow, that's pretty sweet looking. Seems strange that Best Buy would sell a product with "$48" on the front of the box for $200. :) I'm probably misunderstanding that label, though. I see that the one linked is used. Have you not read the past few pages of my thread? :eek: :D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I wondered that too, I think a friend of mine has the exact one m4300-pm? {I know because he bought it on my ebay account}...

It has these two light bulbs pointing down, weird... But I think this is for progear so they probably light the gear underneath with it...

Yep, it's to light a pro rack

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, that's pretty sweet looking. Seems strange that Best Buy would sell a product with "$48" on the front of the box for $200. :) I'm probably misunderstanding that label, though. I see that the one linked is used. Have you not read the past few pages of my thread? :eek: :D
On sale rite now, just double the price.... lol but the $48 is how much money per year it saves you, not the price..

Rocketfish 8Outlet Console Power Manager with Surge Protection and Noise Filtering RF-HTS120 - Best Buy

And they are available for around $50 new, I bought 3 off one ebay seller for $90 {$30 each}, all brand new...
heres a new one for $48 http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ENERGY-SAVING-CONSOLE-POWER-MANAGER-SURGE-PROTECTION-SHIPS-FREE-/271072636797?pt=US_Surge_Protectors_Power_Strips&hash=item3f1d302f7d
another new one for $49 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rocketfish-8-Outlet-Power-Manager-W-Surge-Protection-Noise-Filter-RF-HTS120-/380504510385?pt=US_Surge_Protectors_Power_Strips&hash=item5897d60fb1

I like mine a lot, I was planning on making this big elaborate control system to get my subs to completely power off {amps still draw and get warm when in standby/auto on mode} and they had no triggers, but my receiver does... But then that $50 box saved me a bunch of hassle, just plug in one master device that will have power all the time {receiver}, then plug all the slave devices you want to power on and off with the master in, and vawala... You turn on the avr everything else gets power instantly, you turn off the avr, everything shuts down as if you unplugged it.... It has some unswitched outlets too, and you can flip a switch to just use it as a normal power strip...

PLUS it REALLY opens up the sound, I mean my system sounded like the radio in my moms old Pinto wagon until I got this powerstrip, now it is very airy and sounds like a newborn baby's smile....

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I took a look at UPS website. I didn't seem to see anything about 72hr time limit.

Now, this to throw out there, selling an item under false pretenses is fraud. Across the country, interstate fraud. Shipping a damaged item and filing claim against shipper for damage, fraud.

I think your CC or Paypal will take care of you, but when you start using language like that, the seller may change his tone.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I took a look at UPS website. I didn't seem to see anything about 72hr time limit.

Now, this to throw out there, selling an item under false pretenses is fraud. Across the country, interstate fraud. Shipping a damaged item and filing claim against shipper for damage, fraud.

I think your CC or Paypal will take care of you, but when you start using language like that, the seller may change his tone.
Thanks for looking! I also looked into it last week, and I didn't see any limits like that, either.

I doubt that I'll bring up fraud. I can read his messages from the perspective of a seller that thinks he's doing the right thing, but I can also read them from the perspective that I've stated here already - and I've got to go with my gut on this one.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for looking! I also looked into it last week, and I didn't see any limits like that, either.

I doubt that I'll bring up fraud. I can read his messages from the perspective of a seller that thinks he's doing the right thing, but I can also read them from the perspective that I've stated here already - and I've got to go with my gut on this one.
Yeah, I gotcha. It's just sometimes people think they are being sneaky, but in reality they are committing a crime. Point that out and the tone changes.

I've had to do it before.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Well, the seller has stated the he will not accept a return, that for all he knows it was me that scratched the amp, that UPS only accepts claims within 72 hours, and that his offer to pay for part of the repairs ends on Monday. Giving me a deadline, and the tone of his message, just firms up in my mind that he's trying to rip me off. Time to contact my credit card company. Dang.
Put the foot down why you gave the amp the benifet of the doubt is beyond me but you did, I'd personally have try'd it and if it did as tour stateing it does have pack it up and sent it back!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Incidents such as this usually make Adam loose faith in all mankind and he disappears for 1/2 to 1 full year...:eek:
Wouldn't you lay low after dumping a body into a river with cement shoes on? :eek: :D

Adam.

Sure is taking awhile for the credit card company to wrap up its investigagtion.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam.

Sure is taking awhile for the credit card company to wrap up its investigagtion.
They say that it can take up to 30 days, and it's been five so far. This is my first time ever doing this, so I don't know how long it should take. Hopefully they rule in my favor. If not, the lid is coming off that amp. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They say that it can take up to 30 days, and it's been five so far. This is my first time ever doing this, so I don't know how long it should take. Hopefully they rule in my favor. If not, the lid is coming off that amp. :)
Me bad.... seems longer to me.. must seem really long for you

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After I saw that Amazon sells Monoprice RedMere HDMI cables a couple of days ago, I've been tempted to order one. I just wish that they had them in black. The ones in stock are white.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
After I saw that Amazon sells Monoprice RedMere HDMI cables a couple of days ago, I've been tempted to order one. I just wish that they had them in black. The ones in stock are white.
See if you can buy some used ones...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
See if you can buy some used ones...
I will! And I'm sure that they'll be in perfect working order before they're shipped. :)

I sure hope that Discover finds in my favor. The whole thing with that seller just seems off to me.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I will! And I'm sure that they'll be in perfect working order before they're shipped. :)

I sure hope that Discover finds in my favor. The whole thing with that seller just seems off to me.
Was his name Alex?

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I was getting worried hadn't seen you post for a few days was starting to think you'd been killed by the seller for confronting him :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis