Bookshelf Speaker Recommendations ($1000 - $2500 and $2500 - $5000 range discussion)

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
I know this is a late response about the Kef R300s.

I considered both the R300 and the ATC19 speakers.

I ended up choosing the R300s and they have been a fantastic speaker. One thing though. I have had some quality issues just show up and waiting to see how Kef handles this.

Mistakes and issues due occur in manufacturing, so I am holding off judgement until after I see how they handle the situation.

I don't think it's a case of paint blue, pass it thru, fix it in the field type of issue.
Could you elaborate a bit...:confused:

C

canelli

Audioholic
ahblaza,

I would like to elaborate and post some pictures. I hope in a day or two for the Dealer and Kef to respond. If they don't respond timely, I will go a head and post without their input.

S

scattershot

Audioholic
I don't know if teh OP is still paying attention or not, but as much as he liked the 1008Be, it would surely be worth a call to Focal to find out what changed between the 1007 and 1008.
He is now and is moving HEAVEN AND EARTH to get these speakers! I was asleep for a few days (married men understand this how the wife can interfere with our hobbies) so I missed the bat signal.

I originally posted this thread so I could get a short list of speakers to audition (and price) and make my #1 choice then list my current speakers for sell on audiogon.

This seeemingly AWESOME price on the focals is forcing my hand a bit, am contacting the manufacturer to find what has changed because the Focal 1008be sound like the perfect bookshelf with no major discernible weakness I could detect from my 30 mins spent listening to various material with those speakers...

Last edited:
S

scattershot

Audioholic
The ATC are great sounding speakers.

I spoke to a dealer who was willing to give a 20% discount on any ATC model. Should the OP grab a bigger ATC monitor, especially at 20% off and with the budget of $2500? :D
Well these are the MSRP's but no one near me has them on demo!

Which were the model you were talking about that you heard and Billy Woodman has in his place? Were they the SCM7 or one of the other one's below?

SCM7:
ATC Loudspeakers. ATC Monitors. ATC SCM. ATC Speakers. Manufacturers of speakers, monitors, drive units and amplifiers.
MSRP: $975.00

SCM11:
ATC Loudspeakers. ATC Monitors. ATC SCM. ATC Speakers. Manufacturers of speakers, monitors, drive units and amplifiers.
MSRP: $1,655

SCM19:
MSRP: $2,950

SCM20SL:
ATC Loudspeakers. SCM20SL
MSRP: $4,475

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well these are the MSRP's but no one near me has them on demo!

Which were the model you were talking about that you heard and Billy Woodman has in his place? Were they the SCM7 or one of the other one's below?

SCM7:
MSRP: $975.00

SCM11:
MSRP: $1,655

SCM19:
MSRP: $2,950

SCM20SL:
ATC Loudspeakers. SCM20SL
MSRP: $4,475
Billy Woodman has the SCM7 in his house.

I also bought the SCM7.

You are able to audition the 1008be, but not the ATC?

The funny thing is, almost everyone says the latest is the greatest. Hearing is so subjective. So can they show objectively that the latest is actually the greatest with new measurements? And the next question is, when is the 1009be coming out, which will then be the latest greatest? :D

Music Direct has the 30 day guarantee. If you are interested, call and ask if you are able to return the speakers if you are not 100% satisfied. :D

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-38925-focal-electra-1007-s-bookshelf-speakers-pr.aspx

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis