3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
HMMMM I think I may buy this as Led Zep is my favourite band of all time.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
HMMMM I think I may buy this as Led Zep is my favourite band of all time.

Dito that....:D

I actually watched the entire news conference and I really enjoyed it. The reporters ask some real good questions of the band. JPJ seemed rather dull but Plant and Page engaged the reporters and made me chuckle out loud with some of their replies...but you could easily tell most...if not all of them(reporters) were huge fans themsleves....:)

Gonna get me some LED out...when I get home....:cool:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Dito that....:D

I actually watched the entire news conference and I really enjoyed it. The reporters ask some real good questions of the band. JPJ seemed rather dull but Plant and Page engaged the reporters and made me chuckle out loud with some of their replies...but you could easily tell most...if not all of them(reporters) were huge fans themsleves....:)

Gonna get me some LED out...when I get home....:cool:

Since my entire Led Zep collection is vinyl based, I might as well continue that trend and get this new package on vinyl. There may even be download coupons included with the vinyl which would give me the best of both worlds. :)

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
What a dumb@$$ I am! :rolleyes: I just received my BD of this concert and as I read the label, I saw that it was the Blu Ray Audio only version. I wanted the video! :mad: Wasn't Amazon's fault - I obviously wasn't paying attention to what I was doing when I ordered it. Why on earth would they produce an audio -only version? :rolleyes: I just ordered the video today, so now I have a BD audio disc to re-gift.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I've received my copy but it will have to wait till xmass. Its a gift from the kids...damn wife....:rolleyes:

In the meantime....looking forward to the Jesse Cook show tomorrow...:)

Last edited:
H

hjustin

Audioholic
My brother-in-law bought this through iTunes and we watched some of it on his Apple TV after dinner today. They sound terrific. Going to buy this one. After my listening session with Bill Waslo a few weeks ago, I'm anxious to pick up more music and concerts on Blu. I need to find out if Roger Waters is doing a Blu release of The Wall tour he's been on the last few years.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
My brother-in-law bought this through iTunes and we watched some of it on his Apple TV after dinner today. They sound terrific. Going to buy this one. After my listening session with Bill Waslo a few weeks ago, I'm anxious to pick up more music and concerts on Blu. I need to find out if Roger Waters is doing a Blu release of The Wall tour he's been on the last few years.
I saw the Wall tour this past summer.....mind blowing & left me how shall I say, " comfortably numb"...:D Waters might just do like Page and Plant did by holding onto the footage and releasing it at some point...outta the blue...here's hoping...:cool:.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw the Wall tour this past summer.....mind blowing & left me how shall I say, " comfortably numb"...:D Waters might just do like Page and Plant did by holding onto the footage and releasing it at some point...outta the blue...here's hoping...:cool:.
I have "The Wall" on DVD and enjoyed it immensely. It must have been mind blowing to see it live. Although Led Zep is my favourite group, The Wall is my favourite album of all time.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I have "The Wall" on DVD and enjoyed it immensely. It must have been mind blowing to see it live. Although Led Zep is my favourite group, The Wall is my favourite album of all time.
Yeah...it was more than just a concert and for me the only thing which would upscale this or any PF show would be seeing Led Zeppelin live.....:cool:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah...it was more than just a concert and for me the only thing which would upscale this or any PF show would be seeing Led Zeppelin live.....:cool:
Three acts I would have loved to seen with their original members are:

1.) Led Zeppelin; anyone of their first 5 albums
2.) Alice Cooper "Welcome To My nightmare"
3.) Pink Floyd "The Wall"
4.) Yes "Fragile"

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sound

What a dumb@$$ I am! :rolleyes: I just received my BD of this concert and as I read the label, I saw that it was the Blu Ray Audio only version. I wanted the video! :mad: Wasn't Amazon's fault - I obviously wasn't paying attention to what I was doing when I ordered it. Why on earth would they produce an audio -only version? :rolleyes: I just ordered the video today, so now I have a BD audio disc to re-gift.
Hey Nad, the BD video and two CD edition is what you ordered after the BD audio only, correct? I noticed with the BD audio only it is 5.1 master audio, the BD video is 5.1 DD. Do I have this right, if so why wouldn't the BD video be recorded in high definition audio, like the BD audio only disc, just curious. I don't know why I'm so concerned, I will probably get the 3 LP edition. Thanks

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
...and @ 24/44.1kHz at that - the same bitrate as the standard DVD. I still picked up a Blu-Ray audio copy anyway off of Amazon for 17 bux, as opposed to downloading it. I'll still take the hard copy over download any day. Something about being able to hold it in your hand.

DJ

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Nad, the BD video and two CD edition is what you ordered after the BD audio only, correct? I noticed with the BD audio only it is 5.1 master audio, the BD video is 5.1 DD. Do I have this right, if so why wouldn't the BD video be recorded in high definition audio, like the BD audio only disc, just curious. I don't know why I'm so concerned, I will probably get the 3 LP edition. Thanks
I wasn't aware that the BD video was encoded in DD.:( As soon as it arrived in the mail, I had to hand it over to the wife, because it's a Christmas gift, so I didn't check the encoding.:rolleyes: I guess I'll probably keep them both now. I can only see this as being a blatant money grab. I can't see any reason that they couldn't have encoded the video version in 5.1 master audio.:mad:

...and @ 24/44.1kHz at that - the same bitrate as the standard DVD. I still picked up a Blu-Ray audio copy anyway off of Amazon for 17 bux, as opposed to downloading it. I'll still take the hard copy over download any day. Something about being able to hold it in your hand.

DJ
I'm pretty old school that way, myself. I have never downloaded any music before. There's something about having a hard copy that says "this is mine, to do whatever I want with it". In fact I don't know much about how downloading works, i.e. can you burn copies to disc to play wherever you want?

I have an e-reader and it bugs me that I can't just sell/give a book to somebody else when I'm done with it, if I so choose.:mad:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Xmass gift for you too eh...GO-NAD...:D. She also bought me something else which is sippose to be a surpise...she said..."you'll never guess"...when I mentioned if its a new sub...she wasn't impressed...what did I say something wrong...:p

GAWD....women...:D
Re:Bill...:)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Well, the down load thing doesn't always work so well, as I'm finding out with my hi-rez down load of George Benson's "Breezin'" from HDTracks. I got all of the songs no problem, but 'This Masquerade' didn't load (I got 8 minutes of silence). It's kind of a big deal when you don't get the whole thing for your 17 bux, esp when the record only has a few songs on it to begin with. They don't seem to be too keen on working with me, so...if I have the option to pick up the hard copy I will always take that option over download from this point forward.

DJ

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Xmass gift for you too eh...GO-NAD...:D. She also bought me something else which is sippose to be a surpise...she said..."you'll never guess"...when I mentioned if its a new sub...she wasn't impressed...what did I say something wrong...:p

Geezus, I can't relate too that!! :p

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief

Unless she thought u meant sub-missive.

Which would be a whole other thing.

DJ

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hehe....she'd likely misunderstand subMersive for sub missive being a women of course....if it would sway her I could do the latter if need be....;)

I'm not even sure which disc she bought and I'll likely won't give it a lsiten until after xmass because the freaking tree has supplanted my sub....there you have my sub missive side...well sorta...:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis