B&W 802D: 3rd Time's a Charm on Friday the 13th

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I envy you having an ETA. My sub is on the FedEx truck, but I don't know when it'll get here. Just keeping my ears tuned for the sound of the truck. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I envy you having an ETA. My sub is on the FedEx truck, but I don't know when it'll get here. Just keeping my ears tuned for the sound of the truck. :)
What sub?

You bought a B&W sub?:eek:

Speaking of subs, I have 2 Funk 18.0 subs coming with unkown ETA as well. They're not even on any trucks. Probably still sitting in Canada.

ETA on 802D2 now 1HR.

I never thought I would have 802D2 before the FA TSAD18V1 subs when I ordered them at the end of April. 13 weeks now. But who's counting? :eek:

BTW, dual FA-18.0s cost 34% of the 802D2.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
One doesn't have to look very far for measured results, like right here
Good find, and a great article. A couple of items stick out to me:

1) The graphs are based on simulation software (not 100% measurements). How good is the simulation? Not quite "real-world" measurements but a close approximation most likely.
2) I am curious as to the precision of measuring equipment (measurement to measurement results on the same test sample)
3) I doubt that this data set was large enough to be statistically significant

But, he does present some very convincing arguments and approached the topic in an objective manner. Bottom line, if you believe everything at face value, then it seems that most consumer speakers would be ready to go from the box, and it is indeed a "brain breaking in".

R

ridikas

Banned
My all time favorite floorstanding uber expensive speakers (under $30K). And yes, I've heard each and every one of them:

1.) Dynaudio Confidence C4 II/Signature $20K-$22K
2.) Revel Salon 2 $22K
3.) Revel Studio 2 $16K
4.) Focal Scala Utopia $22K
5.) B&W 802 Diamond $15K
6.) B&W 800 Diamond $24K
7.) KEF Reference 207/2 $10K

:)

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Doh!

I was going to say "Chemistry much?" until I read the end. :D

Yeah, I really loved Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 and also Biochemistry. NOT. :eek:
Ugh. When I took industrial ochem we had to do a 20 page report on the synthesis of Vitamin B. Never taking that kind of crap again if I don't have to.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
someone is either rockin out right now or crying softly methinks. :D
Curse of Friday the 13th continues.....:mad:

Okay so this late morning I confirmed with them for delivery today around 3pm-4pm.

At 4pm they called and said "Sorry, got delayed with prior delievery in anotner town".

So they said tomorrow a.m.? I said no, same time 3-4pm. Have to work. Will see.

I was pissed. But what can I do? :eek:

Sounds like a damn twilight zone movie:eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ugh. When I took industrial ochem we had to do a 20 page report on the synthesis of Vitamin B. Never taking that kind of crap again if I don't have to.
Talking about chemistry right now is actually more fun than talking about my B&W curse!

OrgChem 1 &2 weren't bad. BioChem was worse. But Medicinal Chem 1 & 2 ate my lunch. In MedChem 1, I got the highest score in my class of 80 students on our 1st exam. And it was a "D". Practically everyone got an "F". :eek: Luckily we were allowed to throw out 1 exam. Bastard teacher knew it. He was damn proud of it. Sick bastard.

Thinking about the days of school makes me feel better about now. :D

Well, I will not mention ETA again. Bad luck. Hopefully they will come tomorrow.

R

ridikas

Banned
Acu, what possessed you to get the B&W 802 Diamond speakers, on top of everything that you already have? The Revels are better :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Translation: "We dropped someone else's speakers today." :eek: :D
Translation: "That store just lost a good customer!"
No pain, no gain.

It seems like most of my speakers purchases have been great deals. And most of them have come with some pain.

I don't know what to say if they don't deliver today. I will be vocal about it, though.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Acu, what possessed you to get the B&W 802 Diamond speakers, on top of everything that you already have? The Revels are better :)
The 802D look awesome and they sound great this time around.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I've been on vacation on Andros Island in the Bahamas fishing and I get back today and you still don't have the duel R2D2's. :eek: They must need to steal them from another crazed customer. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've been on vacation on Andros Island in the Bahamas fishing and I get back today and you still don't have the duel R2D2's. :eek: They must need to steal them from another crazed customer. :D
At this point I'm scared to say anything until I actually have them installed. I thought $15K speakers would get me special treatments, but I thought wrong. :eek:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
At this point I'm scared to say anything until I actually have them installed. I thought $15K speakers would get me special treatments, but I thought wrong. :eek:
Well like anything you have to wait for it usually works out for the best.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
you have to step up to the 50K speakers for special treatment mister :rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis