Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I admire you for trying this yourself, but damn, some things are better left to professionals. Pics?

I have had estimates on dry walling my basement range anywhere from $2500 - $11,000 to one guy who was so drunk, I convinced him to let me drive him home and told him he could pick his car up later. I can repair drywall, but hanging it, especially a ceiling, not so much. Much respect to Gmichael
I figured that if I could build my own speakers, then I could finish my own basement. It wasn't as easy as it looked on paper. It's tough to hold it up with one hand and fasten it with the other, while a fidget holds up my other end. All the while with a 3 foot tall girl yanking on my leg. Just ask Alex.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I figured that if I could build my own speakers, then I could finish my own basement. It wasn't as easy as it looked on paper. It's tough to hold it up with one hand and fasten it with the other, while a fidget holds up my other end. All the while with a 3 foot tall girl yanking on my leg. Just ask Alex.

Next time.:D

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got hit on by a one-legged gay guy today. :eek::cool::D

Last edited:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Are you sure that he wasn't just sitting down? :eek: :D
Well I could see one leg and one long hard slender object sticking out of his shorts. I think it was a prosthetic leg, but I could be mistaken :eek:

majorloser

majorloser

I can't get my @ss out to Jersey fast enough. :rolleyes:
No matter how fast you try to run away, you just can't resist Rick.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jwlYo8EYTWI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jwlYo8EYTWI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
About half a block away, there's a house that hasn't been lived in for something like two years or so. The guy comes back now and again, but he doesn't clean up. His driveway has over an inch of leaves, pollen, and other debris on it (but, yet, I got a notice from my HOA because they drove by one day before I swept it...which I do almost every day :rolleyes:). Anyway, he appears to be moving back in, as there's been some very loud droning motor sound from over there for the past hour. It's after 10pm, and it's LOUD. I get along with the guy, but dang - no respect for his neighbors. No respect by letting his yard look like trash, and then no respect by coming back and making loud noises for so long this late at night.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
About half a block away, there's a house that hasn't been lived in for something like two years or so. The guy comes back now and again, but he doesn't clean up. His driveway has over an inch of leaves, pollen, and other debris on it (but, yet, I got a notice from my HOA because they drove by one day before I swept it...which I do almost every day :rolleyes:). Anyway, he appears to be moving back in, as there's been some very loud droning motor sound from over there for the past hour. It's after 10pm, and it's LOUD. I get along with the guy, but dang - no respect for his neighbors. No respect by letting his yard look like trash, and then no respect by coming back and making loud noises for so long this late at night.
Neighbors? You mean those people that live within view of your property? I had some, but they didn't like it when I shot in their direction, even less so when they were standing there waving and yelling something and then I gave them a hello shot. Never saw them after that.........

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After about two hours, they finally left. Geesh. 11pm is too late in this neighborhood for that kind of noise. Across the street from that guy are a series of homes with folks in their 80's and 90's.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
its 3 am here... i eat my dinner at 11. but i think i should try to get back into a normal sleep schedule becuase right now, i only see about 5 hours of daylight everyday..

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
After about two hours, they finally left. Geesh. 11pm is too late in this neighborhood for that kind of noise. Across the street from that guy are a series of homes with folks in their 80's and 90's.
What's the problem? It's not like they're gonna hear anything.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis