A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
that is an insane deal! I use these speakers for my computer desktop system and they are unreal!
Since you own them, can you tell me if the depth given in the specs (10.25") includes the grill?

They might be a bit big for my desktop...

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Since you own them, can you tell me if the depth given in the specs (10.25") includes the grill?

They might be a bit big for my desktop...
Yes but you don't want to EVER leave the grilles on these babies :)

Find a way to fit them. You can place them within 2" from a backwall, in fact, it's encouraged to keep them close to a backwall to reinforce the bass. They were designed with that in my mind.

W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
Too good to pass up. FedEx already has my pair on the way.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Yes but you don't want to EVER leave the grilles on these babies :)

Find a way to fit them. You can place them within 2" from a backwall, in fact, it's encouraged to keep them close to a backwall to reinforce the bass. They were designed with that in my mind.
Well, I'd use them without grills... so it's good to know the cabinet itself is a little less deep than 10.25"... every bit counts on a desktop.

I'm still considering ordering a pair... but right now I'm dem'oing a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv 4's, and they are damn impressive. I have not found any other speaker this size that I can listen to by itself and not miss a sub.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Well, I'd use them without grills... so it's good to know the cabinet itself is a little less deep than 10.25"... every bit counts on a desktop.

I'm still considering ordering a pair... but right now I'm dem'oing a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv 4's, and they are damn impressive. I have not found any other speaker this size that I can listen to by itself and not miss a sub.
Those Emotiva's look great and they are active so you don't need more amps. Definitely a great option as well!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
What about the E5Bi at $175/pr? Wouldn't these be better since they have a larger woofer?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
What about the E5Bi at $175/pr? Wouldn't these be better since they have a larger woofer?
Not even close. The E-41B utilize the same cabinets as RBH Signature series product. The Beryllium 4" driver is very costly and EMP is likely offering this sale on what ever stock they have left of. Definitely a rare deal at this price given the caliber of parts.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I've got both, and while i've never done a comparision side by side, I can tell you that it's really no comparision to be made. the E41-B has extremely good resolution, smoother midrange, MUCH better treble, and weighs about twice as much. I'm pretty sure it's also got all air core inductors and high quality capcitors and resistors inside too. Even the bind posts feel high-end.

......And mind you... I'd be pretty happy with the E5Bi bookshelves in a small room. Very pleasant speakers.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I've got both, and while i've never done a comparision side by side, I can tell you that it's really no comparision to be made. the E41-B has extremely good resolution, smoother midrange, MUCH better treble, and weighs about twice as much. I'm pretty sure it's also got all air core inductors and high quality capcitors and resistors inside too. Even the bind posts feel high-end.

......And mind you... I'd be pretty happy with the E5Bi bookshelves in a small room. Very pleasant speakers.
I've been mostly out of touch lately, but it is good to see you now have some high quality speakers.
Aside from low-end extension (which is fixed with a sub) and maximum SPL (which is fine for me in any room in my home except the 5300 cu ft LR).
In my experience, the E41-B can hang with any speaker I've listened to as long as they aren't in the same room. That sounds like a left-handed compliment, but I cannot say that about any other speaker I have heard which cost less than $1500/pr.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
You guys are killing me here... I'm trying really hard not to order a pair of these... :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You guys are killing me here... I'm trying really hard not to order a pair of these... :D
Those Airmotiv's look pretty intriguing!
It might be worth a phone call to EMP to see about a trial. I'm thinking you pay shipping back and they eat shipping it to you, but verify. I know this policy applied when I bought mine, and would guess it is good for any item that is not too costly to ship. $30 (my guess at shipping one way) isn't a bad price to know you got the right speakers.:)

Product Evaluation Policy
Many of the products offered by EMP come with an Evaluation Period of 14 days. Customers may use this time to demo their products and determine if the product fits their needs. If the customer decides that they want to return the product while in the Evaluation Period, they simple call EMP and ask for a Return Authorization number. There will be no questions asked. Please check with EMP to see which products are part of this program.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
that is an insane deal! I use these speakers for my computer desktop system and they are unreal!
The review refers to them as 41-SE/B and EMPtek is selling E41-B. Are they the same speakers?
PS - The sale is over, but at $210 I have a 2nd pair on the way. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Last edited:
W

Warmonger

Audioholic Intern
The review refers to them as 41-SE/B and EMPtek is selling E41-B. Are they the same speakers?
PS - The sale is over, but at $210 I have a 2nd pair on the way. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.
My pair came in today. They are genuine rbh signature series 41-SE/B speakers. They come in a white box with blue rbh logo. The packing slip says 41-SE/B and the Owner's Manual says rbh Signature Series. I hooked them up to a 35 year old Sony TA3200F 100 watt amp that's in great condition. Man, they sound great. You made no mistake. Get ready for some great sounding speakers! But then, you already know how good they sound, 2nd pair.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My pair came in today. They are genuine rbh signature series 41-SE/B speakers. They come in a white box with blue rbh logo. The packing slip says 41-SE/B and the Owner's Manual says rbh Signature Series. I hooked them up to a 35 year old Sony TA3200F 100 watt amp that's in great condition. Man, they sound great. You made no mistake. Get ready for some great sounding speakers! But then, you already know how good they sound, 2nd pair.
When I saw Sony, I was reflexively going to suggest you find another amp if you plan to crank them, but then I caught the 35 years old bit. If it is still performing you should be fine.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just ordered a pair for my office :)
Great that you got in on this!
These speakers give up very little in sound quality to the big boys (aside from bass). I actually used these as main speakers in my 16X23 LR with vaulted ceiling (combined with sub) for about 3 years. In this application, they need a reasonably strong amplifier (I used a Niles SI-275), but fill the room with great sound! I have better speakers, but I love the way such big, open sound comes from these little boxes.
Don't be afraid to check them out in a larger room!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis