gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I had also asked why they rebranded these from RBH to EMP. From what I understand, these small bookshelves weren't selling as an RBH product. Going from the typically (much) larger cabinets of other RBH products to these little guys, they just didn't sell.

Any idea what it could be? My first thoughts were something (a wire?) hitting the cone from the inside as it goes back and forth and that's why I took it apart. But it still made the sound when I played music with the driver sitting on the ground.

It's similar to the sound of taking a stack of paper and blowing on the ends of it to make the ruffling sound almost? That sort of buzzing.

That's what made me think the surround wasn't set all the way, or the cone wasn't glued all the way... Really not sure. One of their CS reps is supposed to call me today, I called them at 4:50 their time yesterday so he didn't have a chance to speak with me. Hopefully they have some spare Be drivers lying around and didn't sell out of all their spare parts too! :p
sounds like the voice coil isn't properly aligned if its making a rubbing sound as the cone moves in and out.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
sounds like the voice coil isn't properly aligned if its making a rubbing sound as the cone moves in and out.
Don't quote me, and more importantly my interpretation of what they said, but that's what both Shane and John from my calls lead me to believe as well!

Hopefully I'll have a new driver fairly soon and get these babies rip-roarin and ready to go again!

L

ljbrandt

Audioholic Intern
I know this is a REALLY old thread, but if anyone still has their E41-B's and are looking to part with them, please hit me up. I already bought a pair from Fuzz, and am looking to set more up for a 3.1 or 5.1 system. Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis