Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Says the man who wouldn't spend $100 on a wireless solution for sending audio to his receiver... :p
Hey hey, what I did worked...........eventually :eek: Besides I'm practicing what everybody else has preached to me, speakers first :D Then I'll worry about getting fancy with wireless this and silver that and buying $20,000 interconnects and those little platforms you put them on because laying on the ground does something bad to them and more amps so I can bi-amp all my speakers (but definitely not going active with the crossover) etc etc etc :rolleyes:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I will be interested in them, too.....perhaps more important, my wife may be, too! :D
Agree I might be able to pull off a purchase of a different style box with less depth and without the church style she keeps on commenting about. Just last night in my umpteenth time to convince her on a pair of Phil2's she out of the clear blue said, those speakers look like the front end of a old timely locomotive. I said honey it's not the looks it the sound that's important. After 35 minutes of per silence :eek: I went up stairs and listened to some hard core blues. Maybe one day I will be achieve victory.

S

saeyedoc

Junior Audioholic
I tried to get her to approve some Phils as well, no go and this is from someone who's been looking at my Vandersteen 2Cs for 25 yrs. Too bad, because I think the 2s are one of the best deals out there right now.
As Dennis has stated in the past, that's where the Salks come in handy.
Philharmonics, best speaker for $3k and under for single guys!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Agree I might be able to pull off a purchase of a different style box with less depth and without the church style she keeps on commenting about. Just last night in my umpteenth time to convince her on a pair of Phil2's she out of the clear blue said, those speakers look like the front end of a old timely locomotive. I said honey it's not the looks it the sound that's important. After 35 minutes of per silence :eek: I went up stairs and listened to some hard core blues. Maybe one day I will be achieve victory.
I thought the SS10/12 goes with the train of Soundscape.:D
The Phil2 goes with the church of Philharmonic. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Or guys with very understanding significant others :D

Although possibly guys who don't care if they end up single once again :eek:
Very understanding = Want Salon 2s, want them placed >3ft from the back wall, away from the side walls... and then you want a 140lb subwoofer placed precisely where some software tells you is best. And she says, "ok". That's understanding! ;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Very understanding = Want Salon 2s, want them placed >3ft from the back wall, away from side walls... and then you want a 140lb subwoofer placed precisely where some software tells you is best. And she says, "ok". That's understanding! ;)
Haha, definitely :D Although there are all levels of "understanding" Your level of "understanding" appears to be extremely high ;) Mine falls slightly below that, as long as none of my knick knacks get in her way she could care less about them :D Oh, and no dark woods :rolleyes:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Haha, thanks Adam. Now if only it wasn't a grainy crappily lit cell phone picture.......

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Like I said before, too bad I don't need another set of speakers.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Like I said before, too bad I don't need another set of speakers.
I think "don't need" is just a phrase you're tossing around to talk yourself out of giving into your deep desire to snag these bad boys :D

If anyone didn't need them it's you know who (coughADTGcough) and look at him :p

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I think "don't need" is just a phrase you're tossing around to talk yourself out of giving into your deep desire to snag these bad boys :D

If anyone didn't need them it's you know who (coughADTGcough) and look at him :p
Guilty as charged. I'm afraid of turning into ADTG, and then feeling an urgent need not only to buy an assortment of speakers (and amps to drive them), but to also dispense prescriptions...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis