Total Recall (2012)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
After teaser, official trailer has been released on this Sunday:

So, no Mars and looks like no mutants or aliens ether, but action looks promising and girls look hot - As good if not better than Sharon (back in the day)

More info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Recall_(2012_film)

Last edited by a moderator:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Cool, I didn't even know they were making a new one :D

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
This looks pretty bad. I love the original, so maybe that's just the nostalgia talking. But the beginning of this movie looks devoid of all the happy, comfortable corporate fun of the original Rekall. The Rekall in this movie looks like a dystopian torture chamber, not a relaxed and comfortable place of the original. That turns me off immediately.

All action and no fun makes for a dull movie.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja

One of these looks like a corporate office lab in the near future featuring a suburban woman who enjoys her job and the other looks like the deck of a Romulan warship in the year 2450 featuring a stone-faced guy who might as well be a stormtrooper.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.

Meh. Looks OK. Doesn't look like they ever go to Mars from the trailer. Also why couldn't Kate Beckinsale be the good chick? I'm sick of Jessica Biel. But if there isn't a space hooker with 3 boobs, count me out. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I still like the original, but it was far from a good movie :) I heard they were remaking it, but didn't know Colin would be the lead. This one looks like i,Robot meets Minority Report. Doesn't look too bad.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
also Meets The Fifth element :)
One of the things that made The Fifth Element a classic was its sense of fun and humor. Bright colors, quirky characters. None of that here - just the flying car.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
One of the things that made The Fifth Element a classic was its sense of fun and humor. Bright colors, quirky characters. None of that here - just the flying car.
So, Mr Parade Pooper - Woke up from wrong foot today or something?

Yes, The remake is different than original, but the differences are intentional - they didn't wanted to shoot exactly same movie with new artists

Yes, This movie will probably not have much humor, but then again 5th Element was written and directed by Luc Besson - Not your typical Hollywood producer

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
So, Mr Parade Pooper - Woke up from wrong foot today or something?

Yes, The remake is different than original, but the differences are intentional - they didn't wanted to shoot exactly same movie with new artists

Yes, This movie will probably not have much humor, but then again 5th Element was written and directed by Luc Besson - Not your typical Hollywood producer
I only have wrong feet ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. I am not sure I could get sick of Jessica Beil or Kate Beckinsale...or the two of them together :eek:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'd hit that even if I found it laying dead on the side of the road after a few day. :eek:
Sure Jessica Biel's hot and everything, she's just a horrible actress. I'm assuming the "good girl" gets more screen time as in the original. If that is the case I would rather look at Kate than Jessica.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sure Jessica Biel's hot and everything, she's just a horrible actress. I'm assuming the "good girl" gets more screen time as in the original. If that is the case I would rather look at Kate than Jessica.
Well, unless they made this a drama, the chicks in the original were little more than eye candy :D Come on, the blonde (Stone) vs brunette (Ticotin) fight scene was good entertainment :p

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
The real star is Phil Dikk (really spelled like the male anatomical feature, but that word is blocked by this software). His stories or his perception of the universe is the basis of about half of the worthwhile sci-fi flix of the past 30 years. Total Recall, Blade Runner, Scanner Darkly, Minority Report, Adjustment Bureau, Inception and on and on....all part of the Phil **** universe. Unfortunately, he died before the first movie, which was Blade Runner, but I guess he knew it would happen that way, and he knew that some artificial intelligence that doesn't work quite right would block the name of the author of the stories that the movies are based on. Sounds like a Dikkean ending....

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
it's Harold from Harold and Kumar!

Selene would totally kick everybody's *** ... wait, what movie is this? :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Saw the trailer on this from the new Spiderman movie. I'm sold on this new take. If done right, the bluray of this could be used as reference material. I'm lining up to get this one when its released on Dec 18.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I saw the preview on the spiderman bluray aswell..... Can I has in now pweez. Preview was put together well enough for me to waaaant it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis