Total Recall (2012)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Average moive great special effects!
I actually seen the movie recently and I do agree. Definitely worth to watch on the big screen with a good sound system, just don't expect an amazing story line

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
And hot babes. Don't forget the hot babes.
Well, this flick has one with three boobs. Does that count?

Seriously, i haven't seen it yet. They remake everything nowadays. Was there anything in it that made it worth remaking the original, aside from simply making money?

On a side note, i hear they want to "reboot" the Mummy franchise. Apparantly, Brandon Fraiser is about to be eclipsed.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty much what has been said already: awesome visuals wrapped around an exceedingly average movie. Even the sound was a bit unexciting. Besides Kate, there wasn't much there.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
OPPO audio playback issues?

Read the review of this movie at hi-def digest. Video rated 5/5
but had bitstream issues on an Oppo, I think perhaps the 103?? He had to change to PCM.

Anyone with same problem? I will be getting this when $$ gets cheaper and want to be prepared.

C

Cavediver

Audioholic
Read the review of this movie at hi-def digest. Video rated 5/5
but had bitstream issues on an Oppo, I think perhaps the 103?? He had to change to PCM.

Anyone with same problem? I will be getting this when $$ gets cheaper and want to be prepared.
The audio on this release is defective. The Blu-ray with TrueHD audio has major audio drop-out problems with many player/processor configurations. It is an authoring problem with the disk. It is only fixed by having the player or processor convert the audio to PCM or AC3 which is not acceptable in my opinion. Do not buy this disk until Sony fixes the problem. I'm returning mine to Amazon.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The audio on this release is defective. The Blu-ray with TrueHD audio has major audio drop-out problems with many player/processor configurations. It is an authoring problem with the disk. It is only fixed by having the player or processor convert the audio to PCM or AC3 which is not acceptable in my opinion. Do not buy this disk until Sony fixes the problem. I'm returning mine to Amazon.
Thanks. That is what I am after as it is on my buy list but now, it is on hold.:eek:
I hope Sony is listening and fixing the problem.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had no dropouts with it on my Oppo, but I us multichannel analog. I can't recommend this one as a buy anyway.

Budabear

Budabear

Junior Audioholic
Personally I couldn't get past 10 minutes of this movie. Thought it was trash!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was given this bluray as a gift and I had to return it becasue of teh drop outs and the picture freezing. :( .

I really enjoyed this version of the film however and prefer it over the Arnold Schwartzenegger version. This film is full of good CGI, hot babes and a great story line. Whats not too like?

majorloser

majorloser

Besides Kate, there wasn't much there.
Don't forget Jessica :p

I watched it last night. Worthy of a "rent" but not a "buy".

But if they have a collectors edition with more rolling around and fighting between Kate and Jessica, I'm in.
Throw "triple boob" in the fight and I might even give it two thumbs up. :D

Last edited:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

I watched it last night. Worthy of a "rent" but not a "buy".

But if they have a collectors edition with more rolling around and fighting between Kate and Jessica, I'm in.
Thumbs? Are you sure that's what's up?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, but not enough of her compared to Kate. Kate just rolling out of bed and in all those form fitting outfits compared to Jessica in her "street" outfits.

That would be three thumbs up.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
The audio on this release is defective. The Blu-ray with TrueHD audio has major audio drop-out problems with many player/processor configurations.
I was really disappointed with the audio glitches, through the lip-sync off a couple of times, easily fixed with a short "rewind" on the PS3.

On the plus side I did like the movie, thought is was better than the original and worth a rent IMO.

Steve

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
I was given this bluray as a gift and I had to return it becasue of teh drop outs and the picture freezing. :( .

I really enjoyed this version of the film however and prefer it over the Arnold Schwartzenegger version. This film is full of good CGI, hot babes and a great story line. Whats not too like?

Would the disc just freeze and be choppy? I have gone through planet of apes and now x-men first class, and both get all choppy and scratchy? Not sure whats going on with these discs as they are mint. Thought it was my BD player at first but other discs play fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis