Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Did I tell you guys I installed the Salon2 (which are like 170lbs each) all by myself?:D

That is why I don't like speaker feet/spikes; I like being able to glide the speakers on carpet.:D

Those ATI amps are also really heavy. The AT3002 & AT3005 are like 100lbs each, & the AT6012 is like 75lbs.
Nicely done. For the Salon 2s I hired movers, because they had to be hauled up stairs, and I figured why strain myself when I could spend a few hundred dollars and have people follow my orders!

The AT3005 was a PITA to get out of the box, but after that it wasn't so bad.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nicely done. For the Salon 2s I hired movers, because they had to be hauled up stairs, and I figured why strain myself when I could spend a few hundred dollars and have people follow my orders!

The AT3005 was a PITA to get out of the box, but after that it wasn't so bad.
Oh, yeah, no way I would install the Salon2, Orion, and Phil3 by myself if my room were upstairs. I probably would not carry the AT 3005/3002 upstairs by myself either.:D

That is why I will not buy/build 2 story houses.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, yeah, no way I would install the Salon2, Orion, and Phil3 by myself if my room were upstairs. I probably would not carry the AT 3005/3002 upstairs by myself either.:D

ADTG, I just wanted to congratulate you on something that I missed earlier. All hail our newest Overlord! You post whore, you. :p :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ADTG, I just wanted to congratulate you on something that I missed earlier. All hail our newest Overlord! You post whore, you. :p :D
Wow. You noticed it before I did!:D

So I'm an overlord now. I like the sound of that.:cool:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

You guys must be geezers :D
I don't know that I could wait for movers to come haul my speakers upstairs. Lift with the knees :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know that I could wait for movers to come haul my speakers upstairs. Lift with the knees :D
Of course I'm a geezer. Who else do you think is likely to have enough disposable income or accumulated wealth to afford speakers that cost as much as new cars?

Actually, just one other relatively strong adult male would have worked, but, you know, geezers tend to hang around with other geezers, and most of us are not in very good condition.

F

frsimms

Junior Audioholic
Dennis,

Have you asked your old bosses in the government if you can go back to work! After manufacturing all these speakers, I am sure you could use the rest.

Bob

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Of course I'm a geezer. Who else do you think is likely to have enough disposable income or accumulated wealth to afford speakers that cost as much as new cars?

Actually, just one other relatively strong adult male would have workeid, but, you know, geezers tend to hang around with other geezers, and most of us are not in very good condition.
I had to google the word "geezer".:eek:

Old and eccentric.

Old, no.

Eccentric, yes.:D

But I think a lot of Audioholics are eccentric. Probably most.:)

Especially if you are an Overlord or Jedi.:cool:

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Dennis,

Have you asked your old bosses in the government if you can go back to work! After manufacturing all these speakers, I am sure you could use the rest.

Bob
Funny you should mention that. I've had to go into the office one day a week to write up some of my consumer research that the Commission decided to make public. It's considerably more profitable than speakers--I only lose $16 a day
($0.00 salary minus $16 parking).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Eagle has landed

I uploaded some pics on photobucket.

Here are just a few from photobucket.

Listening to them now. Will report back later.

So far, very detailed smooth sound. Very, very nice. Sounds great. Excellent speakers.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
All that money spent on speakers and you're drink some $15 sparkling asti? :eek:

The Phil 3's look very nice, as does the rest of your collection!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I hope you have a structurally sound floor, or that room is on a slab, because I'd guess that system now weighs in the vicinity of 1500 pounds. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So far I think the Phil3's are among the best speakers I've heard at any price.

I think the tweeter and midrange of the Phil3 sound just as great as the Salon2, Orion, and KEF Reference 201/2. Of course, I doubt if the Phil3 or Orion will play "as loud" as the Salon2.:D

Sure, they may have some differences. But I can't use fancy words to differentiate these speakers in terms of midrange and treble.

The Phil3's bass is very tight and capable. It will rattle the walls. But it won't go as deep or powerful as the Salon2 or Orion, but that's what subs are for when you need them.

For a lot of music, I won't be needing subwoofers with the Phil3.

I played my usual variety of audition songs - rock, pop, classical, some jazz, male vocals, female vocals, acoustic. My maximum volume is around 92dBC, but average volume is around 85dBC from 3 meters away. Sound is just fantastic.

The treble is smooth. Midrange is crystal clear and detailed. Soundstage is very wide and 3 dimensional. High-end caliber in every way.

Cabinets are stunning. The finish is as beautiful as Salon2 & KEF 201/2, smoother and prettier than my Orion.

I love the magnetic grills on my Phil3. They are like the magnetic grills of the Salon2. I think all speakers should have magnetic grills. Very nice touch.

The Phil3 are easy to move around for me. Hook up was easy. I use the single amp option, but the bi-amp option is available. My amp is the Denon AVR-3310CI, which can output 160wpc x 2ch (measured).

I am super pleased with the Philharmonic 3 speakers. I am proud to own them. They are keepers for sure. The Philharmonic Audio are fantastic speakers at any price. At $3K & $2K, the Phil3 & Phil2 respectively are difficult to beat. I highly recommend them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. The bass sucks. Get your money back if you can find the guy.
Hee**hee**:D

I'm sure Bose speakers sound just as good on YouTube.:eek::D

Just for the visuals.

But don't tell DenPureSound that.:eek::D

BTW, I used my Sony digital camera to film that video.

And I used my 10 yr old daughter's YouTube account. She actually uploaded the video and emailed me the link.:eek::D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis